The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I dont see why anybody would want to leave BVB :lol:

Best fans, best stadium, bundesliga and CL contenders. Kits are fire as well :pimp: :pimp: .. Jurgen Klopp too

Plus look where they train. Type " dortmund trainingslager " on youtube and theres a bunch of videos

$$ talks I guess

Last edited:
Maybe this will calm down the 'Bale is not worth more than Ronaldo, so his transfer price should be lower than Ronaldo because I dont understand inflation' folks...

@CentreTransfer: Ronaldo's deal will see him earn around £15m a year, nearly twice as much as new team-mate Gareth Bale. (Daily Mail) #Transfers

Like coupelt88 said, Bale wants to be Ronaldo soooo badly, it's pretty sad. Ronaldo only got away with that flamboyant style cause he smashed new models every week :lol:

looks like Bale is trying to be CR's annoying younger brother who was adopted, was sent to boarding school, had no proper influence except CR stories, and is finally reunited after all these years; all he needs now are some models and a tan :smh:

Last edited:
I dont see why anybody would want to leave BVB :lol:

Best fans, best stadium, bundesliga and CL contenders. Kits are fire as well :pimp: :pimp: .. Jurgen Klopp too

Plus look where they train. Type " dortmund trainingslager " on youtube and theres a bunch of videos

$$ talks I guess

This is something I don't understand.

I can understand players doing well at a smaller club and moving up to a bigger club, for Champions League footy. But what I don't get is a player who has a great situation going on, leaving to join stacked clubs. I can't see why Lewandowski would want to go to Munich, unless it's for the paycheck. If that's the case, why not push for a new contract at BVB. You're the main man, scoring goals, consistent CL, consistent DFB- Pokal, and challenging for the Bundesliga title. Why go to Munich when you know you'll be under Mandzukic? The Gotze situation is obviously very different, as Pep announced it was the only player in the world he wanted. But for others, like Lewa, why bother to leave?

Add in all of the other factors you mentioned (Klopp, fans etc), and I don't see why one would want to leave Dortmund, except for the fact that the area apparently is pretty small and very industrial, so I'd assume your quality of life isn't the greatest.

Beans718, I heard there was some neo-nazi movements out there in Dortmund, and it wasn't always the friendliest to people of color. Are you able to comment on this? I really want to go and watch a match there one day, but in peace :lol:

Side note...

Was watching the post game of Southhampton and West Ham...

They tipped Webb to be the ref for the derby next week
laugh.gif

Bale:

Yea, look at him
at the cutting edge of euro fashion 
laugh.gif

I'm just mad Ronnie used united this summer... Is he now the highest paid?

I can understand players doing well at a smaller club and moving up to a bigger club, for Champions League footy. But what I don't get is a player who has a great situation going on, leaving to join stacked clubs. I can't see why Lewandowski would want to go to Munich, unless it's for the paycheck. If that's the case, why not push for a new contract at BVB. You're the main man, scoring goals, consistent CL, consistent DFB- Pokal, and challenging for the Bundesliga title. Why go to Munich when you know you'll be under Mandzukic? The Gotze situation is obviously very different, as Pep announced it was the only player in the world he wanted. But for others, like Lewa, why bother to leave?

Add in all of the other factors you mentioned (Klopp, fans etc), and I don't see why one would want to leave Dortmund, except for the fact that the area apparently is pretty small and very industrial, so I'd assume your quality of life isn't the greatest.

Beans718, I heard there was some neo-nazi movements out there in Dortmund, and it wasn't always the friendliest to people of color. Are you able to comment on this? I really want to go and watch a match there one day, but in peace :lol:

I am Hispanic (very dark) and had no issues at all. People were friendly as hell too and we went out drinking after the game and had no real issues. Nazism is illegal in Germany and unlike in the states where we talk about our past issues openly, the discussion is actually taboo here and even illegal to some extent. Now granted I stayed in the metropolitan area and stayed away from any "shady" areas (stadium is on the outskirts of the city). If you have any sort of street smarts you will be fine. All and all the game was amazing but the city of Dortmund is not thee ideal party place. Seemed more family friendly and quite (which isn't a bad thing) HIGHLY reccomend visiting tho

African WCQ playoff draw. Bob Bradley v. Ghana again...

Ivory Coast v Senegal
Ethiopia v Nigeria
Tunisia v Cameroon
Ghana v Egypt
Burkina Faso v Algeria

-La Liga has been tremendous to start off the season. Atlético look strong - one of the very best defensive sides in Europe. Not a team one will want to draw in the CL KO stages when/if they advance considering their quality and recent Cup competition record.
-So good to have Villareal back where they belong in top flight. The contest with RMadrid was excellent - made better by the fact that RM are playing expansive football themselves. Be interesting to see how their midfield situation develops. Modric and Casemiro have stood out, but Khedira has seniority, and Illara is a big money signing. Pleased they dropped points anyway, though it very well could have been all three had Lopez not put in a MOTM effort.
-Valencia could soon be in the market for a new manager (again).

Barça were below par against Sevilla, but job done in the end. Re-intro of the high press has improved the control and defense, but still uneasy at the back with early flighted balls and set pieces. A defender may have been bought if Tata had more time to evaluate the squad, but they'll go forward with Mache - who has been excellent - and Puyol when he returns shortly. A defender favourable to the manager will be scouted for the winter transfer window, but it'll depend on performance. Much prefer zonal marking to man on sets, but hopefully it'll get better w/ time.

Neymar is simply electric. He has that rare combination of physical and technical quality to along with scoring and playmaking ability to be the very best in the world or thereabouts. A true prodigy. :pimp:

Last edited:

l

Many football fans would opine similarly to you, but there are obvious reasons to leave for BM. I'd likely do the same in his position.

-A new contract at BvB wouldn't get him near the kind of money he'd earn at Bayern. BvB have a limited wage structure. At the end of the day, it's a job. You earn what you can because a footballer's career is relatively short. And a global club like Bayern would significantly increase a player's public profile which would open many doors post retirement.

-If Klopp left, there's a chance they'd take a step back. Klopp has given them an edge over the "other" big clubs in Germany, but don't let the last 3 years fool you, in Germany it's still traditionally Bayern and then everyone else. The example of taking Goetze from BvB was an example of this, and it's not the first time. Look what they did to Bayer Leverkusen after they went to that CL final against Madrid. No matter what happens, Bayern will maintain it's top status and compete for the biggest prizes in football.

-LOL @ the idea of Lewandowski being behind Mandzukic. He's far superior, and would unquestionably start the vast majority of matches. Who cares if he's the main man at BvB? He's not Maradona- anyone think Lewa will be remembered in 50 years for his individual brilliance? This is the ultimate team game, and in those terms Bayern started something last season that can go on and become truly historical if success continues over the next few years. People will remember the stars who played for Milan's Immortals or Pep's Barça - not someone who won a few German titles. Cold, but true.

-Munich is a fantastic city. And Bayern supporters are pretty damn passionate themselves.

Last edited:
Erickson :x :x :x

The ball he played to Sigurdsson...honestly was a thing of beauty. Everton also looked good out there. Although Chelsea had chances. I am surprised no one made a run at Ross Barkley that kid can ball. He seems raw but very talented

l

Many football fans would opine similarly to you, but there are obvious reasons to leave for BM. I'd likely do the same in his position.

-A new contract at BvB wouldn't get him near the kind of money he'd earn at Bayern. BvB have a limited wage structure. At the end of the day, it's a job. You earn what you can because a footballer's career is relatively short. And a global club like Bayern would significantly increase a player's public profile which would open many doors post retirement.

-If Klopp left, there's a chance they'd take a step back. Klopp has given them an edge over the "other" big clubs in Germany, but don't let the last 3 years fool you, in Germany it's still traditionally Bayern and then everyone else. The example of taking Goetze from BvB was an example of this, and it's not the first time. Look what they did to Bayer Leverkusen after they went to that CL final against Madrid. No matter what happens, Bayern will maintain it's top status and compete for the biggest prizes in football.

-LOL @ the idea of Lewandowski being behind Mandzukic. He's far superior, and would unquestionably start the vast majority of matches. Who cares if he's the main man at BvB? He's not Maradona- anyone think Lewa will be remembered in 50 years for his individual brilliance? This is the ultimate team game, and in those terms Bayern started something last season that can go on and become truly historical if success continues over the next few years. People will remember the stars who played for Milan's Immortals or Pep's Barça - not someone who won a few German titles. Cold, but true.

-Munich is a fantastic city. And Bayern supporters are pretty damn passionate themselves.

Fair play I hear you...

I always liked Lewa more and thought he was better, I just figured for some reason Munich would still start Mandzukic over him. I've always known that BVB's wage structure is tight, I remember them saying they trippled his wages, and it he still isn't making what he could be making at other clubs like Munich, CIty, United, Chelsea etc.
It's actually always impressed me about how Dortmund with much lower wages still produces such high quality of footy on the regular.
Nonetheless, I hear what you're saying about Munich remaining the superpower that they are.

I guess it is what it is...like you say...it's still a job, and if the pay is right somewhere else....only thing left to do is move...

I won't be able to watch the game since I'll be at work. But I hope Coutinho and Sturridge cook today. I also hope Bony scores. 'Pool win 2-1 and have the best start in years.
yup just look at Westbrook :smh:

I actually hope the Reds LOSE so Arsenal sit top of the table (plus i have Michu and Routledge on my fantasy squad)...

It was a good weekend in both the EPL and La Liga... Villareal was impressive on the counter (Aquino looked good and his pace was ridiculous) and Gio played well not sure why he's been weak for the National Team though...

More importantly was seeing my boy Rambo playing some of the best footy of his life for my Gunners, and glad seeing Giroud score AGAIN, with service from Mesut... If we can maintain decent form until January, pick up a solid Defender and maybe even an extra Striker in the Xfer window, barring any health snafus (I know this is a very big IF), we COULD contend for the title... Call me crazy...

Last edited:
He's missing punctuation on the Catalan in Barca's Wallpaper...

Can we get an Arsenal Wallpaper? lol...

Back
Top Bottom