The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

It's funny that the united supporters have been here all season but the spurs ones are MIA :lol:

DistinctGivingAmurratsnake.gif

HauntingSparklingFox.gif

ConstantBeneficialGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

VibrantDecimalBarb.gif

i8X40EQNuoAPh.gif

Meh, Liverpool should have won it.

What wouldn't we hear the end of if Liverpool won it Eiddy?

I still think it's an underwhelming season for City btw. It's time for European advancement.
Chelsea really should have won it. Took the most points out of the top teams. beat City and liverpool twice. no team really made a case for being the "best" though. city just finished on top.

Would be great if he stayed in Holland

American Exports: Clubs from Dutch Eredivisie lining up for signature of USMNT forward Juan Agudelo
MAY 11, 2014
Greg Seltzer
MLSsoccer.com

Reddit
Email
Comments

Courtesy of FC Utrecht
AMSTERDAM – Multiple Eredivisie clubs are among the European crowd already lining up for a shot at free agent forward Juan Agudelo, who has mutually terminated his Stoke City pact after a second work permit denial by the UK Home Office on Friday.

Sources in the Netherlands have confirmed to MLSsoccer.com that the 21-year-old US international, fresh off a loan stint with FC Utrecht, has considerable interest around a league well-known for shaping attackers. It is not yet known if the Galgenwaard Stadion club are among those who intend an attempt at signing Agudelo on a permanent deal.

The New York Red Bulls academy product, who joined Stoke in January after running out of contract with the New England Revolution, notched three goals and three assists in 14 Eredivisie matches to help Utrecht maintain their regular place in the top flight. After the first work permit rejection with Stoke, Agudelo also had loan interest from league rivals FC Twente and NEC Nijmegen, among others.

Despite the relative lack of US caps that forced the youngster to seek a UK work permit appeal, he is currently sweating the announcement of Jurgen Klinsmann's 30-man pre-World Cup camp roster on Monday. Agudelo is widely considered a bubble candidate in a deep forward pool, but may have revived some hope with a Man-of-the-Match show in his last loan game for Utrecht.

Chelsea really should have won it. Took the most points out of the top teams. beat City and liverpool twice. no team really made a case for being the "best" though. city just finished on top.

have to agree..

was this posted?

Sherwood apparently picked a fan out the crowd and let him manage for 20 mins.. when asked if the fan was in the running for the job.. he replied " no chance, he's english"

So what are the permutations for the final-week of LaLiga?
As we speak,

Atletico: 89 points

Barca: 86 points

Barca has to win next week to tie Atletico and then will win la liga off of the tie breaker.  someone correct me if im wrong but the tie breaker is not by goal differential but head to head.  Atleti and Barca drew earlier this year in the first meeting.

Real Madrid & Ancelotti seem like they didn't care about winning the league today :lol:

If they won they would have had a good shot next week. What was Ancelotti doing? That Decima has taken over all logic at the club. They choked big time down the stretch in La Liga. You have to play the top players.

Last edited:

have to agree..

All of this "should have won it" talk always makes me laugh. Always said the team that should have won it, is the team that won the most games. Taking points off the top is fantastic, but losing to a bottom of the table Sunderland at home shows a teams inconsistency. Chelsea lost more crucial games, as did Liverpool, than City did. Hence City should and has won it.

Being the best is the team that consistently wins, and I think City proved that (have we forgotten their 102 goals? them winning derbys? Them winning big and small matches?).

Last edited:
All of this "should have won it" talk always makes me laugh. Always said the team that should have won it, is the team that won the most games. Taking points off the top is fantastic, but losing to a bottom of the table Sunderland at home shows a teams inconsistency. Chelsea lost more crucial games, as did Liverpool, than City did. Hence City should and has won it.

Being the best is the team that consistently wins, and I think City proved that (have we forgotten their 102 goals? them winning derbys? Them winning big and small matches?).

well we obviously have a difference of opinions.. i don't think city have ever justified their spending, both titles coming on the last day after spending more than everyone else.. should have won titles with more ease IMO, but then again I hate the club/ and most of their supporters.. this thread was great reflection of etihad stadium.. barely any supporters until today :smh:

well we obviously have a difference of opinions.. i don't think city have ever justified their spending, both titles coming on the last day after spending more than everyone else.. should have won titles with more ease IMO, but then again I hate the club/ and most of their supporters.. this thread was great reflection of etihad stadium.. barely any supporters until today :smh:

:lol:

BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Man Utd make £27m bid for Southampton's Luke Shaw. Jim White Live Now on Sky Sports News. #SSN

and the rebuilding begins :smokin

So Atletico only need a draw to win the league. All they have to do is NOT lose to Barca.

But when they park the bus I expect to hear all of you crying and moaning about them doing it the same way you did when Chelsea did it.

View media item 965379
god i love this club and its supporters

eiddyfouw eiddyfouw i am torn because i would like reus but i don't see us getting both .. hopefully the fact we have been able to do business in the past will benefit us..

:lol: and look what that business got us? Klopp frustrated with Kagawa being wasted.

Getting both would be out of the question.

I don't see Reus moving (maybe they can try and throw Kagawa into the deal to help sway things, but I still don't see it happening...)

well we obviously have a difference of opinions.. i don't think city have ever justified
their spending, both titles coming on the last day after spending more than everyone else.. should have won titles with more ease IMO, but then again I hate the club/ and most of their supporters.. this thread was great reflection of etihad stadium.. barely any supporters until today :smh:
With ease or no ease 2 titles is 2 titles. Most, if not all of Chelsea's wins against the top teams werent "with ease" but those wins are justified but City winning the league isnt? :lol:

Last edited:
i think we have a shot with reus because i think we offer him more long term then dortmund... yes they have cl footie but lets be honest bundesliga is a one horse race and dortmund don't have the financial clout to make consistent runs in the cl, especially when their best players keep getting cherry picked.. klopp can find them talent, but look at porto... eventually you suffer from selling everyone even if you bring on replacement players they need time to adjust.. i like dortmund and would say they are better then the current united team but i can also see the appeal of playing for another club

Back
Top Bottom