The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

No Luiz to Barca please... Please...

Cavani to Arsenal? :nerd:

Love transfer rumors, but please no Luiz...

Last edited:
Fulham fans must be livid....

New ownership
3 new managers
A new league (Championship)

all in one season :smh: :x

Pulis has brought his boys up to 11th...

That is one hell of feat...we can talk about Liverpool blowing the title....but just a few weeks ago, we were saying Palace were going back to the championship.

Really great turn of events for them...

With the upset tie with 'Pool, I think Pulis deserves the manager of the year award.

I fully agree.

What he's done with those limited resources, and even brought in key impact players like Ince, has been great.

Surely manager of the season

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and put it out there...

The moment saw this goal, I knew there wouldn't be a better one this whole season....

Surely this has to be the EPL goal of the season....

if City somehow blow the title I'll cry 
mean.gif

Looks like Aguero is out for the Villa match...

Yo Coupe, whatchu think?

The Portuguese giants have hired the former Spain Under-21 coach on a three-year deal following the departure of Paulo Fonseca

Porto have announced the appointment of Julen Lopetegui as head coach, with the Spaniard joining the club on a three-year contract.

The Portuguese giants have endured a disappointing campaign under Paulo Fonseca, losing their domestic crown to rivals Benfica while failing to reach the final of either domestic cup and suffering a European exit at the hands of Sevilla.

Former Real Madrid, Barcelona and Rayo Vallecano goalkeeper Lopetegui has replaced Fonseca, who was relieved of duties in March after a string of poor results which included his side's first home league defeat in five years at the end of February.

The 47-year-old has recently been in charge of Spain's national youth teams and has guided the Under-19 and U21 sides to European Championship glory in 2012 and 2013 respectively.

"It is a pleasure and a great honour to be at this club and to defend their magnificent history,2 he was quoted as saying by Uefa.com.

"We will begin by evaluating what happened this season and only after that will we start taking decisions, but we have a philosophy and we want to pass it to the players. We want to challenge in every competition, in every game. And we want players that share that desire."

Porto, having earned 58 points from 29 games, are currently third in the Primeira Liga with one game left to play.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/05/06/4799549/porto-appoint-lopetegui-as-new-boss

Last edited:

Muller to united? Wtf? Van gaal in everybody's ear

We will take Luiz if chelsea wants to dump him.

Looks like giggs is coming on today as a player/coach. Can't wait.

Muller to united? Wtf? Van gaal in everybody's ear

We will take Luiz if chelsea wants to dump him.

Looks like giggs is coming on today as a player/coach. Can't wait.

:smokin

I'm seeing stories flying around about Muller x Reus x even seen Cavani to United.

Even though it's silly season, and the rumors are going to be flying around, one good thing to know, there are players around the world, who would want to play under LVG.

If Wenger and co were smart, they'd fly the brinks truck over to Cavani.

The one thing that I don't like about van Gaal coming to United or any big club for that matter is that he's so arrogant & his age brings about a refusal to evolve or adapt. If something doesn't work you will see him stubborning try to fit square pegs into round holes. Look at Wenger & other managers of that age. I hate to sound ageist but his last several stops have all ended badly & he hasn't changed or evolved. I'm interested to see how Rooney & van Gaal get along should he get the job... I think his hire is a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
De Gea Valencia Jones Smalling Büttner Carrick Fellaini Kagawa Januzaj Lawrence Wilson.

Amos Vidic M. Keane Mata Giggs Young Van Persie

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Don't know what to think, I don't know the dude. But like most Porto managers who come in, I never know what they're about lol. They have to show me.

I'm not excited that a Spaniard is going to manage Porto, but judging by his last name he's probably Basque, so that's okay with me. What has he done with Spain U-21? They won the World Cup right?

I can't wait for Giggs to come on,

random, but my pops went back to White Hart Lane today for the first time in almost 35 years. I was so happy for him.

Props to Giggs for giving the youngsters a chance.

Can't wait to see Powell given a chance as well upon return.

Props needs to goto Steve Bruce as well...

Some how, he's managed to get Hull into Europe already.

Had a fantastic season.

Back
Top Bottom