The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

1182.gif

What a game. The lineup suggested Chelsea parking the bus, but they came to play. Mou proved me wrong today

Matic :pimp: dude was a man in midfield today.

yaya is getting so lazy on the defensive front.. he has become too reliant on Fernandinho. and deff should have been a red, scoreline didn't reflect the game IMO.

Last edited:
What a game. The lineup suggested Chelsea parking the bus, but they came to play. Mou proved me wrong today

There was a certain someone who said before the match that this wasn't a "park the bus" lineup and that it was a great choice by Jose.

But nobody on here wanted to listen to that someone and made fun of him. Welp. :nerd:

That Liverpool v Arsenal game is CRUCIAL now...considering both teams form, and the run of games they have...

looks like Pellegrini got his lineup wrong to start the match with both Dzeko and Negredo, and Mou got his spot on.

Last edited:

There was a certain someone who said before the match that this wasn't a "park the bus" lineup and that it was a great choice by Jose.

But nobody on here wanted to listen to that someone and made fun of him. Welp. :nerd:

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

You called it man, my hats off to you. Either way I think we both win

Some of you guys mentioned Matic, but Luiz played well today in the midfield too. That holding role seems to suit him...

Last edited:
Gary Neville says Jose Mourinho has once again proved he is the best manager in the world at affecting big football matches.

SkySports

The Chelsea manager masterminded a huge 1-0 victory at Manchester City on Monday night, ending their prefect Premier League home record in the process and taking his side level on points with their opponents, two behind leaders Arsenal.

Sky Sports expert Neville praised the way Mourinho set up his team to nullify the threat of the title favourites and said that even his demeanour on the touchline had an impact on the result.

"He doesn't mind us praising him does Jose Mourinho. He loves the attention of big matches," he said on Monday Night Football.

"You saw him tonight and he was like the conductor of the orchestra. He walks out at the start of the match and sits on the bench before his team have even come out.

"He comes alive on big match days and that's what the best managers do. He is the best in the world at the moment at affecting big matches, absolutely brilliant.

"He thinks about every small detail, things that I don't think many would think of because he's been around the block. He's shrewd, he's smart and he calls it on.

"He's good and he knows he's good."

Way

Mourinho chose to sell Juan Mata to Manchester United in January and many were surprised by his treatment of the man who'd won Chelsea's Player of the Season award for the last two years. But Neville says the manager is starting to put his stamp on the team and an important aspect of his success this season has been using wide players who are willing to work hard; something he feels is increasingly common at Europe's top clubs.

"You can see the way in which Jose Mourinho is taking this team," he added.

"You can see it in this last month or so; Willian and Hazard have energy, desire, power and strength. We are seeing it with our eyes. Tonight he left Oscar out because he's got players in the team like Ramires who was big tonight.

"When you put a world-class centre-forward in that team, which I'm sure Chelsea will do in the summer, you have got a real top-class team on your hands.

"Jose Mourinho has said they are not quite there yet and thinks Manchester City are still ahead of them; I can't disagree with him, but they're not far behind. They are coming on the right lines - for what he wants anyway.

"Would he tolerate a David Silva? I don't think he would. You see Willian and Hazard and the way in which they work and the work of Ramires tonight. I think Chelsea were brilliant all night.

"Full-backs have got to be wingers and wingers have got to be full-backs. There's no excuse any more. There is too much evidence in the way the game is going to say 'we will have a luxury player on the left or right'. Unfortunately not - not at the top level.

"There's a lot of evidence in the last 12 months, watching Dortmund and watching Munich and tonight with Chelsea; that's the way the game is going."

Favourites

Despite the victory, Mourinho claimed after the match that his side are not ready to win the title this season, but should be considered as favourites next year.

Mourinho plays down title talk
And while Neville agreed Chelsea could suffer for the lack of a top-class striker - Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba have scored just 11 Premier League goals between them so far - he says they are not far behind City.

He said: "I have a tendency not to believe a word Jose Mourinho says, but I actually believe him. I think the odds reflect where it probably still is at. In his mind there's that niggling doubt that he's just that little bit short.

"He was criticised earlier in the season for parking the bus in big matches, but his team are now starting to play very well in big matches and his journey is on an upward curve.

"His team are getting better, you are starting to see Mourinho-like performances but is he going to fall that little bit short?

"The bookies suggest he is and I think he possibly might because of that lack of a devastating centre-forward."

By Rob Dawson 27 Comments
Anderson: Lots of United players 'want out'
3 Feb 2014 13:34
Brazilian midfielder claims other members of David Moyes' squad are looking to leave Old Trafford after he sealed his own move to Italy.

Share on printShare on email

Anderson has claimed a number of his former Manchester United team-mates want to follow him out of the Old Trafford exit.

The Brazilian midfielder signed for Serie A side Fiorentina during the January transfer window.

And the 25-year-old claims 'lots' of United's squad - including Portuguese winger Nani - 'want out'.

Anderson said: "I'm sure that lots of players want out, especially players like myself and Nani who have been in Manchester for seven or eight years.

"Manchester United is a huge club, a club that does everything for its players but sometimes a footballer wants to leave just to experience a different way to play football, to learn something as well."

View gallery Getty
""""""""""
Anderson, Manchester United
View gallery

Anderson joined Fiorentina on loan for the rest of the season.

And he revealed he's keen to permanently end his six-and-a-half year stay at United in the summer.

He added: "I am grateful to be here to try and win as many titles as I have in Manchester. Definitely I want to stay here.

"Playing in Manchester was great, it's a prestigious club with a lot of history but I've been there 7 or 8 years and I'm grateful to be here to show Fiorentina what I can do and fight for a spot in the starting lineup.

"I'd like to thanks Manchester United fans for their love but I'm here to stay."

Well spank my a-- and call me Charlie. Ugh at that Munich gif. Well tuned German War Machine

100+ goals and all those thrashings they've handed out...i'm gonna laugh my *** off if City don't win the league...

How ugly will it get if Man U don't make CL?

i'm not sure what you meant by "ugly",but as a fan i'm honestly alright with it...
matter of fact Utd could stay out of Europe totally,i'd still be cool...

maybe it's better for Moyes that way,to concentrate on building his own team and focus solely on the league...

financially they'll lose out big time,of course...but Utd's not really a broke club so i guess they'll be fine...

Back
Top Bottom