The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Great episode! I like the Tudor that he gave out for the tour. I recently parted ways with my Harrods Tudor, since I have another one on the way. A company that I worked for has a watch club and we submitted an order.

I think you need at least 40 watches ordered. We should do an NT watch.

Last edited:
tried on the exp2 today and i wish it was back to the 40mm size, its so nice and i just like how rolex executes their white dial but unfortunately the white dial makes the watch looks bigger too

IMG_8077.jpeg

the watch that really surprised me though it the fxd, its huge and shouldnt work especially with the nato style but when i tried it on, it kind of just works and the titanium just makes it so light and it helps with how it wears

then again maybe im just trying to convince to fooling myself? i had to excuse myself though told my SA im gon‘ wait to check out the black one so i didnt have to walk out with it

i think this is also a good example of how one watch looks and how its not always about specs, both are 42mm but the fxd is technically bigger at 52mm lug2lug plus the nato strap style adds more mm but to me, it looks and wears smaller, thicker bezel probably helps the tudor in that regard as well

IMG_8080.jpeg

then there is this behemoth, just ridiculous on wrist
IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg
Why don't you go for a explorer ii 16570? It's not really that old (only two generations back), has the older case shape most people seem to love and with 31xx movement more reliable.

Great episode! I like the Tudor that he gave out for the tour. I recently parted ways with my Harrods Tudor, since I have another one on the way. A company that I worked for has a watch club and we submitted an order.

I think you need at least 40 watches ordered. We should do an NT watch.

I’d actually want in on that

Saw/felt the titanium yacht master in person

was shocked how light it is.. especially since I was wearing my batgirl and was able to compare the two

Anyone have experience with IWC?

Contemplating a Pilot’s 36mm. I envision wearing it like I would an OP36, and I don’t mind the leather band instead of the bracelet. I don’t know as much about them, though, so even for an entry-level I’m curious if it’d be worth it.

Nope, but I am curious to hear the responses

Really wanna check that timezoner when I have a chance

longines flagship moonphase

been wanting the jlc moonphase but theyre pricing has gotten out of control, this might have to do

$3k
38.5mm - 12.4mm thick

1689195168714.png

vs
1689195273335.png

This is the other watch I’m considering atm. Had a chance to try it on the other day (in the cream and gold) and I liked it a lot. The 12.4mm thickness doesn’t bother me much as I wear others of that size or large just fine into the office.

Thinking about the blue, but weighing against a couple of other options atm (like the IWC Pilot 36).

they really need to release the IWC pilot36 with no date

but yeah that moonphase looks great, i just think they couldve shaved a few mm from the rehaut but still a great deal considering you can probably get a decent discount on it

I have a a mark xvi that I wore pretty regularly for a long time. IWC makes great watches and I always think about picking up another but other things get in the way. Mark XX with the blue dial and big pilot 43 have been contenders for a while and I’ve always loved the portugieser chrono.

IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_6549.jpeg

they really need to release the IWC pilot36 with no date

but yeah that moonphase looks great, i just think they couldve shaved a few mm from the rehaut but still a great deal considering you can probably get a decent discount on it

I’ve been contacting various dealers to try and see the blue dial in person, but sounds like it hasn’t shipped anywhere yet. One mentioned mid-November. I don’t have a rapport with any of them so idk that I’ll be able to get much of a discount. Cheapest I’ve seen grey is ~$2600 before tax, but also not actually in stock yet.

I’m impatient atm (which is always bad financially, lol) as I’m looking to get a piece to celebrate a big occasion (passing the bar). Getting close to just ordering from Longines themselves and possibly returning if I find a better deal, with warranty.

i have the spitfire and i chose is because i loved the raised indices on em

iwc make great watches but they need to step back from the giant watches like its still the big pilot era

if they make those portugisers in 36mm-38mm, it would be an amazing watch

i mean imagine this salmon dial if it was smaller and thinner

I’ve been contacting various dealers to try and see the blue dial in person, but sounds like it hasn’t shipped anywhere yet. One mentioned mid-November. I don’t have a rapport with any of them so idk that I’ll be able to get much of a discount. Cheapest I’ve seen grey is ~$2600 before tax, but also not actually in stock yet.

I’m impatient atm (which is always bad financially, lol) as I’m looking to get a piece to celebrate a big occasion (passing the bar). Getting close to just ordering from Longines themselves and possibly returning if I find a better deal, with warranty.

definitely gotta get past the fomo on watches that go on a discount

i waited a year or so to get the speedy when the new ones came out because the store wouldnt discount em

i know you want to commemorate something so it is difficult but keep looking and even tell your situation to an AD, maybe they can even match the grey market? worth a shot

and congrats on the accomplishment!

Welcome to hell, brother 🤝

Feel like omega needs to adjust their price points

they have couple models I’ve seriously looked at

but we discussed the swatch collab and I assume more of that is coming.. and even without that feel like their watches are a grand or couple too high and I think we all know you can get a decent discount

but everytime I hit that “reveal price” on the website im just like I’d rather save that and put it towards something else

a lot of conversation where omega is heading and I really think theyre going to regret going up market

tudor has taken the $5k or less mid luxury market and then rolex has the next tier up on lock

i dont think there are many (if any) decent omegas for less than $5k anymore and if they try and prevent all discounts, their sales are just going to keep dropping

and at what cost? of selling the plastic versions of the watch people really want?

some said the moonswatch was a good gateway for kids to the watch world and theyd be hook on omega but aint no damn kid walking in the store and buy that $250 watch, it grown *ss adults and resellers :lol:

and no matter what BS Omegas marketing team comes up with, they do like that kind of attention

Feel like omega needs to adjust their price points

they have couple models I’ve seriously looked at

but we discussed the swatch collab and I assume more of that is coming.. and even without that feel like their watches are a grand or couple too high and I think we all know you can get a decent discount

but everytime I hit that “reveal price” on the website im just like I’d rather save that and put it towards something else
Amen, most won’t agree with me

Was really close to buying a speedy before prices went up even more

Just not worth it. I love Rolex and that’s mainly all I wanna own but doesn’t feel right now looking at 8k for a speedy when I can send 2-3k more and get a GMT or something else from Rolex

Maybe I got into watches really late but 4k for a speedy I’d buy instantly

both you guys are exactly right

i see that 8-9 and I start thinking about other options

cause I was looking at a speedy or a black/black 300m.. but I’d rather just spend that elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom