The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Visiting LA and NY. Is it safe to wear nice watches now?
Staying in soho in Nyc and probably west hollywood in LA

Yes and yes - wore a Daytona and Cellini in NYC last weekend. From the village to MSG to BK

WeHo is always fine

Won’t happen

im
Probably wrong tho
My monthly watch chime in…
I’ll take the bet they will if given the option. Don’t forget Rolex contracts are what guide what an AD can/can’t do.
instead of a watch brand increasing prices and trying to stay ahead or the market and inflation, they let an AD sell for an increased price. Kind of what has happened with cars since COVID.
a sub is ~$8,500. If the AD can sell it for $12k, you get rid of greys since you’re getting the boutique experience. If the overall market cools, guess what? MSRP is now $8,500 and no value is lost.
you rather pay more and get it knowing it’s provenance and a free coors light or let DavidSW buy another lambo LOL jk

With all that’s going on in LA and the purge style robberies, all my watches getting sold/put in the safe and rocking a 114270 and G shock😂😂😂😂

ya’ll stay safe out there

Honestly, just be aware of your surroundings. And just put insurance on watches that are really high value or any type of value to you. Also, this is the worst time to be visiting LA.

it depends where in LA. In weho they target clubs and high end restaurants. It’s tough to say. Chances are slim, but there’s still a chance. I work in jewelry district and two of my friends were followed home after hours and robbed. One got beat up and lost a rose 5990 and a Bubba Watson.

i can only speak in LA and its hitting low 50s so layer up and keep em under your cuffs and be very aware of your surroundings, treat it like jewelry and dont use it to tell time, i know, ironic

Damn LA really seems cooked but ill probably just leave if in the hotel safe at night

yah i dont want to say its overblown because all these robberies are terrible but its not like every dude that has a rolex gets robbed

if you had a richard mille or patek to parade around then yeah you might be a targeted more than others but for the most part its still safe, i wouldnt be too discouraged and they are trying to ramp up security in most places

just always be smart with how you go about with things and places

if i were a NY native, id consider these JLC from MrPorters 10th anniv collection

1639516686696.png

1639516708807.png

i wish they have an LA or CA one but im not sure what they’d engrave in there

disneyland? it wouldnt be accurate since its anaheim but id be all over it :lol:

crypto.com arena? :rofl:

LA colliseum but its not instantly recognizable, i guess the Hollywood sign is the only one that would make sense

been wanting one but if its a reverso, its got be a duoface for me but unfortunately they’re all too big for me

i can live with the duetto too, the womens version but all of them has diamonds in them

its annoying, its like the piaget polo that they made in 36mm but they just cant help themselves and had to put diamonds onthe index, its like women wont buy em if they dont bling

1639529679152.jpeg

the regular polo s is just too big and it in 36m would have been perfect

1639529724049.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom