The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Chepo absolutely destroyed the team and the confidence. I preferred when he played with his Classic Toluca lineup which got him Silverware with both Chivas and Toluca. That was the lineup that had us playing great against Brazil and fighting back from the defecit to win the Gold Cup against he USMNT before. The second he transitioned into the 442 insistent on playing both chicharo and oribe was when the team went to absolute **** and it was pointless forcing him to switch to the 433 since he was already desperate not to lose so he would make them play defensive orientated. I just feel like this coaching change came wayyyy to late, and even know why just fire him and leave everyone else? His cousin was always in his ear on TV telling him stuff so i assume he too is responsible for the horrible decisions, and today when Peralta was coming on he was the one telling him what to do. Nothing changed.

As for the game, Guardado cant play winger anymore, hes not even an offensive player with Valencia anymore. He plateaued ages ago and hes super predictable and because of his tendency to drift where the LB plays he overcrowds that part of the field and we get zero projection there anymore from the LB. Speaking of LB, salcido was getting destroyed.....how has Torres Nilo not benched him years ago? he has the workhorse stamina, he has a great cross, and he has height. Again its about respecting the sacred cows and their hierarchy.  Then were using a CB(mier) as a RB, why? Inspite of the ridicule from his horrible first year, Layun from America proved everyone wrong, he has won a starter position, the league (had the character to step up and score the winning pen) and has blossomed into the best RB in mexico, and he was one of our few bright spots in the past Gold Cup. Meza is still living off that one good game against Neymar. Today Zavala recovered more balls in the DM position that Torrado has all year, but we needed Herrera in there earlier when the initiative was ours. Chaco is an okay player by LigaMX standards but hes slow and overweight for international play IMO. Finally i just cant stand chicharo anymore, i remember the mobile, smart, good with the ball, decent outside the box shot chicharo that Chivas shipped off. ManU has improved him physically on the hold up, but now he cant operate outside the box anymore and he gets frustrated and tries to drop down but he looks terrible, hes a rigid 9 now. Everyone gets mad when you even bring up benching him, but hes just not the typical mobile Latin America profile striker anymore and thats what Mexico needs unfortunately. Finally somewhere amongst that horrible mess Gio just gets erased.

I just want a Mexico coach that doesn't have a meltdown when it matters. Aguirre had one with the benching Ochoa for a 50 year old ****** conejo and playing bofo against Argentina.Chepo was just to damn thick headed, and he drove the team into the ground just so he never had to admit he was wrong to the media. They would always ask him about players like torrado, maza, salcido who no longer had the form to be playing against younger opposition. Specifically after the Confeds they asked him if he would reconsider starting them since they seemed to not be able to keep up with players like neymar, hulk etc, and he got mad at the reporter and described them as completely different players from what you see on the field. Right there i knew he was delusional. Then theres the matter of Ochoa and Vela. Vela denied the call ups, but before that Chepo was the one disregarding him saying "he wasn't in form" for the NT but dudes that were coming off injuries and weren't getting PT were, riiiiight. Then he handled the Ochoa thing terribly, yes...shines in ligue 1 with a relegation bound defense against super teams liek PSG, yet he cant get a game over Corona who tears up the likes of the mighty Queretaro and Puebla.

Now its too late, i dont know who we can still get whose willing to take the hit and try and qualify us.

TL;DR Mexico is looking rough ha.

How did our team look? Was at a bar watching the USA game instead since portugal v brazil was only available to stream. Did bento play some of the youngsters? Knowing his stubborn *** he probably didn't.

We looked like we were playing a friendly defensively, no aggression. Nani took CR7's role on the LW and did horrible, I mean bad, I'm not over exaggerating. Should have played Lica, he's been doing great on Porto this season. Besides that Portugal played pretty well, nive crisp passing all game, quite smooth.

Brazil played with more intensity, Neymar had a fantastic goal but in a real game - Pepe would have tackled that dude like Ray Lewis before he got to the final third to finish. Lol

USMT looked ok last night. Eddie Johnson can get up! That boy skys (or should i say man i didn't know he was 29 years old). I thought Landon and Clint looked good too. Clint went down a little much but not a big deal. Bradley in place of Beckerman is def necessary :lol:. I don't know why but im kind of tired of Tim Howard forever yelling at defenders literally on every single shot.

JChamp - I disagree with your assertion that Chepo ruined El Tri. I think the only thing he was guilty of was being way too rigid. Overall, the Mexican side is ok in the back (although aging a bit), has a glut of forwards, but no one reliable to play the midfield.

Midfielder Torrado has looked terribly slow & players like Christian Gimenez constantly had to cover for him (isn't he like 32 years old?). Not even sure why Torrado kept getting playing time.

I understand why Chepo tried playing Chica and Oribe. It was simply to get the best players on the field but it didn't work for whatever reason & I think the fault lies more with the players than Chepo.

The bottom line is the fall in form is on the players not the coach. Aside from missing the WC in '90, El Tri has never missed the WC. It would be a shame to see them not get in.

List of countries that have qualified for WC so far -

1. Argentina
  2. Australia
  3. Brazil
  4. Costa Rica
  5. Iran
  6. Italy
  7. Japan
  8. Netherlands
  9. South Korea
  10. United States

dd30e1c01af011e3b2fa22000aeb43cf_6.jpg

Last edited:

Bale wants to be the Ronaldo so bad, the white British lefty version. What better way to learn than from the man himself, I just don't see Ronaldo playing that type of mentor role. I also thought Bale was taller for some reason. :lol:

Last edited:
Bein Sports are a bunch of oil-rich greedy douchebags. They only offer there channel in the ultimate packages now. Meaning you have to pay for all channels. I don't care about movies and what not, I don't need all that. Wish they should just be part of a Sports package. :smh:

For those of you who have Bein, did you just get that bulletin?

I know SAF said we need to stand by our new manager but really :smh:

He hasn't done anything impressive at all. Everything he's done could have been done by Steve Bruce....Paul Ince or even me.

I know it's 3 games in. But really, he needs to start doing something positive. I would like to see him give Zaha, Januzaj and Kagawa opportunities.

Surely, they can't play any worse than Young, Anderson or Cleverley at this point.

At this point it might be best for Mexico to not make the WC. Change is needed in the FMF. Top to bottom. Its pathetic if you can't come out of CONCACRAP.

However, with the money that Mexico generates, I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA tries to put the fix in.

I know this is basically irrelevant here, but Afghanistan just beat India in the SAFF Cup final :pimp:

Pretty crazy considering they played no international fixtures from 1984-2003, non-stop war, and the Taliban strongly discouraged football during their reign.

Hopefully the different ethnic groups there unite behind this team, but knowing how they are they'd just argue over who did more.

Quote from the coach after the match and part of why I both love and hate my people, "So far as Afghanistan is here, India’s rule is over. As long as we are in South Asia, it’s over for them,” he announced :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
@AFCAcademy So Arsenal have officially taken on Beckham’s 10 year old son, Romeo, on a development contract since Monday…
@Football__Zone Jose Mourinho is lining up a move to bring Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes to Chelsea. (Daily Express)
- Well this is just bull :lol:
@Football__Zone Gareth Bale will make his debut for Real against Villarreal playing at left-back as Coentrao & Marcelo are both injured. (Daily Mail)
Player Focus: Five Youngsters Set to Impress in La Liga - article by @davidjaca via @WhoScored - http://bit.ly/15Sn1W0

Can't wait for Ozils debut.

Thinking about getting Ozil letters/numbers on my blank arsenal jersey.

Apparently Ozil's jersey is outselling Bale's 5 to 1

Last edited:
@AFCAcademy So Arsenal have officially taken on Beckham’s 10 year old son, Romeo, on a development contract since Monday…
@Football__Zone Jose Mourinho is lining up a move to bring Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes to Chelsea. (Daily Express)
- Well this is just bull
laugh.gif

@Football__Zone Gareth Bale will make his debut for Real against Villarreal playing at left-back as Coentrao & Marcelo are both injured. (Daily Mail)
Player Focus: Five Youngsters Set to Impress in La Liga - article by @davidjaca via @WhoScored - http://bit.ly/15Sn1W0
A friend was telling me that Barcelona are going to make a summer move for Cech, pretty much swapping keepers. 
sick.gif

Yea I know it is just one match but cant help laughing at Bale starting at LB. The 100mm wingback ha

Willian says he joined Chelsea because they are a "better club" than Tottenham
11 Sep 2013 22:30
“Chelsea is a better club than Tottenham in every aspect," says Brazilan

Brazilian star Willian last night claimed he always wanted to go to Chelsea - because they are a “better club” than Tottenham.

Willian joined the Blues in a big money move from Anzhi Makhachkala after a last minute change of heart as he had already had a medical at Spurs.

But Willian, in an interview with Brazilian paper Globoesporte, said: “I always wanted to go to Chelsea. Chelsea presented an offer and it was always my dream to go there.

“Chelsea is a better club than Tottenham in every aspect. I have spoken with my fellow Brazilians at the club, especially David Luiz. I am also happy to play for Jose Mourinho. That was definitive in my decision.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-transfer-news-willian-says-2267825#ixzz2edeGMqce
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

- Well this is just bull :lol:

@Football__Zone Gareth Bale will make his debut for Real against Villarreal playing at left-back as Coentrao

A friend was telling me that Barcelona are going to make a summer move for Cech, pretty much swapping keepers. :x

Yea, I just saw that on twitter about 30 minutes ago. I think it was from ESPN

Back
Top Bottom