The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I was at my ad trying in santos a month ago and the one I tried on they “just got in” and it had both straps. Fwiw

Is it possible to get a santos lower than list price at a cartier boutique?

you will never get a discount at a carrier boutique. Hard stop.

you’ll be hard pressed at an AD too but you might get a point or two. It’s simply how the brand rolls - no value dilution. They’ll say it’s bad for brand image.

from what ive seen, ADs still discounting Cartier despite Cartiers stance against it but theres not much they can do when the watches aren't moving especially during this pandemic

they may not be as big as it was before but you can probably get at least the tax off

i always try to judge the market (to an extent) to what the grey market is selling them for, like jomashop for example gives 5% off ont he watch and if you buy from outside NY, i believe you do not get charge with tax so that could be an up to 15% discount depending on your location and with that in mind, i would usually approach AD to sell at a similar price or to beat it to get my business

this of course do not apply to brands/models that sells above retail outside of ADs as i dont expect an AD to sell me anything above retail, they might make you buy several other watches first before they sell you that coveted watch but they better not sell it for more than retail

i like lewis hamilton but this dude needs better advisors

this dude really sued the watchbrand hamilton for using his last name even though they existed close to a century before he was born :lol:

but when this was presented to him, did he really think he can own the name “hamilton” and no else can use it?

"The argument relating to the IP rights of the racing driver ‘Lewis Hamilton’ fails," read the EUIPO's verdict. "The contested mark consists solely of one word ‘HAMILTON’, and not ‘LEWIS HAMILTON’. It is a rather common surname in English-speaking countries."There is no ‘natural right’ for a person to have his or her own name registered as a trademark, when that would infringe third parties’ rights."

"Even the cancellation applicant explicitly accepted that the contested mark ‘HAMILTON’ had been used since 1892, i.e. even before the date of birth of ‘Lewis Hamilton’ as a natural person. No bad faith can be found on the part of the EU trademark proprietor. In fact, the EU trademark proprietor demonstrated a significant economic activity in the horological field since 1892,"
the website F1i quotes the judgment of the Court.

ED42714F-5A11-4C7F-BDB2-44EAB609E121.jpeg

I’m thinking of picking up the blue dial large santos. No AD around me has so I can’t even go instore to check. I would prefer to get it used but there’s no used on the market, probably because this blue dial is relatively new. Seems like the best price I can get is retail no tax.

Not sure how value will retain on this tho.

What do you guys think?

I would just go ahead and buy it. Could you save a little if you find one used? Probably, but you know retail is going to continue to increase the long we you wait. Next thing you know, you’re paying more.

ED42714F-5A11-4C7F-BDB2-44EAB609E121.jpeg

I’m thinking of picking up the blue dial large santos. No AD around me has so I can’t even go instore to check. I would prefer to get it used but there’s no used on the market, probably because this blue dial is relatively new. Seems like the best price I can get is retail no tax.

Not sure how value will retain on this tho.

What do you guys think?

Value retention is never going to be great on a modern santos.If you love it. Get it.
If you’re worried about value, get a Rolex.

a stainless steel Cartier watch is likely a great example of instant off the lot depreciation but if you have the means treat yourself, it's a classic design. I don't care for the bracelet on those, the threads on the "screws" being all over the place confuses me but the case is greatness, in a smaller size I would say it's a versatile watch that is good for either formal or casual wear but IDK how that larger case would look/wear.

So I'm looking for a new daily watch and so far I'm really leaning towards this Tag Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T. It's easily the most comfortable piece I have ever tried on and could easily see wearing this all day. I also want something that's different with not a lot of hype. Anyone have any experience with this model?

s-l1600.jpg

So I'm looking for a new daily watch and so far I'm really leaning towards this Tag Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T. It's easily the most comfortable piece I have ever tried on and could easily see wearing this all day. I also want something that's different with not a lot of hype. Anyone have any experience with this model?

s-l1600.jpg

I have Calibre 01 and it’s a fun piece. It’s on the heavier side though. 02T is tourbillon, I believe not Calibre 02 which is what you have pictured above. This is my Calibre 01.

5CB6BD3C-6FFA-4F38-88D1-A595B3D4D462.jpeg

I have Calibre 01 and it’s a fun piece. It’s on the heavier side though. 02T is tourbillon, I believe not Calibre 02 which is what you have pictured above. This is my Calibre 01.

5CB6BD3C-6FFA-4F38-88D1-A595B3D4D462.jpeg

Sorry I posted the Tag Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T when I should of left off the T. Definitely not looking to rock a tourbillon daily. I specifically would go with the rubber strap as I already have a few steel and I think it definitely does make it heavier and a little more uncomfortable. Have you done any maintenance or sent in for service yet?

Sorry I posted the Tag Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T when I should of left off the T. Definitely not looking to rock a tourbillon daily. I specifically would go with the rubber strap as I already have a few steel and I think it definitely does make it heavier and a little more uncomfortable. Have you done any maintenance or sent in for service yet?

i have not - bought it earlier this year new for a great price as it’s an older model. Was saving it to wear more during winter due to its weight. The case is massive and will draw attention for sure, but it’s fun to look at.

Back
Top Bottom