The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

F**K.
No. Fresco made a point that we finished 7 points off winning the league with a rash of injuries (again). Which is why I don't think Wenger makes a huge splash in the market. Maybe a new RB cause Jenkinson is trash. But nothing like another 42M signing. [Arsene] "We were 7 points off, this squad can take 1st if not for unlucky injuries." [/Arsene] Like all Arsenal fans I'm hoping for a new striker, but is anyone REALLY expecting Wenger to buck the trend? [emoji]128533[/emoji]

It would be pretty sad if he doesn't. I thought the main purpose behind the move to Puma was so that Arsene could make big signings in the market? As much as I like the guy and respect his history, his stubbornness to buy is ridiculous. This is the club with the highest ticket prices in the EPL, surely the fans deserve to see their money being spent to improve the team?

Yes Arsenal only finished 7 points from first with all those injuries, but it's only because the top 3 teams were in a contest to see who could @#$@ up the most in the final month and still win the league

Last edited:
Damn didn't know about Pepe potentially being out. He and Ramos were a mountain against Bayern.

Landon Donovan not on final 23 
nerd.gif

That's pretty surprising. I'd have guessed Klinsmann would include him for depth if nothing else.

Glad Donovan did not make the final 23.

On paper, he's arguably better than some of the guys going to Brazil, but he's a conservative pick, and I'd say we already have a pretty good idea of what kind of performance range he would have had both on the high and low end of the spectrum. Klinsmann seems to be betting on potential more than experience this WC, with the likes of Julian Green and Wondolowski being relatively riskier, but potentially more rewarding picks as well.

Glad Donovan did not make the final 23.

On paper, he's arguably better than some of the guys going to Brazil, but he's a conservative pick, and I'd say we already have a pretty good idea of what kind of performance range he would have had both on the high and low end of the spectrum. Klinsmann seems to be betting on potential more than experience this WC, with the likes of Julian Green and Wondolowski being relatively riskier, but potentially more rewarding picks as well.
The best US soccer player was me. I just stopped playing soccer at 14. To  think how many WC's I would have brought back hurts me. The only positive thing is my trial when I was 8 at Barca. They offered me a spot but I said **** that "Hala Madrid" and grabbed me a juice box.

Last edited:
The best US soccer player was me. I just stopped playing soccer at 14. To  think how many WC's I would have brought back hurts me. The only positive thing is my trial when I was 8 at Barca. They offered me a sport but I said **** that "Hala Madrid" and grabbed me a juice box.

LOL

Im pretty sure I could take you B

(Shots fired)

The best US soccer player was me. I just stopped playing soccer at 14. To  think how many WC's I would have brought back hurts me. The only positive thing is my trial when I was 8 at Barca. They offered me a spot but I said **** that "Hala Madrid" and grabbed me a juice box.

You let us down

Fifa film, starring Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter, is launched at Cannes
• United Passions stars Gérard Depardieu and Sam Neill
• Film about the ‘passionate mavericks’ of football administration

The judges at the Cannes film festival have often faced difficult decisions when it is time to decide upon the winner of the Palme d’Or. They will perhaps be grateful this year that a drama about the formation of Fifa – bankrolled by the world football body – has made it all the easier for them to wipe one entry from the list of possible winners.

Starring Tim Roth – the actor famous for playing the duplicitous Mr Orange in Reservoir Dogs – as Fifa’s current president Sepp Blatter, Gérard Depardieu as the World Cup creator Jules Rimet, and the New Zealand actor Sam Neill as Blatter’s predecessor João Havelange, it bills itself as the story of “a group of passionate European mavericks” who “join forces on an ambitious project: the Fédération Internationale de Football Association”. The trailer, however, largely depicts men in a boardroom discussing football administration.

The film cost a reported £19m to make, with Fifa said to have pumped £16m into the project, and flatteringly portrays Blatter, Rimet and Havelange as visionaries and icons of the global game. Blatter himself was reported to have tweaked the script.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/fifa-film-tim-roth-sepp-blatter#start-of-comments

ANNOUNCEMENT: Toni Kroos: "There were many speculations. But Manchester is and was a non-issue. I assume to be playing for Bayern next season." (bild.de)

Back
Top Bottom