The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'm really getting excited about NYCFC, I'll have to put my ManU pride to the side and root for them. Might end up buying season tickets.

Until I got to college, I never met a single Latino that wasn't Mexican. When I think of the Spanish language I think of Mexico.

That's funny because I'm the complete opposite. Growing up I knew Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Colombians. Never had a Mexican friend. Then when I went off to college in Florida it was more Cubans in the area but also the international students I became friends with - not one Mexican.

America.

On the East Coast there's not that many Mexicans. A small amount in NY. There's a lot of Salvadorians as well.

Arsenal signed Loic Remy?!?
Looking that way tho

Apparently talks have been ongoing since April.
I think Remy moved from France too late in his career.

Luc Castaignos is headed to Swansea , they reached an aggreement with Twente.
I would llike to see Bony move to a club playing in the CL. Talented striker and had a good first season in the PL. He would be a good option for Everton if they can't get Lukaku, and they probably won't

Last edited:
Remy is not happening. He is not what we need and Wenger knows that. Latest rumors suggest we are lining up a 36mil bid for Fabregas. Been hearing about Vela, who would only be about 3mil due to a buyback clause, and Mandzukic for Arsenal as well.

Did anyone keep up with the German friendly against Cameroon? It was scoreless for the first half and now its 2-1 lol

edit: damb Choupo-Moting equalised 2-2!

Last edited:
Damn....no Ribery???????????? Terrible news. And yes, a call needs to be made to Sami asap

Remy is not happening. He is not what we need and Wenger knows that. Latest rumors suggest we are lining up a 36mil bid for Fabregas. Been hearing about Vela, who would only be about 3mil due to a buyback clause, and Mandzukic for Arsenal as well.

He does have qualities that Giroud lacks. They do compliment each other, they played very well together today.
Vela is a good player and for that price, why not. Buying Cesc doesn't make sense to me, especially since we have other issues to address. If he is on his way out, we either buy him or he guys to another club in the PL, forcing our hand a bit

Looks like Ribery will miss the WC with a back injury :smh: time to call in Nasri :lol:
Where will it end ? :smh:

Lacazette or Cabella will join. It will be a shame if Ribery does in fact miss it
I think Deschamps rather put himself in the squad than call on Nasri :lol:

Last edited:
Dem headers catching up with Ramos.

article-0-1E5A930700000578-358_634x630.jpg

Last edited:
He does have qualities that Giroud lacks. They do compliment each other, they played very well together today.
Vela is a good player and for that price, why not. Buying Cesc doesn't make sense to me, especially since we have other issues to address. If he is on his way out, we either buy him or he guys to another club in the PL, forcing our hand a bit
Lacazette or Cabella will join. It will be a shame if Ribery does in fact miss it
Arsenal plays a one striker formation and with Giroud we have strength, aerial ability, and his amazing little flick passes. With Remy we would have speed, slightly better finishing, and dribbling. Either way we lack something when one of them would play. We need to look for a world class striker, someone like Suarez.

Fabregas stated that he would never join another PL team if he left Arsenal. He loves the club and the fans. He is on his way out of Barca. Seems highly possible.

Arsenal plays a one striker formation and with Giroud we have strength, aerial ability, and his amazing little flick passes. With Remy we would have speed, slightly better finishing, and dribbling. Either way we lack something when one of them would play. We need to look for a world class striker, someone like Suarez.

Fabregas stated that he would never join another PL team if he left Arsenal. He loves the club and the fans. He is on his way out of Barca. Seems highly possible.

Giroud plays better with another striker. Remy can also play on the wings as well. Wenger playing with two strikers isn't completely out of the question. There will certainly be moments when we'll need to. Of course we need a world class striker. We can do better than Remy. Last summer we had a better chance of getting a world class striker, I don't think we will be as lucky this summer.

Like I said, with Cesc, it kind of forces our hand

just got home a little bit ago from the fire vs. galaxy game, a couple people tried to get a US Reject chant started when Landon was taking a corner the internets didnt like it but its all banter

Man City have agreed on a deal for Porto's midfielder Fernando.
City stay throwing money at mid level players. Should of used the money from the Sagna deal and this one to get Mangala from Porto instead of Fernando. 2 players we dont necessarily need. Demichilis will be a dinosaur next fall, Lescott will Lescott and Nastasic still needs more experience. But nah instead of getting another solid CB lets just buy another RB and defensive mid because we dont have enough already :stoneface:

Looks like Ribery will miss the WC with a back injury :smh: time to call in Nasri :lol:

I dunno, Ribery still might be getting his seat on the plane to Brazil. All teams submit final 23-man rosters by tomorrow's deadline and Deschamps has already said he wants to bring Ribery in the hopes that he recovers throughout the course of the tournament. Anyone's guess really.

Speaking of planes though...

France and Brazil's respective WC whips
View media item 1003587View media item 1003598

Not too sure what the window seat situation is looking like for Neymar and Co. :lol:

City stay throwing money at mid level players. Should of used the money from the Sagna deal and this one to get Mangala from Porto instead of Fernando. 2 players we dont necessarily need. Demichilis will be a dinosaur next fall, Lescott will Lescott and Nastasic still needs more experience. But nah instead of getting another solid CB lets just buy another RB and defensive mid because we dont have enough already :stoneface:

Agree, I seriously don't know what Man City are doing sometimes. So many stupid nonsense tranfers throught the years. I guess they got the money to pony up tho.

It seems like they just want crazy depth to compete for multiple trophies at once. They don't have to worry about players getting exhausted throughout the season, injuries, or players getting out of form.

You also can't target just anyone too when you want depth. You need to bring in players that'll still be happy they're getting paid if they aren't getting first team football.

Agree, I seriously don't know what Man City are doing sometimes. So many stupid nonsense tranfers throught the years. I guess they got the money to pony up tho.
They went after the mega stars in the summer of 2012 without luck. The following summer they learned their lesson and went after more realistic targets of Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas. Great players, but not exactly on top of every team's wishlist. They won the Premiership and advanced past the group stage in CL for the first time. I can see why they're sticking with this tactic.

Back
Top Bottom