The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

If there's one thing I always like seeing, its young players getting playing time. Even if it is for a rival :lol:

Nice thing about youth, is that they're not shy to have a go.

They run at defenders, try and beat their man, take a shot on goal...good example right now is Barkley.

The one thing that I don't like about van Gaal coming to United or any big club for that matter is that he's so arrogant & his age brings about a refusal to evolve or adapt. If something doesn't work you will see him stubborning try to fit square pegs into round holes. Look at Wenger & other managers of that age. I hate to sound ageist but his last several stops have all ended badly & he hasn't changed or evolved. I'm interested to see how Rooney & van Gaal get along should he get the job... I think his hire is a disaster waiting to happen.

I hear you 100%. But the issue is this. Who else right now is available that could bring quality players in, that has the ability to bring in youth, that can nip egos in the butt, play with tactics that are actually usable in Europe?

There's no one else right now available, and it's VERY clear that Moyes just wasn't the man for the job. Every single week things got worse with him, so it's not like they could just ride out another season.

Same in la liga. Each atletico and RM had chances to literally run away with the title and both choke. If barca wins [emoji]128534[/emoji]

Yeah like we didnt choke it away by losing to Getafe. We deserve it more. We beat RM in La Liga. Barca hasnt lost to RM or Atletico in la liga.

If there's one thing I always like seeing, its young players getting playing time. Even if it is for a rival :lol:
yup,especially academy players...
Chelsea had some standout youngsters in that Youth Cup final win yesterday,no?
Yeah, Loftus-Cheek is the "star" of the batch but Solanke, Musonda, Christensen all show some real promise too. I don't get to see much of them unfortunately but I do hope they break the trend of our younger guys not getting much of a chance within the squad, in due time.

The one thing that I don't like about van Gaal coming to United or any big club for that matter is that he's so arrogant & his age brings about a refusal to evolve or adapt. If something doesn't work you will see him stubborning try to fit square pegs into round holes. Look at Wenger & other managers of that age. I hate to sound ageist but his last several stops have all ended badly & he hasn't changed or evolved. I'm interested to see how Rooney & van Gaal get along should he get the job... I think his hire is a disaster waiting to happen.

I hear you 100%. But the issue is this. Who else right now is available that could bring quality players in, that has the ability to bring in youth, that can nip egos in the butt, play with tactics that are actually usable in Europe?

There's no one else right now available, and it's VERY clear that Moyes just wasn't the man for the job. Every single week things got worse with him, so it's not like they could just ride out another season.

Truth be told, I hope he proves me wrong. It will be interesting to see him bring his brand of footy to the Prem. He favors a 4-3-3 & I wonder if Rooney & RvP can both fit. Also Mata would most likely have to play a deeper play making role.

Truth be told, I hope he proves me wrong. It will be interesting to see him bring his brand of footy to the Prem. He favors a 4-3-3 & I wonder if Rooney & RvP can both fit. Also Mata would most likely have to play a deeper play making role.
can have him play same way he employs sneijder for holland.. sits him right in front of 2 mid fielders , which is ideal for juan as they would provide him coverage to go forward, bigger question is who are those midfielders?

^ The only good thing so far... at least he's trying to make things happen... everyone else has been kinda meh.  Can't get anything in the final-third.

WILSON... on a hattrick!  

Great, weighted pass by Adnan... to which Fellaini passed it to the keeper... 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom