The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Whoever at City scouted Dzeko & paid they money they did should never work in top flight football again. Dzeko is the slowest most robotic moving player I think I've ever seen. He runs like Frankenstein on the pitch. Arms out front & everything.

Whoever at City scouted Dzeko & paid they money they did should never work in top flight football again. Dzeko is the slowest most robotic moving player I think I've ever seen. He runs like Frankenstein on the pitch. Arms out front & everything.
aint hurting my arab brothers pockets 
smokin.gif

Uh, you might want to remember why they bought him.

Before he came to City...

2008-09 Apps: 42 Goals: 36
2009-10 Apps: 48 Goals: 29
2010-11 Apps: 19 Goals: 11

For scouts and managers that looks pretty impressive. Proven goal scorer.

Liverpool has been linked to Basel's Salah but it looks like Chelsea is going to swoop in & acquire him. :smh:

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of 21-year-old Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah after agreeing a £10m fee with Basel for the player.

Chelsea 'offer Basle £11 million to try to scupper Mohamed Salah's move to Liverpool :lol:

Manchester United are monitoring Inter's Colombia international midfielder Fredy Guarin, 27, after his swap deal with Juventus's Mirko Vucinic fell through. Inter are thought to be interested in taking United striker Javier Hernandez, 25, in exchange.

Mourinho is said to want to use some of the funds from the sale of Mata to bring in Real Real Sociedad's France Under-21s wide midfielder Antoine Griezmann, 22.

Chelsea's decision to sell Juan Mata to Manchester United is part of a plan to land Everton's 20-year-old midfielder Ross Barkley.

Arsenal will make a last-ditch effort to buy Schalke's 20-year-old midfielder Julian Draxler now rather than risk getting caught up in a summer bidding war.

Sporting Lisbon and Juventus are interested in signing Manchester United winger Nani. :smokin

Atletico Madrid manager boss Diego Simeone says he is willing to pay whatever it costs to keep Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 21, when his loan spell runs out at the end of the season.

Atletico Madrid hope to hijack United's attempts to sign Mata by offering David Moyes first option on striker Diego Costa, 25, and Brazilian full-back Filipe Luis, 28, if they drop their interest in the Chelsea midfielder. (wuuuut?!?!? :rofl: )

Losing Barkley will be more painful then gaining Mata for Moyes, even though he should little faith in him at everton.

Neymar saga is heating up, shading business.

SV Zulte Waregem's Thorgan Hazard was left to reflect on a "fantastic year" after the on-loan Chelsea FC midfielder was named Belgium's player of 2013 on Wednesday.

View media item 761837
When Eden came to Chelsea, I read reports that Thorgan was already better than Eden was at his age.

Looking forward to seeing him join the prem and hopefully he'll have a long injury free career.

Care to elaborate?

Side deals with his father and company, majority of the transfer fee has gone to the family. Apparently, it could be worth more then Bale's transfer fee since Neymar & Neymar company are reaching over 100 million in the next few years.

There are other Hazard brothers too, family seems to have the gift.

Last edited:
Typical, shady Catalans. First Messi now Neymar. I hope they get suspended from CL for two years and get points deducted . SMH.

Suck it, Liverpool.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3634770/title/salah-transfer-agreed

SALAH TRANSFER AGREED

Posted on: Thu 23 Jan 2014
Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with FC Basel for the transfer of their 21-year-old attacking midfielder Mohamed Salah.

The move is subject to the Egyptian international agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination.

:lol: came in here to post this...

Roman and Mourinho operating with zero damns to give out there.

Ohhhh dear...

Rumours coming out that #LFC had paid for #Salah flight to England before saying they didn't want to pay price #CFC had bid. #Willian

Last edited:
Selling world class players, replacing them with squad players. The Chelsea way.

Didn't think we had a real shot at the title anyway, but this just confirms it.

Funny how Mourinho has always been praised for his man management skills and now 2 of our best players are gone in one window because of it. :smh:

We sold two attacking mids........ to sign an attacking mid. I like salah and am glad to see am Egyptian on Chelsea, but what sense does this make? Did we forget both Schurrle and Moses are still on our team?

We sold two attacking mids........ to sign an attacking mid. I like salah and am glad to see am Egyptian on Chelsea, but what sense does this make? Did we forget both Schurrle and Moses are still on our team?

If I'm right Moses won't come back to Chelsea, I read he hasn't really impressed at Liverpool. So Mourinho doesn't really count him.

I think Salah will sit on the bench much happier than Mata would.

Which by the way, didn't Moyes say there was no one in the market in Jan? :nerd:

Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO
Follow
Wenger on Juan Mata move to Man Utd. "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent. #CFC
5:36 AM - 23 Jan 2014

Oh....the irony.

I hope Salah overtakes Willian in the line up anyways. I know he works hard, but I have never really liked his contribution offensively. Salah brings some speed though.

I hope Salah overtakes Willian in the line up anyways. I know he works hard, but I have never really liked his contribution offensively. Salah brings some speed though.

Jose doesn't care about what his wingers do offensively, he wants them to defend. Hence Mata being sold.

Selling world class players, replacing them with squad players. The Chelsea way.

Didn't think we had a real shot at the title anyway, but this just confirms it.

Funny how Mourinho has always been praised for his man management skills and now 2 of our best players are gone in one window because of it. :smh:

We didn't sell our 2 best players. If Mata was playing better then Oscar, he would have gotten more playing time on not be sitting in the bench. The Salah buy was a good one, he wont start many games but is need down the stretch and incase of injuries. KDB n Mata were both great buisness for chelsea. They stand to profit 25million pounds on those 2 transfers. With FFP coming into effect, this is money they can use to get a world class striker. With the amount of young talent chelsea have in midfield, i am not upset at losing KDB or Mata. Since we dont play United again this season, i hope Mata helps them beat City n Arsenal

Back
Top Bottom