The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

rolex price increase for 2022

534ED58E-C3BA-437B-8EE8-38709C6740E6.jpeg

i thought you were being sarcastic :lol:

but i think its been documented well with how they present themselves

~27% interest on a million dollar loan… :rofl:

Nah man I’m not - I don’t follow those jabronis like that lol

Banks can’t give away money fast enough right now lmao

Personally, I dislike them very much lol.

I am also hearing that most of those watches in that bundle didn’t even belong to them. Many of them were extended on loan from other jewelers.

sup NT.
I'm pretty new to watches. Been wearing a Seiko SNK809 as my daily for the past year.
20211224_124625-01.jpeg

I wanted something a little more 'dressy' and decided to order an Orient Open Heart Bambino. I was thinking about throwing a more casual strap on it and perhaps rotating it with the Seiko as a daily. I've read the 21 mm lug size can be annoying to shop for.

Any suggestions for straps?

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas fellas!

sup NT.
I'm pretty new to watches. Been wearing a Seiko SNK809 as my daily for the past year.
20211224_124625-01.jpeg

I wanted something a little more 'dressy' and decided to order an Orient Open Heart Bambino. I was thinking about throwing a more casual strap on it and perhaps rotating it with the Seiko as a daily. I've read the 21 mm lug size can be annoying to shop for.

Any suggestions for straps?

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas fellas!
Those in between lug sizes can be annoying
https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/shop-by-size-1/21-mm

Nah man I’m not - I don’t follow those jabronis like that lol

Banks can’t give away money fast enough right now lmao

Personally, I dislike them very much lol.

I am also hearing that most of those watches in that bundle didn’t even belong to them. Many of them were extended on loan from other jewelers.

i dont watch them either but what i do find funny with the current shenanigans is that news outlets in LA are quick to report when one dude gets his roles stolen yet this million dollar heist has not been picked up by a single legitimate news outlet?

just too weird

Finally gonna bite the bullet and get an AP again. Can’t decide between a 15400 or a 15500 though. Going black dial and a black rubber band conversion though for day to day wear.

nice choice

you going grey though or you got connects?

seems like im no closer to a 15450 from half a decade ago

15500 dial is so unbalanced without the "AUTOMATIC" text on the bottom half of the dial.

Being honest though, and I say this as someone who's owned a 15400 and 15300OR... non-chrono ROs are pretty damn boring.

Personally, I'd rather save 30 racks and rock a Submariner or spring for a VC 4500V. But based on how popular AP is, I'm clearly in the minority.

Finally gonna bite the bullet and get an AP again. Can’t decide between a 15400 or a 15500 though. Going black dial and a black rubber band conversion though for day to day wear.

if you’re gonna wear it on rubber, save yourself 25k and get a 42mm offshore. Way higher chance of finding one at retail or close to it (White Navy or Safari are my personal favorites but a little old by todays standards)

my friend picked up a 15500ST on chrono for 50k a few months ago. Thought he got a steal of a deal, then FedEx held the package until he ponied up like 8 grand in customs fees. Be careful If you go that route.

very nice!

what brand is it and how do you like it? im considering vanguard because theyre having a 25% sale right now, thinking of getting a blue one and a grey one to match both bb58s

very nice!

what brand is it and how do you like it? im considering vanguard because theyre having a 25% sale right now, thinking of getting a blue one and a grey one to match both bb58s
It’s from zealande. I couldn’t get the holes to line up, so I shaved down the area near the case about 1mm and it fits like a charm now. Quality is good, I just don’t know if it was my specific strap that didn’t fit or it’s like that across all of them.

nice choice

you going grey though or you got connects?

seems like im no closer to a 15450 from half a decade ago

Going gray unfortunately. No way I’ll ever be able to get one at retail. I’ve just accepted it at this point. I’ve gone back and forth about getting one for years now. Looking at some of the prices from a year or two ago just hurts.

if you’re gonna wear it on rubber, save yourself 25k and get a 42mm offshore. Way higher chance of finding one at retail or close to it (White Navy or Safari are my personal favorites but a little old by todays standards)

my friend picked up a 15500ST on chrono for 50k a few months ago. Thought he got a steal of a deal, then FedEx held the package until he ponied up like 8 grand in customs fees. Be careful If you go that route.

I’ve thought about getting an offshore, but don’t really love any of the dials tbh.

15500 dial is so unbalanced without the "AUTOMATIC" text on the bottom half of the dial.

Being honest though, and I say this as someone who's owned a 15400 and 15300OR... non-chrono ROs are pretty damn boring.

Personally, I'd rather save 30 racks and rock a Submariner or spring for a VC 4500V. But based on how popular AP is, I'm clearly in the minority.

Yeah that’s one of the reasons I’m leaning toward the 15400. I actually prefer the non chronos though for whatever reason.

I’ve got a deal lined up on a gently used 15400 for $41k. Making him fly out to me, but he won’t be able to come until January 14th. I’m just scared I’m going to talk myself out of it again by then.

Back
Top Bottom