The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

they are, gon be very limited, fromt he info ive gather so far, only sold in swatch stores and fcfs so watch peeps gon be lining up outside like sneaker resellers to get their hands on it

not sure this is a good idea... kind of ruins the luxury/prestige of omega or speedy, no? it'll be like if rolex collabs with timex...

i mean id probably try uranus ( :lol: uranus) but i dont know, just a weird collab

edit: colors may have leaked

not sure this is a good idea... kind of ruins the luxury/prestige of omega or speedy, no? it'll be like if rolex collabs with timex...

i mean id probably try uranus ( :lol: uranus) but i dont know, just a weird collab

edit: colors may have leaked

yeah ppl could swap the movements into a steel/gold case. think they're kinda taking a chance w/their brand TBH.

Came here to see if you guys were checking for the Swatch x Omega, and there it is. :lol:

Personally being a big Swatch fan, I'm excited. I gotta find a store in SoCal, but I don't think there is one anymore...

I definitely want one, not going to lie. A lot of dope colour combos. Nice fun watch to own at an affordable price. Though with it only being available at swatch stores fcfs, it might be pretty hectic as there will definitely be resale value on something like this

yeah ppl could swap the movements into a steel/gold case. think they're kinda taking a chance w/their brand TBH.
What would that accomplish? Putting a cheap quartz movement in some random steel/gold case that cost more than the starter watch itself?

And IMO they're not taking a risk or tarnishing the brand. This is Essentials to Fear of God. A way to get people into the brand at a much lower price point in the hopes that they'll move up to the real thing one day.

Came here to see if you guys were checking for the Swatch x Omega, and there it is. :lol:

Personally being a big Swatch fan, I'm excited. I gotta find a store in SoCal, but I don't think there is one anymore...

Yeah, looks like the only Cali store they'll be available at is in the Bay.

There's a Swatch store out here in Jersey by me but looks like they're only available in NYC stores.
Would've tried for the Moon or Mercury but not really looking to make the trip to the city

What would that accomplish? Putting a cheap quartz movement in some random steel/gold case that cost more than the starter watch itself?

And IMO they're not taking a risk or tarnishing the brand. This is Essentials to Fear of God. A way to get people into the brand at a much lower price point in the hopes that they'll move up to the real thing one day.
well it says the price will be $229, steel cases & aftermarket pushers are cheap or can be made for cheap

not really the best analogy because a speedy cost $6k, the swatch is $250... the price difference is significantly bigger, its not a $100 hoody and hopefully you jump into a $400 hoody

plus with omega bumping the price up to compete with rolex and place themselves in the same tier, having a cheap swatch alternative is not going to help, its going to distance them further from the crown

again imagine rolex collabing with timex

you can also say the watch world is a different monster from the fashion world, a lot of people buy a handful of watches a year, a lot of people buy a dozen sweats, hoody, tee, etc... a month :lol:

but hey, a month, a year from now and none of this could really matter but its a constant uphill battle for grand seiko so shake-off the "its still a seiko" consumer

im curious if they'll sell the set with that briefcase, im a sucker for little things like that

im curious if they'll sell the set with that briefcase, im a sucker for little things like that

I think the videos posted said that Swatch retailers are limiting to 2 pieces per customer. Maybe down the line they'll do the set.

Yeah, looks like the only Cali store they'll be available at is in the Bay.

There's a Swatch store out here in Jersey by me but looks like they're only available in NYC stores.
Would've tried for the Moon or Mercury but not really looking to make the trip to the city

Damn...my mom is currently in Dubai so I'm hitting her up to see if she'll scoop one out there for me. :lol:

Both of those are standing out to me as well. I'm liking Jupiter too.

I like them. Would grab one if I came across it for MSRP. Jupiter looks great.

These would be way cooler with rubber straps though. OEM's look awful.

Last edited:
im kind of confused, some are saying its swatch boutiques only but lookin at other forums, seems some stores carrying swatch might sell them too?

this was posted on another forum so if you can figure out which store carries swatch, you might get lucky as NTers, we are trained for these types of releases :lol: :

Just called my local Swatch store and they acknowledged the release and stated they're opening an hour early on Saturday. Said they hope to have a line out the door.

Staff claimed to not know the price or which colors/versions they will (or have) received as they can't open the shipments.

For reference, I live in Las Vegas.

According to the Swatch website these are the only US cities getting them

Screenshot_20220323-215431_Edge.jpg

yah that info is wrong, based on watch forums, there are more stores that will sell it as stated a vegas store is not listed but they will have some in stock

Back
Top Bottom