The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I have had the 499 for a little over a year and love it. I have a 7.5" wrist and I don't think it's too big but its all a matter of preference.

View media item 2097074

Nice! That's a big *** wrist tho, fam. I'm 6 5/8, maybe 7" on a good day.

Went to the Rolex/Tudor AD yesterday, a few takeaways.

- Black bays are ugly and lug to lug is just to darn long.
- the Black Bay Heritage 41 is a stunner, with a modified ETA. I refuse to do an eta movement at that price point
- Sub-c no date is still my immediate grail
- Explorer II's are gorgeous but wear like a 46mm on my wrist
- I told the AD I wouldn't mind lightly used, the sales manager said if they can't source one at a decent price, they could do a bnib 114060 for mid 6's but forsure under $6.9k out the door
- Daytonas are TINY what in the F?!? I was expecting some larger than life shhh but I nearly almost overlooked it completely in the case, sitting next to submariners and yatchmasters. I'm disappoonted to say the least.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for a watch under $1K that's good for everyday wear in the workplace? Don't really have any preferences except I don't want a leather band.

I really want a Rolex Oyster Perpetual or Daytona but they're frowned upon at the junior employee level at my firm. I figured anything under $1K should be nice and still appropriate.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for a watch under $1K that's good for everyday wear in the workplace? Don't really have any preferences except I don't want a leather band.

I really want a Rolex Oyster Perpetual or Daytona but they're frowned upon at the junior employee level at my firm. I figured anything under $1K should be nice and still appropriate.

You're going to need to be more specific than that. What size, movement, style are you looking for?

There's a big difference between something under $1k, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual (starting at $4k new), and the Daytona (starting at $14k new).

Last edited:
You're going to need to be more specific than that. What size, movement, style are you looking for?

There's a big difference between something under $1k, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual (starting at $4k new), and the Daytona (starting at $14k new).

Automatic, 39-41mm. Stainless steel, blue or black dial. I said $1K but anything under $2K I guess. To be honest, I don't know much about watches at all but I like the simple look of the Oyster Perpetual so something similar. The more conservative the better.

Last edited:
Used omega speedy is prob the way to go in that budget.

Agreed.

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 you can find a used Omega Speedmaster Reduced or Omega Speedmaster Date or Triple Date (all have automatic movement) for between $1.5k - $2k.

I own a Triple Date and it's great for daily wear.

The Omega Speedmaster Professional is the iconic Speedy, but it's going to cost you at least $2.5 - $3k used and it's manual wind movement.

Last edited:
Agreed.

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 you can find a used Omega Speedmaster Reduced or Omega Speedmaster Date or Triple Date (all have automatic movement) for between $1.5k - $2k.

I own a Triple Date and it's great for daily wear.

The Omega Speedmaster Professional is the iconic Speedy, but it's going to cost you at least $2.5 - $3k used and it's manual wind movement.

Thanks fellas :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom