The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I'm turning 40 in July and it seems as if I'm going to be able to pick up one of two watches I've had my eye on for some time.

The first one is a Omega Seamaster 300m. I used to have chrono version of this model a while ago and have always liked the layout, wave dial and sword hands.
2254-50-00-88.png
s-l1600.jpg
xlUBooX.jpg
omega_seamaster_225450_1571669387_e609356a.jpg

The other option is the Tudor Black Bay Pro. I have liked the model since it was launched earlier this year. The gmt function, pops of yellow, modern movement and design are all positives. The only thing I don't really like is how the black paint on the middle of the hands is applied.

tudor-black-bay-pro-with-badge.jpg
Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-GMT-79470-review-2.jpg
scottish-watches-article-20220501-image7.jpg
Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-GMT-79470-review-9.jpg

I have two divers in my collection at the moment but that doesn't stand in the way of getting another. I'll be checking out the pro tomorrow in person and have looked at Omega plenty. Anyway any opinions are appreciated.
Tudor all day. Beautiful well put together watch

I'm turning 40 in July and it seems as if I'm going to be able to pick up one of two watches I've had my eye on for some time.

The first one is a Omega Seamaster 300m. I used to have chrono version of this model a while ago and have always liked the layout, wave dial and sword hands.
2254-50-00-88.png
s-l1600.jpg
xlUBooX.jpg
omega_seamaster_225450_1571669387_e609356a.jpg

The other option is the Tudor Black Bay Pro. I have liked the model since it was launched earlier this year. The gmt function, pops of yellow, modern movement and design are all positives. The only thing I don't really like is how the black paint on the middle of the hands is applied.

tudor-black-bay-pro-with-badge.jpg
Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-GMT-79470-review-2.jpg
scottish-watches-article-20220501-image7.jpg
Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-GMT-79470-review-9.jpg

I have two divers in my collection at the moment but that doesn't stand in the way of getting another. I'll be checking out the pro tomorrow in person and have looked at Omega plenty. Anyway any opinions are appreciated.

Two very different pieces, not least of which one being modern and the other having some age on it…I’m an Omega guy so I’d swing the SMP just because they don’t use the sword hands on the modern variations anymore…Have to factor in possible servicing and repairs on the SMP…

But…

That PRO is something beautiful…Easily one of the best newer pieces across any brand to hit the market in recent years…

So yeah, that’s my long winded way of saying there isn’t a wrong decision…

^ ^ ^

how are you liking the bracelet?

i usually dont like it when they dont integrate the endlinks to the case but that omega mesh looks so good and actually has the folding clasp

^ ^ ^

how are you liking the bracelet?

i usually dont like it when they dont integrate the endlinks to the case but that omega mesh looks so good and actually has the folding clasp

Extremely comfortable actually…Didn’t think I’d like it at first but it’s top notch for sure…The lightweight titanium really does make a difference…I got the gen-2 version luckily so it looks at bit sturdier at the end links and clasp…

I have a blue dial Omega SMP 300m, but itching to pick up another towards the end of the year. My excuse is I need another nice watch so I can pass 1 down to each of my son's :lol:

Most likely going to be 1 of these two-
Screenshot_20220611-154954_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220611-154930_Brave.jpg

Did you get it? Still deciding?
Nah still deciding. There are a lot of things to consider. In comparison to my sub, the face of the tudor is very round (Probably because of the super case). Beautiful in hand though.

Every new year with the releases i hope they drop a new model more in line with the 2254.50 but Omega seem to love those skeleton hands. Other than the current 300, the older omega is the only one I'd get after already owning a black 300m.

I have a blue dial Omega SMP 300m, but itching to pick up another towards the end of the year. My excuse is I need another nice watch so I can pass 1 down to each of my son's :lol:

I'm def an AT fan, but in this situation, have to spring for the Speedy!

Every new year with the releases i hope they drop a new model more in line with the 2254.50 but Omega seem to love those skeleton hands. Other than the current 300, the older omega is the only one I'd get after already owning a black 300m.

Preference is certainly a funny thing and something unique to all of us. The skeleton hands are one of my favorite features on the SMP300. Absolutely love them and find them very practical.

If you’ve never owned one I vote Speedy…I’m of the belief that every watch enthusiast should own one at least once in their life…

Nah still deciding. There are a lot of things to consider. In comparison to my sub, the face of the tudor is very round (Probably because of the super case). Beautiful in hand though.

I used an Electric Blue SMP as my daily for a good three or four years at one point and the lume was second to none…Due in large part to those sword hands…Skeleton hands are more traditional for the model at this point obviously but damn if it wouldn’t be nice if they revisited the 2254 style again…

Definitely the moonwatch. The aqua terra is a lovely piece but the moonwatch is a timeless iconic design.

Moonwatch.

Cant wear it in the pool….👎🏻

Got rid of mine and replaced with a PO.

Need a water resistant one in the future….

Back
Top Bottom