The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Looking to treat myself for having made partner last October and turning 40 this December. Went to my local Rolex AD with my eyes on a sub...

Tried it on and actually don't like it. Instead will go with Explorer II...fits better, face and dial looked better to me. I was honesty surprised I didn't like the sub, but it just shows you need to go in and try pieces on etc.

Now I get to wait for however long :lol::smh:

Any feedback from 36mm Explorer owners?

Top-shelf? Get bored after awhile? A touch too small?

I'm itching for one no lie.

its annoying AF

going back down to 36mm was suppose to make it less desirable but it still seems close to impossible to get one

funny too because if i go to a new AD and ask for a sub or daytona or skydweller its already "hell no" from SAs but when i ask for an explorer36 they seem confident they can deliver and they take my name and info but half a dozen ADs later and still nothing

i dont have the explorer but i have blue OP36 and DJ36 and those are some of my favorites to wear, it wears so well especially for my wrist size... my sweet spot is about 36mm-38mm and 40mm the most

Are these sponsored pieces? Not sure how these guys are getting pieces like this already.

some on loan from a jeweler to earn their business, some already got sponsors/deals and some agents probably loan em some money early to sign with them

Stock pics, but gave this to my pops for his birthday today.

0BE047FF-7C5A-4564-93AD-CA832D35334E.jpeg
1DB211F0-09EA-413A-8494-DA628D053301.jpeg

Looking to treat myself for having made partner last October and turning 40 this December. Went to my local Rolex AD with my eyes on a sub...

Tried it on and actually don't like it. Instead will go with Explorer II...fits better, face and dial looked better to me. I was honesty surprised I didn't like the sub, but it just shows you need to go in and try pieces on etc.

Now I get to wait for however long :lol::smh:
Your rolex AD had submariners for sale?! Explorer II as well? For some reason thats hard to believe. All the ADs are bone dry for the last ~3 yrs. You should have taken pics, not sure if i can belive it

Your rolex AD had submariners for sale?! Explorer II as well? For some reason thats hard to believe. All the ADs are bone dry for the last ~3 yrs. You should have taken pics, not sure if i can belive it

probably an exhibition model, rolex been sending them out to ADs

Any feedback from 36mm Explorer owners?

Top-shelf? Get bored after awhile? A touch too small?

I'm itching for one no lie.
I had the 14270. Sold it and bought a pre-owned 114270 from 2010 w/B+P because I wanted the SEL.

I absolutely love the 36mm Explorer and I'm more than happy I got the 114270. I have 6 1/2" wrist circumference and it sits perfect. Super legible, everything on the dial is proportional. I like to alternate and was gonna go back to my Submariner 16610 next week, but I'll wear my Explorer a bit longer.

Ok tried on 36m Explorer and although i have small wrists (6.5) I’m partial to a larger wrist presence. Can’t do it.

Might do one for wife but she likes the Panerai 38m (3rd party movement bs) more… Main problem I have w those is water rating. Trash.

Ok tried on 36m Explorer and although i have small wrists (6.5) I’m partial to a larger wrist presence. Can’t do it.

Might do one for wife but she likes the Panerai 38m (3rd party movement bs) more… Main problem I have w those is water rating. Trash.

the new luminor quaranta in 40mm is close enough to the 38mm due and has the 100m wr, give it a try

the new luminor quaranta in 40mm is close enough to the 38mm due and has the 100m wr, give it a try

Welp, she just confirmed she wants the 37m Yacht-Master in slate. My AD told me they haven't seen one in a very long time. Going to go for it regardless. Only other thing I'm on the list for is a black dial Daytona.

Wore my Sub for about 5 months straight. Love it. Back to the SMP300 for the last couple weeks and also loving it.

Cool. I will say that it took awhile for me to get used to the 14270 when I first got it, because it was 36mm, then switched to the 114270. I'm fond of how subtle and versatile it is.

bold face liars! :lol:

now the MoonSwatch arent gon be sold online

This leads me to the next question to Hayek — why he didn’t and doesn’t offer the MoonSwatch online. “There’s no emotion in online buying. It’s a carefully produced Swiss Made watch and not a commodity. After the whole world had to stay at home for two years because of COVID, it was about time to celebrate and to bring the people back on the streets, meet together, and revive the brick-and-mortar stores.”

Back
Top Bottom