The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Great suggestion. I was actually looking at the Speedmaster Pro but my wrist is small so I was worried about it looking too damn big. :lol:

Ha. Check out the reduced version then. Its 39 mm in diameter and a fraction of the price (under $2k). I have both. The reduced is a very underrated model. Kind of interesting how they frankened the watch by taking a simple ETA movement and backpacking a chronograph movement.

Those are nice, but titanium as a metal makes 0 sense to me in watch application. I want a heavy watch, not something feather light.

When's the last time you snapped your Rolex in half? Steel and gold are perfectly fine in the strength category.

If Ti is less prone to scratches, then I can somewhat understand that especially when it comes to Royal Oaks because those things scratch just by looking at t

im just throwing things out there to try and justify it

its like buying a super car at that price, you aren't gon' need 1000hp but you want to feel like what you're paying is for extra something

its not exactly a precious metal but it also cost more than ss and theres always the heavier steel version for those that want that

this one is limited to like ~80 pieces

CNY Titanium Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar

1579272678801.png

1579272690998.png

1579272701522.png

1579272720021.png

1579272730185.png

88 pieces, and none for me.

Those are nice, but titanium as a metal makes 0 sense to me in watch application. I want a heavy watch, not something feather light.

I had a titanium citizen when I was 12 because I had a nickel allergy and would get rashes with steel watches. That has since gone away and thankfully I can wear as much SS as I want. But apparently nickel allergies are super common, I guess that’s another reason to grab Ti.

Last titanium watch I owned was a Vacheron overseas. I wholeheartedly agree with you about them being way too light on the wrist. I sold that watch and basically forgot about it until I read your post.

Ha. Check out the reduced version then. Its 39 mm in diameter and a fraction of the price (under $2k). I have both. The reduced is a very underrated model. Kind of interesting how they frankened the watch by taking a simple ETA movement and backpacking a chronograph movement.

I never knew that had a smaller version. I’ll read up on it. Thanks!

only difference with the 39mm is it doesnt have the crown guard :lol:

i feel like it doesnt make much of a difference in size to be honest because its like the tiniest crown guard, i dont even consider it as one but try them on in person if you got a chance

I'm going to go look at the TT bluesy Sub on Monday. I found a seller with a brand new old stock DJ 2 at $12k but at the same time I could get the Sub. The reason I'm leaning towards the DJ is that it's new

Here’s a side-by-side (39mm on the right). I forgot to mention the added benefit of the 39 mm is that it’s an automatic whereas the speedy pro needs to be manually wound every so often.

096075E0-5099-457C-8FBA-A1DA205F8E20.jpeg

Beauty. You just sold me on the 39mm. I’ve been looking online and I see there’s a ton of used ones from Japan for around $1,800-$2,400.

Beauty. You just sold me on the 39mm. I’ve been looking online and I see there’s a ton of used ones from Japan for around $1,800-$2,400.

Measure your wrist and make sure additional links or correct bracelet size is included prior to purchasing. Good Luck! Great watch - won't be your last Speedy.

I'm going to go look at the TT bluesy Sub on Monday. I found a seller with a brand new old stock DJ 2 at $12k but at the same time I could get the Sub. The reason I'm leaning towards the DJ is that it's new

For me, I love the fluted bezel so I dig the DJ more. What dial on the DJ? The non-diamond DJ retailed for $11,600.

nnot buyin it

they always say that i dint think anyone ever accurately guesses until rolex releases their own teaser then people got a shot in the moon on knowing whats next

:lol:

nnot buyin it

they always say that i dint think anyone ever accurately guesses until rolex releases their own teaser then people got a shot in the moon on knowing whats next

:lol:

I mean, it's not a photoshop so either it's a custom or we're looking at the real deal. It doesn't look Rolex quality to me so, custom is what my guess is.

I mean, it's not a photoshop so either it's a custom or we're looking at the real deal. It doesn't look Rolex quality to me so, custom is what my guess is.

There as far as I know never been a leak this far ahead of Basel and a physical copy caught on film. A picture would have made it slightly more believable for myself but to have actually snuck a watch out of rolex I call bs. I would say this is a decent custom job.

If you look at the watch it still has the hulk white gold lume surrounds. If this were authentic I believe they would have gone for yellow gold like on the regular gold submariner. I imagine hulk and the gold sub parts are interchangeable if you had both watches and I'm sure you could actually buy a custom rolex bezel for the amount of mods out there.

Last edited:
There as far as I know never been a leak this far ahead of Basel and a physical copy caught on film. A picture would have made it slightly more believable for myself but to have actually snuck a watch out of rolex I call bs. I would say this is a decent custom job.

If you look at the watch it still have the hulk white gold lume surrounds. If this were authentic I believe they would have gone for yellow gold. Like on the regular gold submariner. I imagine hulk and the gold sub parts are interchangeable if you had both watches and I'm sure you could actually buy a custom rolex bezel for the amount of mods out there.

yeah, great catch. I also agree about Rolex never letting a watch leave their possession. 1000% impossible.

Back
Top Bottom