The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Frame that shirt! 
smokin.gif

I haven't seen this game, but it looks like a quality defensive play. The attacking green team had them completely pressed close to their own goal. The guy wanted to kick it out of play for a throw in, but accidently hit his co-defender who somehow miraculously managed to avoide scoring an own goal and guide it out of play for a mere corner kick. Couldn't have gone any better.

Last edited:

Zelalem starting for Arsenal
You, me, Ice, & Mastermind might be the only ones excited about that...

I know it's friendlies but these games make the Moyes hiring look even worse.
What'd you guys think of Zelalem?

Looked like he was playing it very very safe but definitely comfortable and composed on the ball, didn't seem out of place amongst Wilshere, Ramsey, etc. Wish we'd gotten to see a full 90. 

I thought he shined a lot brighter last summer on the Asian tour but then he was playing in a more natural position and Red Bulls are stronger competition. 

I haven't seen this game, but it looks like a quality defensive play. The attacking green team had them completely pressed close to their own goal. The guy wanted to kick it out of play for a throw in, but accidently hit his co-defender who somehow miraculously managed to avoide scoring an own goal and guide it out of play for a mere corner kick. Couldn't have gone any better.
laugh.gif

Frame that shirt! :smokin

Torres should quit soccer out of respect to the game. Jesus Christ :smh:

Would you quit when you're getting paid 175,000 quid a week to do that?
Frame that shirt! :smokin

Torres should quit soccer out of respect to the game. Jesus Christ :smh:

Would you quit when you're getting paid 175,000 quid a week to do that?

I wouldn't quit if I was getting paid $17.50, but I'm broke. This dude Torres has no shame

The combo of Mandzukic & Greizmann should be fun to watch especially with Koke & Turan behind them...

Gonna be tough for the Blaugrana this campaign. I just hope that Enrique can get his players to play with tenacity. The problem defending was not only with the back 4 but also up front.

Atletico trying to maintain their progress. Greizmann is a good get.

Torres :smh: On a positive note, Ake did a good job bringing the ball down and then following through with a nice cross to Fernando.

Last edited:

:rofl:

You know, I'm watching these Southampton players get snapped up & then thinking about how England (& Spain too) fared in the WC. Both the 3 Lions & La Roja really should've infused the younger players in the squads. Brazil too...

That's why I don't like these older retread coaches getting these national posts because they're comfortable with they stayed approaches & players. I hope these countries & others like them start infusing the younger players into the next round of competition. It's badly needed for each of these sides.

You know, I'm watching these Southampton players get snapped up & then thinking about how England (& Spain too) fared in the WC. Both the 3 Lions & La Roja really should've infused the younger players in the squads. Brazil too...

That's why I don't like these older retread coaches getting these national posts because they're comfortable with they stayed approaches & players. I hope these countries & others like them start infusing the younger players into the next round of competition. It's badly needed for each of these sides.
I agree wholeheartedly. I hate seeing older guys who are honestly past it get spots on a squad due to "legacy". It just hurts development in the long run. Spots should be earned based on what your capable of now, not what you did 10 years ago.

in orlando yesterday. Saw several giant Kaka banners.

What would have been ur rotation for the 3 lions. I thought they tried to play their youth as much as they could i thought. Sterling and sturridge were obv mainstays. Shaw made the team. Barkley played. I hardly remember even seeing Gerard\Lampard. Rooney was prevalent but whatta u gunna do hes the golden goose for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom