The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

BPL Fantasy League codes: 210521-57568 and 210521-57621
I couldn't reactivate the old leagues, I really don't remember if the reactivate later around August. If they do, I'll just have to figure something out

GAT DAMN.... Alexis is 10.5...

and RVP is still hovering around 12.5, Sturridge 11.5...

Rooney still 10.5 after that poor season :smh:

Costa is 10.5, Fabregado at 9 (could be a gamble cause of rotation)

Cortois at 6....Ivanovic at 7 :x

Coleman at 7 :x

Going to be an interesting season....

I got Alexis and Ramsey who is 9. I remember him being so affordable.
I thought about getting Rooney, I was trying to figure out why he had so many points and such a high price....like you said, he had a poor season.
I'm wondering who Swansea will make their number 1 keeper, Vorm or Fabs. I know Fabs didn't move to another club just so that he could be a number 2

Where are people getting these Isco and/or Reus to Liverpool moves from?

After Özil being sold last year, nothing surprises me anymore but some of these rumors are so comical you have to be an idiot to believe just because you hear/see someone tweet it.

Just because one player comes into the team, that doesn't mean another player has to go.

It's a long season, with different leagues/competitions.

I understand some payers HAVE to start, but having good depth on the squad is also needed, especially when players go down/have lack of fitness throughout the season.

Last edited:
I like to use tennis as an analogy for that. Messi is like Federer, a true and natural player. He plays with effortless grace and composure. Ronaldo is like Nadal/ Djokovic. Hes an immense athlete who has had to work very hard to get wear he is. Hed probably excel in many other sports. Theyre both fantastic. Just different.
laugh.gif
 Like Federer/Messi didn't have to "work very hard" to get to where they are today

You know what I mean. Their sports are in their blood. Its natural to them. Ronaldo is a ripped god while Messi is short and weak. Yet they both shred defenses easily.

No, I don't know what you mean. "Sports are in their blood" is one of the most played out, flat-out untrue phrases ever. So I guess Messi just came out of the womb scoring goals, huh? And I guess if his father hadn't put him through a strict football regimen starting at age 3 or whatever, he'd be just as good, huh? Just because Messi/Federer's games look effortless to you and ESPN reporters don't have stories about 4AM gym sessions with them like they do with Kobe/Ronaldo doesn't mean they worked at it any less. 

Last edited:
Again I never said they dont work hard. Im not going to get in another argument on here. Agree to disgree.

I couldn't reactivate the old leagues, I really don't remember if the reactivate later around August. If they do, I'll just have to figure something out

I thought about getting Rooney, I was trying to figure out why he had so many points and such a high price....like you said, he had a poor season.
I'm wondering who Swansea will make their number 1 keeper, Vorm or Fabs. I know Fabs didn't move to another club just so that he could be a number 2

I think Rambo was like 5 or 6 last season :lol:

I know a few dudes in one of my groups was eatin good off Rambo.

I think Vorm will still be #1.

Arsenal will be an interesting one...cause in previous seasons, I would always take Walcott. Last season I took Özil until he dropped form, then picked up Rambo. I think I'll take Alexis and switch to Walcott when he's fit.

I actually do get what dude up there is saying. Some have natural talent which allows them to shine...others have to add to their game bit by bit to reach that point. The problem is it's hard to spot the difference...it's like two students who both get A's. One gets them because he just absorbs info without having to put forth much effort, two or three days of studying and he grasps everything...the other student spends weeks covering the material because repetition is what works for them. Same result, different ways.

I think Rambo was like 5 or 6 last season :lol:

I know a few dudes in one of my groups was eatin good off Rambo.

I think Vorm will still be #1.

Arsenal will be an interesting one...cause in previous seasons, I would always take Walcott. Last season I took Özil until he dropped form, then picked up Rambo. I think I'll take Alexis and switch to Walcott when he's fit.

5 or 6 sounds about right :lol: I had him from the beginning last season, really held the squad.
I had Ozil for a bit as well, I hope he doesn't have any form issues this season. I don't think Walcott will be back before Oct. but it will be interesting to see what Wenger does. He has hinted that Sanchez might play at top in some games. Aside from the price, picking up both players while they are in good form just sounds :pimp:

My squad is okay for now, I'll change some players...Suarez to Barca really screwed things up :smh:

BVB announce partnership with football clubs in the US

S/W
imageimage02/07/2014
Borussia Dortmund have entered into a partnership with US sides Cincinnati United (from Ohio) and La Roca (Utah). The cooperation is facilitated by PUMA, the official apparel and equipment supplier of the clubs.

This partnership is part of PUMA’s Total Club Concept (TCC) program, which seeks to join top PUMA teams in the United States with world-famous football clubs. The cooperation will include regular correspondence via newsletters to Cincinnati United & La Roca players and parents, training philosophies and drills for their coaches, annual training camps with BVB coaching staff as well as other activities and programmes.

To kick off the programme, a BVB delegation went on a US Tour and was able to visit both Cincinnati United & La Roca at their home facilities. BVB soccer school coaches Markus Pasdzior and Christian Diercks hosted training sessions at each club with their youth players and coaches. Players and their families had the opportunity to listen-in and get a behind-the-scenes understanding of the BVB training curriculum and club philosophy.

I was doing some last minute wedding shopping today at North Park in Dallas and came across the Aston Villa squad outside the Nike Dallas store.
Being a long time Arsenal supporter, I immediately picked out Villa's new signing -Philippe Senderos. Got to meet him and get a photo with him. Let him know I was a fan since Wenger signed him almost a decade ago.
Extremely nice And extremely shy dude. Thought I'd share knowing there's a good population of Gooners in here.

BVB announce partnership with football clubs in the US

S/W
imageimage02/07/2014
Borussia Dortmund have entered into a partnership with US sides Cincinnati United (from Ohio) and La Roca (Utah). The cooperation is facilitated by PUMA, the official apparel and equipment supplier of the clubs.

This partnership is part of PUMA’s Total Club Concept (TCC) program, which seeks to join top PUMA teams in the United States with world-famous football clubs. The cooperation will include regular correspondence via newsletters to Cincinnati United & La Roca players and parents, training philosophies and drills for their coaches, annual training camps with BVB coaching staff as well as other activities and programmes.

To kick off the programme, a BVB delegation went on a US Tour and was able to visit both Cincinnati United & La Roca at their home facilities. BVB soccer school coaches Markus Pasdzior and Christian Diercks hosted training sessions at each club with their youth players and coaches. Players and their families had the opportunity to listen-in and get a behind-the-scenes understanding of the BVB training curriculum and club philosophy.

BVB :pimp:

im a barca fan and i don't understand how you could say christiano is not natural. i don't get it...they both are natural.  

This Cristiano vs Messi continued debate is crazy, both are excellent players and very different. I do have to say being Portuguese I am biased but Ronaldo has done it in two top leagues while Messi has only done it at Barcelona. We are lucky to have two greats playing at such a high level at the moment. In other news I got a straight red card Thursday night in the 11 on 11 league I play in. It was a one on one goal scoring opportunity and I absolutely crushed this kid, a teammate of mine who happens to be Brazilian told
Me I pulled a Pepe. We still won though so it worked out except I'm out this week bc of the red

You guys here about Mohamed Salah? He could be forced into military service by the Egyptian government for 12-36 months

I was doing some last minute wedding shopping today at North Park in Dallas and came across the Aston Villa squad outside the Nike Dallas store.
Being a long time Arsenal supporter, I immediately picked out Villa's new signing -Philippe Senderos. Got to meet him and get a photo with him. Let him know I was a fan since Wenger signed him almost a decade ago.
Extremely nice And extremely shy dude. Thought I'd share knowing there's a good population of Gooners in here.

That's pretty awesome that you go to meet him, appreciate you sharing that. Do you know what they were doing at the store?

Back
Top Bottom