The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Carrick is 32 years old. He doesn't provide enough creativity or pace either.

nah...
his age is irrelevant,and pace has never been a main attribute of his game anyway...
Carrick has composure,able to read the game and distributes the ball well...

i know Carrick won't be in the starting eleven 'cos Gerrard has played so well in a deep-lying role for 'Pool this season...
but he's still not a bad player to have on the bench...

Last edited:
Carrick is 32 years old. He doesn't provide enough creativity or pace either.

nah...
his age is irrelevant,and pace has never been a main attribute of his game anyway...
Carrick has composure,able to read the game and distributes the ball well...

i know Carrick won't be in the starting eleven 'cos Gerrard has played so well in a deep-lying role for 'Pool this season...
but he's still not a bad player to have on the bench...

I read somewhere he wasn't keen for the Euro's cause he would have had to come off the bench.

Sporting's boss Leonardo Jardim is set to join Monaco.
Bayer Leverkusen has signed Josip Drmic for 4.9m. Its a steal since Nurnberg has been relagated. Was hoping that we signed him, what a talent

Last edited:
Sooo, Hummels it is then?

Sandra Goldschmidt ‏@SanBorussia 15h
Marco Reus in Kicker: I can definitely say that i will play for Dortmund next season. I don't have to keep stressing how well I feel here.

Sandra Goldschmidt ‏@SanBorussia 15h
Marco Reus: After playing 10 years in the youth here I had to go a step back via Ahlen and Mönchengladbach to make two steps forward. #BVB

I am glad city won. Not even gonna go into who i think "deserved to win" they finished at the top and not by goal differential...sooo they did :lol:
It was cool to see all the players with their kids on the pitch after the games though.

Bnb9wUYIIAAcWgR.jpg:large

Phil Jones looks PS'd... 

Last edited:
Something about that phil jones pic doesn't seem right. Like it was someone else and they just shopped his face on.

Last edited:
OMG what the heck has glen johnson done (especially/specifically this campaign) to deserve a spot on the NT?!?!!! He shouldn't even be playing on a championship level team let alone a prem team... :lol: Hodgson...

:smh: €39 million for David Luiz?! Chelsea is making out like they just purchased Manhattan from the Lenape indians... What in the world is Zubi & company thinking? I'd rather spend much less money & get Bilboa's Aymeric Laporte or Porto's Eliaquim Mangala....

I suspect this is the first of many post-season sackings....

WBAFCofficialVerified account
‏@WBAFCofficial
West Bromwich Albion have parted company with Pepe Mel by mutual consent #wba

Aww that was really cool of Samaras (& I think Lennon for giving him a medal)... Samaras has known the kid for a lil bit..

:lol: @ West Brom... West Brom gonna West Brom... Clarke & Pepe Mel did the best they could with that squad...

Last edited:
:lol: @ West Brom... West Brom gonna West Brom... Clarke & Pepe Mel did the best they could with that squad...

West Brom's season in a nutshell...

Marvel as one of the club's biggest ever name signings, Nicholas Anelka, takes several months of sulking to score 1 goal, then celebrates it by acting like a Nazi sympathising racist and getting himself banned, and sacked. Watch as Pepe Mel fails to win a game for what seems like an eternity, while the board back him by publicly admitting that they think he might be a bit rubbish. Become gradually more confused as West Brom move slowly away from the relegation zone, despite the fact you can't remember ever seeing them win a game. Then become even more confused when you try to remember how it was again that West Brom got into the premiership in the first place.

Verdict: 6/10 It's West Brom. Anything that isn't being soundly relegated is always going to have to rank as some level of achievement.

:rofl: :smh:

Wow a 6/10 grade for West Brom? :x That seems unusually high...

What's funny if the club has the "we're just happy to be here" vibe & they sacked 2 ok managers...

Last edited:
Wow a 6/10 grade for West Brom? :x That seems unusually high...

What's funny if the club has the "we're just happy to be here" vibe & they sacked 2 ok managers...

It wasnt written by an official published source...just a dude who writes some funny but honest reviews on prem clubs.

Chelsea:

The mighty Mourinho has returned. The man who insufferable football nerds and disgruntled United fans will hail as a managerial and charismatic god in the face of any evidence whatsoever to the contrary.

Witness as he dispels claims of him being boring with:

- Unecessarilly long post match interviews in which he recounts the entire game you've just watched, play by pay, for no reason

- Prolonged unexplained sulking

- 0-0 draws

- Especially uneventful and drab 0-0 draws, in games which both teams needed to win in order to mathematically keep their season alive

- Unprovoked, indirect digs at Arsene Wenger, which no one, including Arsene Wenger, could care less about

Gasp in awe at ingenious managerial tactics, such as:

- Falling out with his best player and selling him to a different club

- Falling out with his remaining best player and slagging him off in public

- Repeated telling everyone in public that his players are too #$^ to win the league

- Spending all summer trying to sign a player he had no chance of ever signing, then signing someone much less good at the last-minute, then getting caught slagging them off in public

- Stating he's going to build his team around a particular player, then dropping them halfway through the season

Mourinho has Mourinho'd Chelsea so much, that they've become the best team in the world at stopping other teams from winning, to the point that it's even extended to stopping themselves from winning. Chelsea also have so many of the same, vague type of attacking player, that they actually managed to name nearly an entire team of players against Manchester United who were playing in the same position...and yet still no one really knows exactly what that position is.

Thought: I wonder what Chelsea fans would think of their manager after this season if his name was Rafa Benitez?

Verdict: 6/10 - A trophyless season of boredom glossed over as apparently being a success because it's what Mourinho said would happen, even though it was his job to make sure it didn't.

Oh gawd... the Ibis reply... :lol:

That's true about Rafa though...

Damn a Zenit ultra punched Dinamo player Vladimir Granat in the loss yesterday... :smh:

t

Last edited:
I'm still pissed at how RM finished La liga season. Its great they won the cup and are playing in the cl final but damn, its crazy to me

Back
Top Bottom