The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Yeah I knew it was him. I've read that story years ago.

Ronaldo been lookin out for him since the jump.

feels.
already a Ronaldo fan but this is ******* dope......majority of athletes would've never made this known.....

About this....

"So turns out the mystery guy that Ronaldo gave a heartfelt hug to after the CL final was his brother Hugo Aveiro who has been struggling with alcoholism. Before the game, they had made a pact that if Ronaldo won the Champions, Hugo would give up the bottle.
According to the papers, during the embrace Ronaldo said ‘I fulfilled my part of the pact, so now you do yours: stop drinking’."

To our Spanish comrades in here, can you help translate what's going on in the video?

What is the point of fixing a friendly though? Are Scotland really that desperate? 
roll.gif

Never seen a moreblatant fix. Hopefully the keep got a few hundred k to a few million for that cuz its a wrap for him haha. career suicide

feels.
already a Ronaldo fan but this is ******* dope......majority of athletes would've never made this known.....
Wait hold up, this story has been around for years but you're telling me yall actually believe this wives tale? 
laugh.gif

My bad if this is an inside joke. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

feels.

Wait hold up, this story has been around for years but you're telling me yall actually believe this wives tale? :lol:

My bad if this is an inside joke. :lol:

wee-bey.gif

Speaking of betting, how **** is it that we can't bet anywhere here but in Vegas? With a little knowledge anyone could make stacks from betting on soccer. The Europeans have it too easy.

Speaking of betting, how **** is it that we can't bet anywhere here but in Vegas? With a little knowledge anyone could make stacks from betting on soccer. The Europeans have it too easy.
It's state law. Like in Nevada and New Jersey. I'm sure there are other states that have it legal too

What is the point of fixing a friendly though? Are Scotland really that desperate? 
roll.gif
do you understand how much fixing goes on in international friendlies and some of these lower leagues? 

I refuse to bet on it cause it is rampant.....asian leagues is filled with it 

sports betting is big business....my local bookie here is pulling over six figures easily and he only offers basketball and football...

Last edited:
Billionaire and NFL team owner Glazer died at 85

Malcolm Glazer, the self-made billionaire who owned English Premier League club Manchester United and the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has died. He was 85.

The Bucs said Glazer died Wednesday.

The reclusive Palm Beach businessman had been in failing health since April 2006 when a pair of strokes left him with impaired speech and limited mobility in his right arm and leg.

Glazer's unobtrusive management style helped transform the Bucs from a laughingstock into a model franchise that in 2003 won the Super Bowl 48-21 over the Oakland Raiders. He raised his profile with a $1.47 billion takeover of Manchester United that was bitterly opposed by fans of one of the world's richest soccer clubs in 2005.

http://news.yahoo.com/billionaire-nfl-team-owner-glazer-died-85-201335633.html

SIGNING: Atlético Madrid reach deal for San Lorenzo's Angel Correa (ClubAtleticodeMadrid)

I wonder if San Lorenzo get's a cut of any future transfer fee & if so how much?

You really have to admire how Atletico put together their roster on such limited funds. The partnership between the management team & Cholo is unreal. This is a club that's reported to have apprx €250 mill in debt. Other clubs like this in any league should take heed of what this Madrid club is doing.

San Lorenzo gets $8 million from the deal and 10% of any future transfer fee, Atleti is also letting us keep him for the rest of the Copa Libertadores after the World Cup.

Link: http://www.ole.com.ar/san-lorenzo/titulo_0_1146485409.html

Last edited:
I hope San Lorenzo win the Copa this year. Fun team to watch, andthe favorite team of none other than the Pope himself. :pimp:

Watching this Mexico vs Israel friendly. Probably the only time I'll root for Mexico

Mexico looking nice, thick, solid, tight :smokin

We'll see how the team manages against ecuador and portugal. Portugal should display a good challenge against El Tri. That goal by Fabian :x

This dude is gooood

just read torres article on espn. the love story with gerrard 
roll.gif
and the outcomes of trading individual glory in your prime years for trophies. man, he could been legend. 

Damn Paulo Sousa :lol: was Leicester manager for less than 3 months. He couldn't buy us a win.

Place was in turmoil because we sacked Nigel Pearson for this guy. Apparently was at the play off home leg vs Cardiff in 2010 while Pearson was in charge, as a special guest of the owner, Pearson realised what was going on, and jumped ship to Hull about a month later.

Thankfully the owners saw sense to bring him home :smokin now we're back in the Prem.

Oh and @psk I totally agree with you, it's a fact that can't be denied, unfortunately.

just read torres article on espn. the love story with gerrard :rofl: and the outcomes of trading individual glory in your prime years for trophies. man, he could been legend. 

No matter through all the jokes, i love el nino man. He was that dude i wanted to be playing like growing up haha. Wish he stayed at anfield :frown:

Praying he has a great WC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom