The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

same as you guys.. my fav/ most visited thread on NT (thick white women thread is gaining momentum tho :D )

couple of my friends here in germany are "fans", one is a city fan and is very new to football, not surprisingly. texts me everyday with transfer gossip which he takes to heart.

talk to jada all the time and believe it or not he's even worse offline :pimp:

same as you guys.. my fav/ most visited thread on NT (thick white women thread is gaining momentum tho :D )

couple of my friends here in germany are "fans", one is a city fan and is very new to football, not surprisingly. texts me everyday with transfer gossip which he takes to heart.

talk to jada all the time and believe it or not he's even worse offline :pimp:
Beans, remember you saying you were stationed in Germany.

I was involved last Summer with an au pair from Frankfurt. Worth the journey? In terms of places to see, things to do, eat, etc.

and why is that... I'm holding back my excitement till the paper is signed... i also want more players brought in

Because it doesn't make sense to me when they have Kagawa, Rooney, and Van Persie. If they play Mata wide it's such a waste of talent. If they play him as CAM then they become more vulnerable defensively (where they have issues). I don't understand the move.

Maybe it'll make sense down the line if Rooney bolts this summer, but right now - I don't get it. I wouldn't feel excited. I'd be, ehhh.

Beans, remember you saying you were stationed in Germany.

I was involved last Summer with an au pair from Frankfurt. Worth the journey? In terms of places to see, things to do, eat, etc.

germany is cool.. best part about being here is how close you are to so many other countries, 20 mins from France, hr from Belgium , 6 from Austria, 5 from czech.. italian food here is amazing, Im originally from NY and this is some of the best I have ever had.. German food is cool but very basic and everything practically comes with french fries.. The beer is amazing.. hate that one day I'm gonna have to switch back to that water you guys drink in the states.. id highly recommend coming out here around sept time.. all the fests kick off around then. Everyone knows oktoberfest in Munich but i went to one in stuttgart last year which was 10x better than Munich (which i went to the year before), in fact my german co worker told me that the Munich one is for tourists now and most germans go to the stuttgart one.. both are cool though but the best festivals here are the wine ones.. such amazing atmosphere and a lot easier to drink and navigate through

I honestly enjoy discussing European football with you guys the most.

My best friend who was soccer captain at Rutgers is an avid United supporter and very knowledgeable. Outside of him, I have three football regulars at work. City supporter who thinks Robinho is still on the team, United fan who thinks business casual means United warm-ups in the office, and a Gunners fan who'd rather drink away weekends than wake up for early EPL fixtures.

I don't see a problem here :lol:

PSG bid 70 million for pogba apparently. wow

Bid put forward. Bid rejected.

But the fact that they actually put in the bid :wow:

i don't know whats worse..offering 70m for a MF or rejecting it... crazy

Just wanted to say props to the dudes who keep this thread going. This and the Knicks thread has become 90% of NT for me and I'm not even that big of a soccer fan.

Even the stories of PSK's son, Champ's really random snapple facts on players, dudes who are team's designated homers, eiddy's plot of murdering Moyes slowly unfolding with each post, people who post gifs/vids, and of course those who keep the thread up to date with the latest news and rumors.

thanks gaiz

as a united fan I totally understand the potential that is Pogba (with deep regret) but we are talking 70 mil b.. thats crazy to me

^Has Pogba ever stated on record displeasure with Juve? I figure the only two teams he would realistically leave Juve for would be Real Madrid or PSG (playing at home in Paris)

^Has Pogba ever stated on record displeasure with Juve? I figure the only two teams he would realistically leave Juve for would be Real Madrid or PSG (playing at home in Paris)
No, his only displeasure is with Fergie and United.

City was another rumored link but I doubt any club ponies enough money up beyond PSG's $70M bid to lure Pogba away.

Pirlo is due for an extension and will likely walk in favor of the youth movement. Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio.

i read an article earlier today about the whole mata sale..and the author made some really good points about ppls current perception of Mata. How Mou has got everyone thinking he's a lesser player than he actually is. How now EVERYONE mentions his defensive weaknesses yet NONE of these ppl brought any of this up the previous two seasons.. worst thing i saw was chelsea fans calling him a traitor, dude didn't wanna leave but had no other choice IMO.. Only time will tell who got the better end of this deal but he's deff a top signing and I welcome the opportunity to buy a mata kit :pimp:

Last edited:
Balotelli at Inter.

Balotelli was an idiot tho lol

I think what Man. United needed more was a winger, someone like Reus would have been a game changer. I don't think Mata is less of a player, he's a world class CAM, but into United's system. I'm just not very optimistic (right now that is, in the future it could turn out well).

Pogba 'disgusted' by Fergie selection

Paul Pogba said he left Manchester United because he was “disgusted” Sir Alex Ferguson picked a right-back ahead of him in midfield and revealed it caused the breakdown of his relationship with the former manager.

• United hope to entice Juve's Vidal

The France international, who signed for Juventus when his contract at Old Trafford ran out in 2012, has been scouted by David Moyes this month but spoke critically of United in a Canal + documentary about him called L'Incontournable and said he had no regrets about joining the Serie A champions.

Pogba, 20, never started a first-team game in England but thought he should have figured in the December 2011 clash against Blackburn, which was on Ferguson’s 70th birthday.

The Scot had omitted Wayne Rooney, Jonny Evans and Darron Gibson after a night out and, lacking three injured central defenders, played Michael Carrick in the back four and selected a new central-midfield partnership of right-back Rafael da Silva and Park Ji-sung.

And Pogba told Canal+: “It was a very, very difficult moment for me because I was in love with Manchester and I was a Mancunian.

"It was the match against Blackburn in December 2011 at Old Trafford.

"Paul Scholes had retired, Darren Fletcher was injured. There was no one left to play in midfield. And I was training and I was beginning to get better bit by bit and the coach never stopped telling me, 'You're this far'.

"And I didn't understand. This far away from what? Playing? From having some playing time? From getting on the field? Or what?

"And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either."

United lost 3-2 to Blackburn with Pogba remaining an unused substitute and he said that day convinced him to leave Old Trafford.

He added: "I'd lost that thing, that relation that I had with the coach. I was really disappointed, really disappointed.

"I was pushed. My eyes were opened. I'd made this decision to sign with Juventus. There was nothing to regret."

Yep, that pretty much seals it. Pogba will never be back in Old Trafford. Has Fergie ever explained himself?

Last edited:
looks at sig.. :smh:
:lol:
I live in NYC. So you got the locals teams.
As far as soccer, I was a fan RM and PSG since around 96, and the other teams I would use when I played league seasons in Fifa 2001.
A majority of Barca fans started rapping them after 08 kinda like the "new city fans".
As a Knicks fan, I fantasize at night about taking the L for all Knicks fans and ending Dolans life. Real Madrid and the Yankees will probably always have a similar reputation to big companies. It is what it is. My beef is that Barca puts on this act of being clean cut while Madrid is the devil when a majority of big clubs, big anything period have dirt. I hate anything Barca since Pep took over the team so yes haters gonna hate. Ye shrug.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom