The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Thanks for replies fellas. Checking the forums, it seems like these watches with papers AND warranty sell for ~$24k. The watch I was going to pick up was $23k but it was also a 2012 model. I think I’ll just hold out for a used 16/17 model with papers to hit the market and pounce. Resale isn’t a concern but getting the best deal/most watch for my money is. Annoying because if you follow this thread you’ll see me posting every other month about a watch I want (15400OR, WG DD40, etc.) but none really jumped out at me as a “buy” like the 18k Sub has. Funny thing being this is a watch I never in a million years would’ve considered, until I went to Hong Kong last week and tried on literally every sport model Rolex available today (including the new GMTs, none of which I liked in person). The second I tried on the Sub, I knew It was the one. Last time I went to HK, I went there hating the two-tone YG GMT, tried one on, loved it, bought one a week later. Was hoping to repeat the cycle.

You guys have any recommendations for a watch roll/case/holder used for traveling that holds like 3 or 4 watches for around $50 or less?

I have a wolf watch roll. Got it for like $20 on Black Friday I think. It’s meant for 2 watches but I can easily fit 3 in there

I'm itching for a nice watch and a pair of Bestetti bespoke loafers. F*CK.

I'd either go with a Panerai Luminor 1950 model or a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I like simplicity, a date function and being able to tell time really easily at a glance.

He did you a favour. That's probably the ugliest watch Rolex makes.

I like the Daytona but Rolex really needs to consider making a 42mm model (which would wear like a 40mm). I have relatively small wrists and the Daytona wears ridiculously small. If/when I get the call for the Daytona-C, I'm flipping it.

42251750-C7B7-43EF-B3F9-880811FE7CCE.jpeg

Got this two weeks ago and it’s stealing wrist time from my mechanical pieces. Never thought I’d like a digital watch so much.

been wanting the GMW-B 5000 D-1 but damn hypebeasts and resellers are at it and selling out with quickness

casio-g-shock-5000-series-full-metal-gmw-b5000d-1er-ablogtowatch-5

waiting for the blackout version to come out next month but it's gon' be like a yeezy release or something :smh:
2018-09-26_TP_01.jpg

Damn, I didn't know G Shocks still had that hype. I remember hack around 2008-09 when the colorful g-shocks and the collab series were hot. Had an LRG joint :lol:

Been looking for an everyday watch I can wear and wash with a quickness.

Constantly working with my hands and gloves don’t cover any watch I wear from blood/spit/debris. Was looking into a Casio but all the options overwhelmed me.

Any thoughts or ideas on the following? All seem similar and tbh I don’t know the differeces between them. Resin is fine with me as these will take beatings with washing etc.

Casio G-Shock G5600E-1 (tough solar)
Casio G-Shock DW-5600E-1VQ
Casio GWM5610-1

Or any other suggestions? Trying to stay under $100 and these range from $45-$95 I believe on amazon.

Damn, I didn't know G Shocks still had that hype. I remember hack around 2008-09 when the colorful g-shocks and the collab series were hot. Had an LRG joint :lol:
Casio squares are classics! They’re nice, simple, and got everything you could ask for in a watch, while also being affordable and durable.

gotcha, personally, i'd probably go with the DW-5600BB-1, i like the blacked out look

or the DW-5600HR-1, screen is also black but it has a hint of red

comparo of those two

My contribution to the recent G-Shock talk. DW-5600MS-1, Matte Black (including the buttons) military series with the negative dial. Mid 2000’s. Still works fine save for the backlight.There’s also a DW6900 in the series, which my brother purchased at the time.

C68A1F0F-2E1A-4B91-A90F-2E1340BD597B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom