The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Sold all my six digits. Found a perfect Swiss-t<25 example and never letting this one go.
think this is my fourth or fifth time coming back to a 5 digit 14060
still waiting on the AD to come through with my aquanaut

Attachments

• 6252DBBF-7E78-427D-B258-1E8EF737EC6B.jpeg
    6252DBBF-7E78-427D-B258-1E8EF737EC6B.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 130
What's everyone's general opinion on the AP CODE 11:59?

The AD is really pushing me to buy one. I have heard rumors that they are discontinuing the current RO Chrono in 2020 and moving to the CODE 11:59 chrono movement so it will finally be in-house and maybe even have a big redesign. Hopefully we finally get that exhibition caseback on the chronograph.

The AD is really pushing me to buy one. I have heard rumors that they are discontinuing the current RO Chrono in 2020 and moving to the CODE 11:59 chrono movement so it will finally be in-house and maybe even have a big redesign. Hopefully we finally get that exhibition caseback on the chronograph.

Hot garbage. They need to fix the dials ASAP. Except for that aventurine perpetual. :smokin

Trying to decide between a Cartier Santos or stainless steel Rolex Datejust for everyday wear. Both watches are very plain but I love the look of the Santos...the Datejust seems like the more conservative pick.

i feel like you cant go wrong with either one, the DJ is definitely more conservative and really will not go out of style

the santos, which i love and probably own one in the future if not before the end of this year, but its more conspicuous, not just in size but also with with its polished bezel and more unique style

if i were to choose for my one and only watch, datejust wins

buy what you like I don't like it too much, looking at pictures of it the lack of metal from the front isn't appreciated, it just looks like a bunch of glass. Watches like that should either be partially or completely skeletonized or have very high end rare material dials. maybe the aventurine & rose gold works but those are apparently priced higher? This part of the case that is sandwiched would benefit from having another material inserted:
audemars-piguet-code-11-59-sihh-2019-70.JPG

I'm thinking carbon fiber or w/e I'm thinking Hublot tends to put in this area of their watches. diamonds would work for certain ppl. honestly it looks like a so-called fashion watch or a woman's watch that is meant to be over sized. maybe if you buy it & hold you can flip it.

Trying to decide between a Cartier Santos or stainless steel Rolex Datejust for everyday wear. Both watches are very plain but I love the look of the Santos...the Datejust seems like the more conservative pick.
the Satnos w/ the easy to change links looks nice. Datejust & Salmon Stick dial looks great too:
s-l640.jpg

I’d choose the Santos every time over that one

to be fair that DJ will look much better in person, wasnt in love with the silver dial either until i saw it in the steel

but if it was that specific DJ in the pic that is considered or a brand new santos... id go with the santos then

^^^
the two-tone with everose are gorgeous but if i do get a DJ, its gon have to be new old stock as i think they do not have the hidden clasps on the newer ones anymore which sucks

do you guys think the newer Pearlmaster 39 will ever goto below 30 grand on the used market? I like it but it's very expensive & I would like to switch the dial anyways, I don't like the diamond numbers. a Miami jeweler has been posting a tridor on insta for just a little over 35k but like myself those are getting older. ( edit-price was wrong )

Last edited:
the Satnos w/ the easy to change links looks nice. Datejust & Salmon Stick dial looks great too:
s-l640.jpg
Hate the damn bezel

never saw it in person but gotta be fluted. I’m starting to love datejusts now

to be fair that DJ will look much better in person, wasnt in love with the silver dial either until i saw it in the steel

but if it was that specific DJ in the pic that is considered or a brand new santos... id go with the santos then

Yeah I’d be buying the Santos new vs. getting that DJ from a family member for significantly less than the Santos. Really leaning towards the Santos

I love a rhodium dj fluted bezel on jubilee.

Big fan as well.

I actually wanted to pick one up for my birthday.

Too bad I made the mistake of wearing my DD40 when I went to the AD.

At risk of sounding like a douche, it's *REALLY* hard to go from full precious metal back to stainless (especially jubilee which feels a fair bit lighter and flimsier than oyster).

Still a beautiful watch though.

2ee4e2fe633d4c7b2a3274fdf5a46715.jpg

(not my pic)

Y'all are crazy, I actually bought the jubilee smooth 41 rhodium last week (2018 used one). Got some inspiration from insta and currently in the process of doing a rainbow conversion. I know, flame suit.

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0949.jpeg
Wow! Where do you even get something like that done and is it expensive?

Back
Top Bottom