The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Chelsea team: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ramires, Hazard, Matic, Willian, Eto'o #SSN

Man City team to play Chelsea: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Demichelis, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo #SSN
:rofl: at the defensive lineup from Chelsea. Mou going for that 0-0 draw :smh:

Kinda shocked no Oscar in that lineup but not really shocked.

Hahaha at Mou, putting in 7 defensive players lol. Wow.

Fernandinho out tho, I don't like that for City. Whatever, Chelsea aren't attacking anyways.

Maybe Oscar is going to be Jose's whipping boy now that Mata is gone... We'll start seeing stories how he doesn't track back anymore...

Y'all are dumb. Mou would be stupid to put 150lb Oscar out there against Toure, Demichelis, Fernandinho and co. We need power/strength in our midfield against a team like City or we'd get bullied.

This was the exactly same lineup I would gave gone with except swap Mikel for Luiz.

It's not defensive, it's just a physical lineup to counteract City's physicality.

City is playing a defender in their midfield...why are you calling them defensive? :rolleyes

Y'all are dumb. Mou would be stupid to put 150lb Oscar out there against Toure, Demichelis, Fernandinho and co. We need power/strength in our midfield against a team like City or we'd get bullied.

This was the exactly same lineup I would gave gone with except swap Mikel for Luiz.

It's not defensive, it's just a physical lineup to counteract City's physicality.

City is playing a defender in their midfield...why are you calling them defensive? :rolleyes

Whew, well that settles it. If Fear The Ibis would have selected the same team, it must be a good squad.

For a second I was worried that Mourinho didn't know what he's doing. Good to know you would have done the same. It eases my mind.

Shut up bro.

Fernandinho got hurt that's why he's not playing and they have a defender in there.

Accept the fact Chelsea are a defensive team, it'll decrease the denial.

Great confidence from HART.

But Ramires could have done better, and Willian should have really made a better choice on the break...

Now that's an opportunity where Oscar would have drilled that home to go 1-0. What a blown chance.

Last edited:
Vela met with the FMF. Whatever happened in that meeting...they've now released a statement saying he will NOT play in the World Cup.

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/aspx/WEB_DetalleNoticia.aspx?pnIDNtca=41988

I don't follow the Mexican NT, but I saw you guys talking about Vela and not accepting his call up for WC 2014...

I read this

"Only 23 players will go to Brazil. The majority of them are fortunate to go to Brazil. Some of them have lived and suffered thorugh qualifying and it is not fair for me to take one of their spots."

Is there something more to it?

Vela is accused of acting like a prima donna. They are rumors that he asked for a lot to play for El Tri & then he apparently did some interview with a Spanish Spanish accent not a Mexican Spanish accent which drew the ire of many El Tri supporters...

edit - I forgot to add that some accuse Vela of not having the cojones to play El Tri... Can't bear the weight of expectations that would be placed on him...

Last edited:
Ivanovic...

03-02-2014-GifNumber-120.gif

Back
Top Bottom