The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Gunners practing their New York accents ahead of their friendly with the NYC Red Bulls...

Damn Niky's Sports has the 2013-2014 Arsenal home shirt marked down to $29.99 in kids sizes... Would love to buy my kid a Ramsey or Oxlade-Chamberlain but the wifey shot me down...

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2...T-giraUS-RMTour2014&utm_campaign=FacebookRRSS

After the first week's work at Ciudad Real Madrid, the team is about to embark on the second stage of its preseason in the USA. Carlo Ancelotti has called up 20 players to travel to the states, where they will play three matches in the International Champions Cup. If they qualify for the final, they will play a fourth friendly.

The list includes Pepe, Coentrão and Xabi Alonso, who all played in the World Cup in Brazil. The Italian coach also included academy players Pacheco, Diego Llorente, Derik, Marcos Llorente, Medrán, Lucas, Mascarell, Sobrino and De Tomás.

SQUAD:
Goalkeepers: Diego López, Jesús and Pacheco.
Defenders: Pepe, Carvajal, Coentrão, Arbeloa, Nacho, D. Llorente and Derik.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Isco, Illarra, M. Llorente, Medrán, Lucas and Mascarell.
Forwards: Sobrino and De Tomás.

No CR7 8o :(

If reports are true about all the thigh & knee troubles, Ronnie needs rest & whatever rehab the trainers recommend...

Have beIN on in the backround & they're showing Almeria vs RM on from last campaign... Those RM away kit (blue ones) were nice...

If reports are true about all the thigh & knee troubles, Ronnie needs rest & whatever rehab the trainers recommend....

Fair enough...just a little disappointed. Oh well, hopefully he gets back to form soon

Last edited:
He clearly didn't look himself in the WC. He soldiered though it though... As pitiful as Portugal looked, I'm glad there wasn't a whole bunch of criticism that went Ronnie's way. As a Barca fan, hope he stays off the pitch for a while... JK :p As a football fan, hope he comes back strong but that RM attack will be unreal with the addition of James so long as his game continues to mature (which everything seems to be pointing too).

I just wish Barca would fortify the defense to be able to deal with rivals RM & Atletico as well as make a strong run in the CL. The addition of Rakitic in the midfield is a much needed boost. He was arguably the best player in La Liga last year. Barca shouldn't get so overrun in the midfield thanks to his addition & Enrique's focus on attacking on both ends of the field.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 7m
In 8 years at United, Patrice Evra has won more league titles than Chelsea & Man City in their history. :smokin

Patrice Evra...Utd legend :hat
he has really endeared himself to the Old Trafford faithful...

really wish he could've stayed for at least another season though...after all,he just signed a contract extension only a few weeks ago...
Shaw could benefit a lot having Evra in the team...

CR7 and other key players not coming to the US is the reason I held back on getting tickets.

An NTer let me know about some VIP packages for their match vs. ManU but I held out until the full roster was announced.

Had it been an hour or two away I would go, but almost 4 hours to see those players coming isn't worth it. I feel like a terrible fan, but still. :lol

Yedlin to Roma is dead, its now Napoli and Inter that are leading the pursuit now.

I guess Yedlin is trying to get a Latvian (EU) passport to fast track the process.

Last edited:
what time does RM games air here in the states? specifically cali. want to see if its worth paying for the sports package if ill even be home or at work

Real and Barca matches are on at perfect times for the West Coast. That's why I only watched La Liga until I got my satellite and DVR back recently (SF Rent +student loans=been streaming for the past 3-4 years); there's no way I'm going to wake up at 6 AM on a Saturday/Sunday :lol

Really wish the EPL had more evening games so I could hit up the local bars for Arsenal matches or something. I always kinda liked Arsenal as a club but hated its fans due to delusional fanatics on the internet (which was wrong on my part) . They're a lot more realistic, friendly, and fun to drink with in real life, even when they lose :lol

Last edited:
Wenger has said that he won't be signing a new striker but is looking to sign a DM, GK and considering a CB.

The Khedira deal...whatever was there is off

Looks like the Gunners signed Colombian keeper David Ospina from Nice for a €3.8 million free.

Real Madrid will put in one final training session at 9:45 on Monday before the squad jets out to the United States for its summer stage in Los Angeles and participation in the International Champions Cup. Not all of the players will be boarding the plane tomorrow however, Carlo Ancelotti has decided that the players who were involved with their respective nationals sides at the recent World Cup finals but whose teams were knocked out at the group stage can enjoy two extra days off. Casillas, Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Cristiano, Pepe and Coentrão will fly out on Wednesday 23 July, which means that all will have enjoyed a whole month’s holiday.

Eight members of the first team squad – Diego López, Jesús, Arbeloa, Carvajal, Nacho, Illarramendi, Bale and Isco will travel on Monday, after the early morning session in Valdebebas. Twelve players from the lower categories have been supplied with visas an are also expected to make the trip: Pacheco, Noblejas, Derik, Diego Llorente, Omar Mascarell, Marcos Llorente, Lucas, José Rodríguez, Álvaro Medrán, Burgui, Sobrino and Raúl de Tomás.

Madrid’s first outing of the pre-season is on Sunday 27 July when they meet Inter Milan in their opening engagement of the International Champions Cup (the match kicking off at 00:10 hours CEST). Ancelotti is expected to field a predominantly reserve side for the opening game and gradually introduce more first team players for the following games, against Roma on July 30 and Manchester United on August 2.

Source: http://as.com/diarioas/2014/07/20/english/1405888753_091773.html

An NTer let me know about some VIP packages for their match vs. ManU but I held out until the full roster was announced.

Go on... 8o

Wenger has said that he won't be signing a new striker but is looking to sign a DM, GK and considering a CB.

The Khedira deal...whatever was there is off

Looks like the Gunners signed Colombian keeper David Ospina from Nice for a €3.8 million free.

no striker, eh? i'm somewhat OK with that if they can address the back line some more. sanchez, ospina, and debuchy isn't a bad haul. not spectacular by any means, but more than i expected if we add another CB and DM as mentioned.

Last edited:
Rumors that Arsenal are after Lars Bender now. Carvalho still rumored as well. Would be fine with either of those.

no striker, eh? i'm somewhat OK with that if they can address the back line some more. sanchez, ospina, and debuchy isn't a bad haul. not spectacular by any means, but more than i expected if we add another CB and DM as mentioned.

With the addition of Sanchez, Theo coming back from injury to team with Giroud, Wenger has some nice attacking options.

I'm glad he's not spending good money on Balo. Let him be someone else's headache. That's terrible spending if you ask me. Great, great talent but his head is in the clouds & he doesn't train for ish. It's also everyone else's fault but his.

He clearly didn't look himself in the WC. He soldiered though it though... As pitiful as Portugal looked, I'm glad there wasn't a whole bunch of criticism that went Ronnie's way. As a Barca fan, hope he stays off the pitch for a while... JK
tongue.gif
As a football fan, hope he comes back strong but that RM attack will be unreal with the addition of James so long as his game continues to mature (which everything seems to be pointing too).

I just wish Barca would fortify the defense to be able to deal with rivals RM & Atletico as well as make a strong run in the CL. The addition of Rakitic in the midfield is a much needed boost. He was arguably the best player in La Liga last year. Barca shouldn't get so overrun in the midfield thanks to his addition & Enrique's focus on attacking on both ends of the field.
By the looks of it, Barca is closing the deal on Mathieu for 20m euros. Also, some reports that Barca are only signing one CB, and not two.

Who's going to the Real Madrid vs Inter match on Saturday? I'm on the fence. I don't want to pay $100+ to see the big names like Bale, Alonso, Coentrao, etc play for 15 minutes and then get subbed out for academy players

Back
Top Bottom