The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Barca AND Real Madrid are as corrupt and unethical as they come, my beloved Porto is as well. I'm not proud of it, but that's the way it is.

I give props to the EPL tho, in that regard, they're very organized and structured.

I was cynical when Eden Hazard said his younger bro, Thor, was further developed at the same age.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=bel/news/newsid=2046274.html

why is this mata deal taking so long, yet chelsea just were linked to salah this am and have already announced the deal/?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25849959

I read somewhere he was supposed to be picked up by helicopter, but then there wasn't clearance for the flight.

Personally, I wouldn't celebrate anything until he's in red, at OT on tuesday when the ref blows the whistle...

i hope the only hold up is they are working on another deal and plan to announce at the same DAM time :smokin

Fast as hell, good technical skills, tracks back...Salah will fit in just fine. Realistically, Willian is Mata's replacement, Salah is his back-up. Both of them fit Mou's style better than Mata.

I wish Mata luck though, he help carry the squad the past two seasons and there's no way I can sit here and take that for granted.

What I'm confused about with the Neymar situation is, why did Santos agree to such a small fee? I remember reports saying Santos was confused when Barca gave the transfer fees. Even if he was out of contract soon, which I don't remember, I find it weird he reached the lion's share of the fee.
I think Neymar's father was the one that agreed to the initial fee, which lead to Santos ultimately having to agree to it too. The problem was that more of the money went to the company that Neymar and his dad own and not Santos. Santos agreed because they would get something like 14 million for Neymar as a "transfer" fee, then another 7.5 million for two friendlies and another 6.5 million for first rights over three Santos players. The numbers might be off but hopefully it paints a better picture.

Rosell & Co basically played an elaborate shell game scam only someone wanted to see where the ball(s) went... :lol:

Is it me or do United fans don't seem real excited about Mata's arrival?

My friends who support United couldn't care less. They all like Mata but feel like there were immediate needs that could've been addressed instead, like finding replacements for the back line.

Reminds me of when Barca signed Jordi Alba :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Very premature but there's a 14-year old City recently signed over Barca that has a promising footballing future.

Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is his name. One to watch in years to come.

Is it me or do United fans don't seem real excited about Mata's arrival?

Other needs aren't solved, even though they're more pressing.

But most importantly, no one is going to get excited until it's done.

No one wants to wake up with egg on their face..

Just wanted to say props to the dudes who keep this thread going. This and the Knicks thread has become 90% of NT for me and I'm not even that big of a soccer fan.

Even the stories of PSK's son, Champ's really random snapple facts on players, dudes who are team's designated homers, eiddy's plot of murdering Moyes slowly unfolding with each post, people who post gifs/vids, and of course those who keep the thread up to date with the latest news and rumors.

thanks gaiz

Just wanted to say props to the dudes who keep this thread going. This and the Knicks thread has become 90% of NT for me and I'm not even that big of a soccer fan.

Even the stories of PSK's son, Champ's really random snapple facts on players, dudes who are team's designated homers, eiddy's plot of murdering Moyes slowly unfolding with each post, people who post gifs/vids, and of course those who keep the thread up to date with the latest news and rumors.

thanks gaiz
Right back at you, brotha.

Did you know...CR7 once outbid Berlusconi for $1M to take Raffaella Fico's virginity (Balotelli's impregnated ex). Half-trolling, half-SRS. Obviously unconfirmed but still funny or impressive, depending your lens.

thanks gaiz
Right back at you, brotha.

Did you know...CR7 once outbid Berlusconi for $1M to take Raffaella Fico's virginity (Balotelli's impregnated ex). Half-trolling, half-SRS. Obviously unconfirmed but still funny or impressive, depending your lens.

I remember hearing about that..

I honestly enjoy discussing European football with you guys the most.

My best friend who was soccer captain at Rutgers is an avid United supporter and very knowledgeable. Outside of him, I have three football regulars at work. City supporter who thinks Robinho is still on the team, United fan who thinks business casual means United warm-ups in the office, and a Gunners fan who'd rather drink away weekends than wake up for early EPL fixtures.

I remember that $1 mil bid thing she did but I doubt Ronaldo of all people would have to pay her. Dude has smashed pretty much every European athlete's current girlfriend for free so far :lol: He reminds me of an ancient mythological story I had read in college (The Epic of Gilgamesh) where whenever two people got married, the groom had to let King Gilgamesh smash first for the marriage to be official :rofl:

Last edited:
I remember that $1 mil bid thing she did but I doubt Ronaldo of all people would have to pay her. Dude has smashed pretty much every European athlete's current girlfriend for free so far :lol: He reminds me of some ancient myth I read in college (The Epic of Gilgamesh) where whenever two people got married, the groom had to let the king smash first for the marriage to be official :rofl:
Gemma might be my favorite after Irina Shayk.

CR7 can troll Ray-J with the "I Hit It First."

Cant lie this thread got me back into soccer at the start of the 2010-2011 campaigns. Visit this thread more than any by far on NT.

Literally none of my boys follow soccer (all bball or american football fans) but my shorty is a fan and grew up watching so thats cool. Makes it fun when we watch EPl and La liga games saturdays.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom