The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I want Athletico to get the double, but the injuries are make it next to impossible.

If there is one team that can overcome their star striker not being available it's Cholo's Atleti side.

Most teams would've folded at Camp Nou once their star striker (Costa) & one of their star midfielders (Turan) went out with injury especially once Barca scored but Atleti played courageously & roared back to tie. They dominated the match really.

There isn't a team that is mentally stronger than Atleti & that's the one weakness Real Madrid has. If they don't score first & allow Atleti to dictate tempo, I think Real will lose. They're capable of playing beautifully & strongly, but they also have too many players that tend to sulk once things don't go their way.

Speaking of Turan, here is Nike's new Magista ad featuring Turan.

Last edited:
England Official Squad Numbers.

1. Joe Hart
2. Glen Johnson
3. Leighton Baines
4. Steven Gerrard
5. Gary Cahill
6. Phil Jagielka
7. Jack Wilshere
8. Frank Lampard
9. Daniel Sturridge
10. Wayne Rooney
11. Daniel Welbeck
12. Chris Smalling
13. Ben Foster
14. Jordan Henderson
15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
16. Phil Jones
17. James Milner
18. Rickie Lambert
19. Raheem Sterling
20. Adam Lallana
21. Ross Barkley
22. Fraser Forster
23. Luke Shaw

The summer must be the most uneasy time for a Man City player. One minute you're coming off a career year, the next you're looking at a spot on the bench after a blockbuster signing.

I just got an ESPN alert that says Kroos is officially no longer a Man U target for LVG per a "team source"

And PSK, YES, Gooners expect Arsenal to make some big (or even decent/solid) signings this summer. Arsene's job was in jeopardy and that First trophy in 9 years has us hungry for more... To compete with the Oil/$$$ teams we have NO CHOICE but to shore up. WE only finished 7 points from First, And barring all our injuries we could've competed for the title... There's NO WAY we dont make some quality signings this summer...

I fixed the password, initially put a space between Niketalk & 7 but I corrected it.

For anyone who was having issues, my bad. Once again, Password is: Niketalk7

I just got an ESPN alert that says Kroos is officially no longer a Man U target for LVG per a "team source"

And PSK, YES, Gooners expect Arsenal to make some big (or even decent/solid) signings this summer. Arsene's job was in jeopardy and that First trophy in 9 years has us hungry for more... To compete with the Oil/$$$ teams we have NO CHOICE but to shore up. WE only finished 7 points from First, And barring all our injuries we could've competed for the title... There's NO WAY we dont make some quality signings this summer...

I'm intrigued by the possibility of Vela coming back to the Gunners. Outside of his diva behavior & being the typical mercurial striker (persona wise), he's a very technically sound forward/striker. He can play up front alone & he can play out wide. He's been very versatile for Sociedad.

I remember when they played Barca, he did an outstanding job of warding off Busquets and Masch all game. I know one can look at that as not being an accomplishment. :rolleyes :lol:

Doubtful. Skybet was at 1/4 yesterday, today's it's at 1/6. It's a lock. Sanga was 1/7 yesterday, he just signed. Shaw is at 1/20 (lock). Fabregas is at 5/6 for united. Everything looking good for the Red Devils.

joined the group, didnt ask me for a password

also, dont see the point of a separate WC thread i mean this is the ULTIMATE soccer thread

Last edited:
joined the group, didnt ask me for a password

also, dont see the point of a separate WC thread i mean this is the ULTIMATE soccer thread

WC time usually draws in a lot more fans and some people who don't normally watch soccer. It's good to have a separate thread because it doesn't flood this thread with international talk, can draw in more fans who are simply more focused on the WC, and keeps things organized. It's a good idea. Think most people would disagree with you my man.

The NFL and NBA have multiple separate threads for different events. Think we should do so.

DONE DEAL: Bacary Sagna completes medical at Man City and agrees mega three-year deal, where he will earn 150k a week.
F**K.

Not that it's happened historically but do Gooners expect Arsenal to make some kind of big splash in the transfer market this summer?
No. Fresco made a point that we finished 7 points off winning the league with a rash of injuries (again). Which is why I don't think Wenger makes a huge splash in the market. Maybe a new RB cause Jenkinson is trash. But nothing like another 42M signing. [Arsene] "We were 7 points off, this squad can take 1st if not for unlucky injuries." [/Arsene] Like all Arsenal fans I'm hoping for a new striker, but is anyone REALLY expecting Wenger to buck the trend? [emoji]128533[/emoji]

I've always said clubs shouldn't buy Dortmund players but instead should buy whoever they'd buy if one of their players were bought & Atletico Madrid might be another one of those clubs... Looks like they're interested in an Argentine striker from San Lorenzo whose 19, Angel Correa. I've seen him play a couple of times when I'm able to catch the Copa Libertadores. He's decent from what I can recall... The hang up is San Lorenzo wants a piece of any future sale of Correa.

Last edited:
I've always said clubs shouldn't buy Dortmund players but instead should buy whoever they'd buy if one of their players were bought & Atletico Madrid might be another one of those clubs... Looks like they're interested in an Argentine striker from San Lorenzo whose 19, Angel Correa. I've seen him play a couple of times when I'm able to catch the Copa Libertadores. He's decent from what I can recall... The hang up is San Lorenzo wants a piece of any future sale of Correa.

San Lorenzo supporter here. Correa is very talented, can be inconsistent but the potential is definitely there.

Back
Top Bottom