The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

In addition to ugly football, the Prem as whole has ugly kits in general (outside of the Nike United, Nike Arsenal, Nike Everton, & adidas Chelsea).
man you really hate English football don't you :lol:

It's funny, Jose's complaints about West Ham isn't just an indictment of Big Sam's tactics, but Jose himself & "English" football. The Prem is so painful to watch. People keep saying it's fast & poor Jack Wilshire says, "we tackle" but I see slow & plodding football.

Atletico's Simeone does Jose's game plan better than Jose has done in years with probably a 3rd in cost of payroll.

I've watched Championship this campaign (more than I ever hadf) since it's been on beIN & most of those teams play better than the Prem. I've witnessed more attacking football with livelier play. Footballers that are leaving it all on the field. Players in the Barclays often look like they're just happy to be getting a nice salary.

I really wish NBC sports would've gotten the CL because that would do more to widen the audience here in the US than the Prem would. You'd see a wider variety of play that would probably attract more viewership.

Last edited:
At least City and Liverpool are fun to watch at least - the rest, mehh.

But you attacked there kits lol. I don't find anything wrong with them, I mean every other team in the league is either red or blue but the EPL has some nice kits. They're dull but it's England. Nothing surprising there.

But Louie is right, you went hard lol. Side note: Best league with the best kits tho - Italy. Hands down. You could find anything, variety of colors and class.

It's funny, Jose's complaints about West Ham isn't just an indictment of Big Sam's tactics, but Jose himself & "English" football. The Prem is so painful to watch. People keep saying it's fast & poor Jack Wilshire says, "we tackle" but I see slow & plodding football.

Atletico's Simeone does Jose's game plan better than Jose has done in years with probably a 3rd in cost of payroll.

I've watched Championship this campaign (more than I ever hadf) since it's been on beIN & most of those teams play better than the Prem. I've witnessed more attacking football with livelier play. Footballers that are leaving it all on the field. Players in the Barclays often look like they're just happy to be getting a nice salary.

I really wish NBC sports would've gotten the CL because that would do more to widen the audience here in the US than the Prem would. You'd see a wider variety of play that would probably attract more viewership.
:lol: Mourinho is a hypocrite, I have no respect for him whatsoever.
I wish I still had beIN :frown: they show Championship, Serie A, La Liga, and Ligue 1. If you guys have ESPN Deportes, they also show Eredivisie matches from time to time. I was watching Go Ahead Eagles vs Ajax last weekend. :pimp:

At least City and Liverpool are fun to watch at least - the rest, mehh.

But you attacked there kits lol. I don't find anything wrong with them, I mean every other team in the league is either red or blue but the EPL has some nice kits. They're dull but it's England. Nothing surprising there.

But Louie is right, you went hard lol. Side note: Best league with the best kits tho - Italy. Hands down. You could find anything, variety of colors and class.
I really like the Hellas Verona kits. Sometimes I get confused between the Udinese and Juventus kits.

Ligue 1 clubs have some nice kits as well

By the way, didn't you say you were coming down end of January? :nerd:

Tuca has actually been playing him, and has been the first choice forward for almost 3 seasons now.

:lol: Haven't even watched a lot of Liga MX games these past seasons. Mainly because Chivas been struggling. :smh:
Only been watching Chivas games lately, was still under the impression Tuca didn't play him often.

:lol: Mourinho is a hypocrite, I have no respect for him whatsoever.
I wish I still had beIN :frown: they show Championship, Serie A, La Liga, and Ligue 1. If you guys have ESPN Deportes, they also show Eredivisie matches from time to time. I was watching Go Ahead Eagles vs Ajax last weekend. :pimp:
I really like the Hellas Verona kits. Sometimes I get confused between the Udinese and Juventus kits.

Ligue 1 clubs have some nice kits as well

By the way, didn't you say you were coming down end of January? :nerd:

I don't like pink but I love Palermo pink/black, love Fiorentina, Roma, the Milan's. It's just quality vibrant stuff.

Yea I'm down here I'm in Boca.

Yo, 

The Napoli camo kit.

pimp.gif

Remember a couple months ago Pep said someone on the team was snitching to the press and he was going to let that person go in January?

A lot of people said that it was a staffer that leaked stuff to the press and not a player. More often than not, that's the case and I'm so for this one as well....hopefully. I can't see what a player has to gain by doing so

Benik Afobe was loaned out to Sheffield Wednesday. This is his last time to impress, if not he'll be gone during the summer.
Freddy Adu is having a trial at Blackpool
@samuelj29060 Round-up: Fulham have signed Stuttgart midfielder Kvist on loan & are close to £11.5m Mitroglou deal, whilst Arsenal are considering Klose.
@samuelj29060 Holtby having medical at Fulham, Napoli have signed former Barca defender Henrique & Valencia put Banega on the market.
@samuelj29060 Arsenal have offered Chu-Young Park to Nantes, according to reports in France
@samuelj29060 Juninho Pernambucano has retired aged 39, Auxerre's Ntep joins Rennes officially.
@samuelj29060 Inter have signed Torino right-back D'Ambrosio & are on the verge of signing Lazio midfielder Hernanes for £12.4m.
@bbcsport_david Arsenal not signing Draxler. Was interest but AW unwilling to meet #Schalke asking price. Only #afc deal may be a loan arrival
@ESPNFC Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema have been acquitted on charges of soliciting an underage prostitute.

Last edited:
Tonny Sanabria ended up transferring to Serie A club US Sassuolo for a reported 4.5 million euros but could reach 12 million depending on how he performs.

It looks like Chelsea signed a young promising CB Kurt Zouma (19 or 20 years old) from St. Etienne for €15m.

Where did you hear this? I thought Roma got Sanabria and loaned him out to Sassoulo?

Tonny Sanabria ended up transferring to Serie A club US Sassuolo for a reported 4.5 million euros but could reach 12 million depending on how he performs.

It looks like Chelsea signed a young promising CB Kurt Zouma (19 or 20 years old) from St. Etienne for €15m.

Where did you hear this? I thought Roma got Sanabria and loaned him out to Sassoulo?

That's what I thought as well.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...oungster-tonny-sanabria-makes-sassuolo-switch

A shame Zouma signed with Chelsea :smh:

I'm late on this one, but after these recent allegations, that "Més Que Un Club" slogan makes me chuckle.

How fitting.

Found this on another site regarding Roma's transfer business for this window.

Players in;
Toloi
Sanabria
Nianggolan (loan w/ option for co-own)
Parades (18 month loan w/ option to buy)
Michel Bastos (loan)
Abner (June)

Primavera;
Vestenicky
Golubovic
Berisha
Tibolla
Radonjic (June)

Out;
Burdisso - Genoa
Boriello - West Ham (loan)
Parades - Chievo (loan)
Sanabria - Sassuolo (loan)
Romagnoli - Spezia (loan) pending
Carpari - Pescara (Co-own)

Last edited:
RUMOUR: Blackpool are weighing up a move for former American wonderkid Freddy Adu. He is training at the club. :lol:

Transfer Deadline Day: Kim Kallstrom wanted by Arsenal

Arsenal are working on a deal to sign Sweden midfielder Kim Kallstrom on loan until the end of the season from Russian club Spartak Moscow.
The 31-year-old would provide cover for the injured Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, with Mathieu Flamini suspended for the next three games.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger ruled out buying Schalke's Julian Draxler, but revealed he wanted a new midfielder.
"We are trying to bring one body in because of Ramsey's setback," he said.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25978132

:smh: Am I supposed to go horizontal or vertical? Better do it both ways just to be safe....

Back
Top Bottom