The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What does that mean for pinto?

Also .. you'd have to imagine Toure is posturing to leave.. only thing odd is how neither brother left the WC for his funeral. Couldnt yaya have reported late for international duty to spend some time with him? I'm sure this death is having a huge effect on him, and i feel sorry for his loss but i hope hes not using this to get something out of it

SIGNING: Zinedine Zidane new coach of Real Madrid Castilla (Real Madrid CF)

View media item 1044858

only next logical step for Zizou :smokin

Last edited:

Also .. you'd have to imagine Toure is posturing to leave.. only thing odd is how neither brother left the WC for his funeral. Couldnt yaya have reported late for international duty to spend some time with him? I'm sure this death is having a huge effect on him, and i feel sorry for his loss but i hope hes not using this to get something out of it

I'm inclined to agree with you here. First the birthday issue, now this, YAYA has been pretty vocal as of late, and that would generally signal one thing.

I'm wondering where does he go. He's 31 now. On, I'm sure, a MASSIVE wage package. Maybe Monaco would have a gander at him...

Last edited:
I'm inclined to agree with you here. First the birthday issue, now this, YAYA has been pretty vocal as of late, and that would generally signal one thing.

I'm wondering where does he go. He's 31 now. On, I'm sure, a MASSIVE wage package. Maybe Monaco would have a gander at him...
ppl saying PSG... UNITED need to have a word with him.. but I'm sure hes done with England

Last edited:

ppl saying PSG... UNITED need to have a word with him.. but I'm sure hes done with England

City would sell him to United for a small countries GDP. His wages would be insane. And he's 31, as I've said before.

I could see how PSG would come along with their endless budget and make that deal happen.

This one pink one blue boot thing that Puma is doing bothers me, I know its trivial but I can't stand it.
laugh.gif
 Me too.

Italy+v+Uruguay+Group+D+LOxnZqh85dyx.jpg

This one pink one blue boot thing that Puma is doing bothers me, I know its trivial but I can't stand it.

It's made specifically for players like Balotelli who struggle getting their kit on...

It makes it easier for him to know which boot goes on which foot.

Last edited:

Pinto's contract was up & Barca didn't want to resign him. Bravo is a solid goalie & could be the #1 (& do well) if ter Stegen struggles or goes down with injury.

Barca is rock solid at goalie now... Wish we'd sign a centre back or 2.

These Uruguayans... Their media & the Uruguayan teammates are defending Suarez... the Uruguayan media are stating the English press has an agenda vs Suarez... :x :smh: What in the sam hell?!?

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano's quote defending Suarez & questioning Chiellini's character -

The worst of all was the attitude of Chiellini. He is a great player, has had a great career, and it is not normal in Italian football for a player to leave the pitch crying and accusing an opponent. He completely disappointed me as a man. I admired him.

Is it Bizarro world in Uruguay where everything is opposite?

Last edited:
Can it be justified that Luis Suarez should not only be banned for 2 games like the "maximum mandate" states, but banned for life from the World Cup? I understand he is a star player and it's important for soccer to have it's stars on display, but when something like this happens it hurts the image or a sport that is struggling to cross over into new markets.

This isn't a first incident, that's why I feel a lifetime ban is feasible. Three times, that's absurd.

How can you say these are accidents or "competitive spirit" kicking in. And then what's worse is Suarez tries to defend his actions by saying oh it's just the heat of the battle and a lot of things happen on the pitch. Give me a break. There may be something mentally wrong with the guy.

We vilified Mike Tyson for his actions with Holyfield and that was a one-time thing. Suarez has done it now 3 times, and now on the biggest stage of all. 2 games isn't enough, get rid of this psycho for life and send a real message.

Soccer is suppose to be the beautiful game, preserve it by condemning this type of behavior.

Last edited:
I don't know about for life, but he needs to be suspended and heavily fined. If someone cheap shots you and you think it was ignored or unseen by the officials punch smack em or push em, but to bite them ? :smh:

Last edited:
Can it be justified that Luis Suarez should not only be banned for 2 games like the "maximum mandate" states, but banned for life? I understand he is a star player and it's important for soccer to have it's stars on display, but when something like this happens it hurts the image or a sport that is struggling to cross over into new markets.

This isn't a first incident, that's why I feel a lifetime ban is feasible. Three times, that's absurd.

How can you say these are accidents or "competitive spirit" kicking in. And then what's worse is Suarez tries to defend his actions by saying oh it's just the heat of the battle and a lot of things happen on the pitch. Give me a break. There may be something mentally wrong with the guy.

We vilified Mike Tyson for his actions with Holyfield and that was a one-time thing. Suarez has done it now 3 times, and now on the biggest stage of all. 2 games isn't enough, get rid of this psycho for life and send a real message.

Soccer is suppose to be the beautiful game, preserve it by condemning this type of behavior.

I wouldn't say that soccer is struggling to cross over into new markets but that's not really the main issue here.

A lifetime ban is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. It's tough to really gauge the lenght of the suspension due to the oddity of the crime. I understand that it's the third time, but not one of the players was seriously injured (at least not physically). I'm in no way a Suarez or Liverpool supporter, but I do think a lifetime ban seems far too extreme.

I do think that Suarez should face an extremely long ban though. One that could jeopardize his prime playing years. I think that's the only way to truely impact his career and hopefully get it into his head that biting people should have been left back in the pre-school classroom.

If it was up to me- I'd ban him for the rest of the WC, and then begin a 24 month suspension (I read earlier this morning that 24 months is the max) at the start of the Premier League season (if he's still with Liverpool).

Can it be justified that Luis Suarez should not only be banned for 2 games like the "maximum mandate" states, but banned for life? I understand he is a star player and it's important for soccer to have it's stars on display, but when something like this happens it hurts the image or a sport that is struggling to cross over into new markets.

I wouldn't say that soccer is struggling to cross over into new markets but that's not really the main issue here.

A lifetime ban is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. It's tough to really gauge the lenght of the suspension due to the oddity of the crime. I understand that it's the third time, but not one of the players was seriously injured (at least not physically). I'm in no way a Suarez or Liverpool supporter, but I do think a lifetime ban seems far too extreme.

I do think that Suarez should face an extremely long ban though. One that could jeopardize his prime playing years. I think that's the only way to truely impact his career and hopefully get it into his head that biting people should have been left back in the pre-school classroom.

If it was up to me- I'd ban him for the rest of the WC, and then begin a 24 month suspension (I read earlier this morning that 24 months is the max) at the start of the Premier League season (if he's still with Liverpool).

That's not enough cause Colombia will beat Uruguay in their next game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom