The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm hoping he works with the B team as much as Pep did. We wont know what his plan is until he starts calling them up next season. 

So with Deulofeu coming back, i think Tello, Afellay, and Cuenca are gonzo. I really hope Alexis doesn't leave, BUT, if the Juventus interest gets going, then should try to get Vidal somehow in a cash plus player swap.

Everton better start buying if they want to make another real push next season.

Beto, Patrício, Eduardo

André Almeida,Pepe, Fábio Coentrão, João Pereira, Bruno Alves, Neto, Ricardo Costa

Moutinho, Veloso, Ruben Amorim, Raúl Meireles, William Carvalho, Rafa, Cristiano Ronaldo, Éder, Hélder Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Nani, Varela, Vieirinha

Last edited:
wow@ Quaresma getting cut, but Almeida and Postiga still being on the roster. Any of us could go on the pitch and have the same effect as those two. At least Quaresma has the potential to show up in games. It's a miracle when the other do anything productive

Last edited:
Varela instead of Quaremsa has to be a joke. Un*****believable. Quaresma has to be the most hated player of all time with managers.

What a joke. Quaresma is game changer, could have came in as a super-sub. What the hell is Varela going to do :smh:

I'm ******* angry man >:

I'm afraid that this WC is gonna be a repeat of the last one. Our strong defense and good midfielders will keep us in games, but no one can score, and Ronaldo will be shooting from 30 yards out trying to save the team

Last edited:
Does Paulo Bento hate Quaresma or something?

and i guess the better question... why the hell is Paulo Bento still coaching this team? He picks damn near the same team every time and they unsurprisingly have damn near the same results every time :lol:

Quaresma has a bad reputation; he was one of Portugal's biggest talents but was a complete @#$@$. No one likes him. His semi-comeback this year is being ignored even though there's such a huge lack of attacking talent on the team :smh:.

I HATE Bento's tactics and team selection

Last edited:
Yeah i agree with ya'll. we all know Q is a headcase but hes too talented to be left off when the firepower outside of cristiano is wack

******* Bento, what a wack job. I'm sill super pissed man wtf.

Still don't get it man!!! Has he seen Varela play???? What will he bring to the table!!!! Rafa and viewings I understand but Varela is so typical and a joke

^^^^^^
roll.gif
roll.gif
^^^^^^

everybody going crazy because the gypsy was left off.  i dont think i've ever seen a player equally loathed and loved at the same time by its own fans.  i would've liked to see him on the squad for all the reasons you guys mentioned but he's alsoa ticking timebomb.  i really thought he was going to included seeing as how he was included in the euro2012 squad and was having a little career revival.  oh well...  maybe someone gets hurt and pulls out. 

But please God, dont let Ronaldo and Pepe get hurt this weekend and have them sit out the three friendlies to be rested.

Last edited:
Want to know what the Portuguese national team should do? Stop hiring and staffing all these god damn Sportingistas & Benficistas. Seriously it's a joke. Nothing but Lisbon based coaching and staff on the NT, year after year. With there stupid decision making. ******* morons.

Nani & Varela. It can't be true. One of them should personally stand down.

Nani and Varela pure jokes they are on this squad. Ok fine Nani has talent etc. but he has barely played this year and Quaresma I thought was fantastic for Porto. I guess the only thing you can hope for at this point is one of those two get hurt and Quaresma gets called back. Although I don't wish injuries upon anyone

I can't remember the last time I've seen Nani have a positive impact for Man United or Portugal. early 2011 maybe? Bento's team selection makes it seem like Portugal is a talentless country outside of Ronaldo, Moutinho, and our defense. You can seriously go and pick some some players from mid level Primeira teams that would help the team more than Nani, Varela, Postiga, Almeida, etc

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but has Quaresma made some sort of resurgence? I haven't heard his name since his Inter days, and even then, aside from having an unreal highlight tape he wasn't very productive.

He's sorta had a comeback this year at Porto. I wouldn't say he's a world class player or anything, but he's definitely good enough to be on the national team. He's a much more impactful player than the bunch of useless bodies that are going to Brasil. Can't wait to see Nani give up possession over and over again since he thinks he's Ronaldo :pimp:

Last edited:
Gotcha, nowadays it's crazy to think that in their youth some scouts believed Quaresma to have more talent than Ronaldo. But I feel your pain, being Argentinian I look at some of our selections and cringe, we know there's better talent out there.

Last edited:
Gotcha, nowadays it's crazy to think that in their youth some scouts believed Quaresma to have more talent than Ronaldo. But I feel your pain, being Argentinian I look at some of our selections and cringe, we know there's better talent out there.

Its really not the farfetched man. What it came down too was how the two of them would handle the pressure and how hard they worked to become great. Cristiano had it all.

Back
Top Bottom