The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Said this before the tournament, if Ronaldo was hurt he should play the number 9 role and play more of a central attacking role. Bento is an idiot.

A) Wingers are never as affective in International cup play because of the defensive style of most teams. You see that with Neymar, Filipao is not using him on the wing, he's playing behind the striker.

B) He's hurt, too much running and stopping for Ronaldo to do damage on the wing. You saw the opprotunities he had when he was in that no9 position in the final 20 mins?

C) We have NO GOD DAMN striker but we have plenty wingers. No striker was even close to scoring for Portugal in literally about 2 years.

We F***** up. Congrats on the US advancing tho. I'll be rooting for them now.

Last edited:
Oh yeah forgot to say this in my last post but **** Nani. The hell was he doing pulling up from deep so many times and looking off cr7 sometimes as well and holding on the ball for too long

Congrats on the US advancing tho. I'll be rooting for them now.
hopefully this isn't shortlived! 
happy.gif

ohwell.gif

Maybe ronaldo should've "saved" himself as soon as the tendinitis flared up during la liga and throughout the champions league. Sucks that portugal and USA were in the same group. Otherwise, I would be enjoying this World Cup a whole lot more.

USA
USA
USA

Going to be wearing my Claudio Reyna jersey for the next week.

Maybe ronaldo should've "saved" himself as soon as the tendinitis flared up during la liga and throughout the champions league. Sucks that portugal and USA were in the same group. Otherwise, I would be enjoying this World Cup a whole lot more.

USA
USA
USA

Going to be wearing my Claudio Reyna jersey for the next week.
I think he knew portugal wasn't good enough to win the WC and RM was good enough to win the CL....i think he made the right decision 

:lol: All the portchops taking the arsenal road highlighting moral victories and rationalizing a poor tourney.

Whose talking about moral victories? :rolleyes

Horrible tourney, horribliy managed, whose saying otherwise?

How about the guy who quoted your exact post right below you.

yup a healthy CR7 would have buried all of those chances.

Telling yourself a healthy Ronaldo would have seen hit his marks and pushed Portugal through to the next round is flat out assumptive. (ie. If Rambo wasn't injured for most of the season, the Gunners would have really pushed for the title). Empty statement.

Back
Top Bottom