The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The speedmaster is one of my dream watches and I'm a ways off from ever being able to purchase one but I don't know if I would actually even want this one if I had a chance to purchase it.

I want the Omega because of the quality, history, and looks. This one I just get the looks. I'd rather get something else that scratches the itch but isn't the tease of this one.

From what I've been reading it's not limited at all and will also be sold online a few days after release.

its not limited to the first release on saturday and will be available online eventually, i dont think anyone knows when exactly

also, no one knows exactly if this will be produced for only a year or similar to a speedy where they’ll just keep making it

the cartier tank must with colored dial isnt considered limited but they are only making them a 2021 production and after that initial batch are gone then that was it

honestly though, this will take sales away from omega and it’s kind of crazy to have a super cheap and omega branded alternative to their most popular model

i recently got my speedy and if the plastic version had been out then i might have settled and buy a handful of colors of the swatch version and there’s a good chance it’ll satiate my speedy desire and spend the $7k on something else

i wouldnt be surprised if there are plenty others that feel the same whether they already own one or want to own one in the future

there are a lot of people who bought the H&M x Balmain collab and never bought a piece of Balmain

but this collab has taken the watch world by storm and has dominated the watch forums so their marketing worked… for better or worse

This changes nothing about my intentions to get a Speedy when time is right. Have my eyes on Ed White. Should prob get on a list soon.

omega-swatch-moonswatch-collab-collection-1.jpg

Last edited:
Haven’t bought a new watch since I got my Speedy Pro back in 2012…Been on more adventures with this thing than I can even remember at this point…sold all my other Omega’s (Somewhere around 12 pieces total) along the way and kept only this one…
BF29C45A-B63B-4BA0-B4C4-C8BEF44D9FFA.jpeg

Turned the big 4-0 and decided since the Speedy served me well for the last decade, it was time to get down with a new watch for the next decade…Felt pretty confident that the Deepsea is going to be that piece…Now I find out seeing a Rolex in a store is like seeing Bigfoot swimming with a unicorn…When the hell did this craziness happen?!? I’m trying to find the DS for retail but all these places I’m hitting up keep saying they can put me on a list and it could be up to a year before they check my name off…I get being played and showed the door but damn…My old watch guy retired off the profit he made in this market apparently :lol:…Retail or bust so I guess I’ll add my name to this phantom list…

My buddy just picked up a deep sea from tourneau. Not much history with them, spent maybe 3k on a Tudor few years ago. They took his name and he had it within 1.5 months. You may have some luck with that one.

My buddy just picked up a deep sea from tourneau. Not much history with them, spent maybe 3k on a Tudor few years ago. They took his name and he had it within 1.5 months. You may have some luck with that one.

Seems like the DS isn’t in high demand so that might work to my advantage 🤷‍♂️…Might try the Vegas location…

Anyway I’m just shocked I can’t walk into a store and buy a watch…Let alone paying over retail for one…Back in my days it was discount at the register every single time…

It's all a game.

My name has been on the list for the panda Tudor chrono at South Coast plaza since the watch released and I'm pretty sure when I left they just thew away the piece of paper they asked me to write my info on

hit up all the ADs in your area and express interest and get the groundwork started as soon as possible

who knows, people get lucky and if you connect to a non-douche SA, you might just get yours sooner than later

best of luck!

nothing but long lines and crazy wait for the moonswatch all over the world

i guess if omega wanted the same rolex visual where people were lining up to get their watches... then they succeeded :lol:

probably for the wrong reason but i guess theres no such thing as bad publicity applies here?

hit up all the ADs in your area and express interest and get the groundwork started as soon as possible

who knows, people get lucky and if you connect to a non-douche SA, you might just get yours sooner than later

best of luck!

Meh, this is all giving me a headache…Plus it’s Vegas, all the sales associates are d-bags…Might just say to hell with it and get that 300m Titanium Bond piece 🤷‍♂️

im with you, some say the hunt is part of the fun, i say im too old for this sh*t

there is nothing like getting that watch you really want and rolex feels special in hand so i understand but there are also a lot of other options out there so look around and see what fits

just leave your name in all the ADs and then forget about it, if you get the call then its icing, the 300m bond is a nice watch and if you like the deepsea then check out the newly announced omega ultra deep, its their answer to rolex

It's all a game.

My name has been on the list for the panda Tudor chrono at South Coast plaza since the watch released and I'm pretty sure when I left they just thew away the piece of paper they asked me to write my info on

Tudors are in demand like that? I hope they didn’t violate you like that.

I’ve recently put myself on the list at Harrods, for their Black Bay exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom