The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

...and can we stop with the Belgium "sleeper team" stuff already. Nearly their entire squad plays for a Champions League squad. And the others (Fellaini, Benteke, etc.) aren't exactly playing in some far off land. If you've watched European football for more than a day, you know how much talent they have.

This. Articles about Belgium's talent have been springing up for years now, it isn't the best kept secret in football anymore.

...and can we stop with the Belgium "sleeper team" stuff already. Nearly their entire squad plays for a Champions League squad. And the others (Fellaini, Benteke, etc.) aren't exactly playing in some far off land. If you've watched European football for more than a day, you know how much talent they have.
THIS

and I've only been watching European football for about 4 hours compared to all you hipster footy lifers :lol:

Word. I play soccer and after each session, atleast one person spits out how Belgium is his sleeper pick in the WC. Like dude, go away lmao

Is there any credible source to Liverpool accepting arsenals 45 mil bid for Suarez and can now talk to him

Remy will be on a season long loan at Newcastle
Arsenal set to loan youngsters Nico Yennaris and Ignasi Miquel to Leicester
5 Aug 2013 17:22
But Gunners' injuries at the back could force them to re-think sending defensive duo out on loan to the Championship side
Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is hoping to tie up loan deals for Arsenal youngsters Nico Yennaris and Ignasi Miquel.

Versatile Yennaris, 20, can play at right back or in midfield while former Barcelona trainee Miquel is comfortable at centre half or left back.

Yennaris went on loan to Notts County last season and his spell at Leicester could go a long way to deciding his long term future.

Spain under-21 international Miquel, 20, has also been courted by Real Sociedad for a loan spell and Arsenal are likely to let him go out to give him regular first team games.

Arsenal's defensive injury worries with left back Nacho Monreal and Thomas Vermaelen also out injured have meant Miquel has played a lot in pre-season and they may be cautious on letting him go out.

Eisfeld should be getting loaned out soon, I would be very surprised if he wasn't.
Apparently Malaga has reopened negotiations with Bendter

@jeorgebird Trialist Ramy Bensebaini was at Emirates today. Wouldn't be surprising if we signed him despite his performance against Luton.
- Aneke rejoins Crewe on initial six-month loan http://wp.me/p9p7N-3u5
@RYO_cleverfish Sebastian Perez is having his trial in arsenal now
- RT @karlsentk Exciting Colombian prospect to train with Arsenal next week. Sebastian Perez (20, Atletico Nacional). Elegant, gifted CM
- RT @karlsentk Perez: reminds me a little bit of the Argentinian playmaker, Ever Banega
- RT @Decker80 Arsenal offer trial to Omar Abdulrahman http://t.co/mWyLUQR7tf

Among the more interesting and better tweets:
@karlsentk In response to occasional requests on who top Premier League clubs should look at if their Plan A fails, here's a few random thoughts (1/2)
- ...on the market in general - plus four candidates that are probably getable (for the right price) and that I'm quite convinced about (2/2)
- Hard to understand why there's been no reported interest from PL clubs in Adem Ljajic (SRB,1991, Fiorentina). Once on the books of Man Utd
- Ljajic: skilful, smart second striker w/ great balance. Fiorentina turned down bid from Milan (€8M), they'd surely rather sell to abroad
- Ljajic: in my opinion, a player that is possibly right on the verge of becoming a world beater. Value soon likely to triple/quadruple
- Ljajic: profile/playing style/qualities that would suit any of the top Premier League teams
- Jackson Martinez (COL, 1986, FC Porto) possibly the only high scoring out-and-out cfwd "available" from one of the top European clubs
- Jackson: clause of €40M seen as excessive (Napoli said to have offered €32M), some stil feel jury still out due to level of POR league
- Jackson: that said, he does possess a rare variety of very desirable abilities: pace, aerial, movement, strength, height, finishing skills
- Another forward with enormous potential is Luis Muriel (COL, 1991, Udinese) - still a bit raw but possesses great pace, strength, balance
- Muriel: unpredictable, instinctive - potential to become a real star. Could prove a smart buy even at €30M (the reported asking price)
- Finally; Erik Lamela (ARG, 1992, AS Roma) - elegant winger/second striker with a wonderful left foot, could emerge as late "high end" option
- Lamela: adapted very well to Serie A after initially being considered frail and (too) flamboyant. Roma apparently demanding €25-30M

Is there any credible source to Liverpool accepting arsenals 45 mil bid for Suarez and can now talk to him

Didn't know they made a 45mil bid....was it this past week or did you convert to $? But I did post in the previous that it was apparently true. Anything over 40m would activate the clause hence why they bid 40m + 1 pound. I believe my source was the Guardian.

Edit: I did read something from the Daily Mail saying that the clause forces Liverpool to only inform Suarez about the bid...but the article mainly says that he wants to take legal action to force a move. Didn't really read it, not the most credible at times but here you go....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Last edited:
Radio sayin Contreao, Iker, and Ramos have come out against Bale. Saying they dont want him. LOL
If goes to RM, and I think he will, there will be Drama

You have questions, we have answers! Some of the most commonly asked questions about FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer are below:

What is FOX Sports 1?

FOX Sports 1 is America’s newest sports network, a national 24-hour cable channel being launched by FOX on August 17, 2013.

What is FOX Sports 2?

FOX Sports 2 is an extension of FOX Sports 1 that features live coverage of sporting events and connects with fans through entertaining studio shows and original programming.

Will I get FOX Sports 1?

For many operators, FOX Sports 1 will launch in the same channel location now occupied by SPEED. We hope that all major cable, satellite and telephone video services will offer FOX Sports 1 at the time of its August launch.

What will happen to FOX Soccer Plus?

FOX Soccer Plus will remain dedicated to delivering the world’s best soccer and international sports to hardcore fans. The network will carry exclusive match content from the most prominent and highest profile soccer competitions in the world, such as the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, England’s FA Cup, and Scottish Premier League. Rugby Union supporters will be well-served by an impressive lineup of matches from the Heineken Cup, England’s Aviva Premiership, the RaboDirect PRO 12 League, Amlin Challenge Cup and more. Rugby League fans will find coverage from the National Rugby League, Stobart Super League and the State of Origin Series.

What will happen to FOX Soccer 2Go?

With coverage of over 1,000 matches, FOX Soccer2Go will continue to provide fans with live, exclusive match access on-the-go, available online and via mobile and tablet applications. FOX Soccer2Go remains the home of UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, England’s FA Cup, and the Scottish Premier League, plus such prestigious tournaments as the CONCACAF Champions League and CONCACAF Gold Cup. In addition to live, and archived, soccer matches from the best leagues in the world, FOX Soccer2Go will continue to deliver premium rugby from the Heineken Cup, Aviva Premiership, RaboDirect Pro 12, Australian Football League and National Rugby League, among other competitions.

How will I know what channel FOX Sports 1 is on?

In most markets, FOX Sports 1 will be located in the same channel position now occupied by SPEED. As we get closer to launch, updated FOX Sports 1 channel information will be available via the Channel Finder (Click here).

Will UEFA Champions League be on FOX Sports 1?

Absolutely. Along with a top notch pregame show, FOX Sports will bring you matches from the play-off stages all the way through to the 2014 UEFA Champions League final in Lisbon, Portugal. Matches will be shown on FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX Soccer Plus, with the final being broadcast on FOX.

What soccer programming will be on FOX Sports 1?

Along with the UEFA Champions League, FOX Sports 1 will broadcast the UEFA Europa League, FA Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, International Champions Cup, National Women’s Soccer League, as well as the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2015.

What’s happening to FOX Soccer News?

Our daily soccer show will be heading to FOX Sports 1 in a new format. Continuing its long tradition of offering the best in world soccer to US fans, FOX Sports 1 introduces FOX Soccer Daily. The season-long program covers the major soccer leagues and competitions across the globe with an emphasis on Europe and North America. FOX Soccer Daily will air Monday to Friday from 4 – 4:30pm ET, except when preempted by UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League pregame and postgame shows.

What will happen to FOXSoccer.com?

Not a thing. Your online resource for all things soccer will continue to cover the beautiful game through articles, videos, and analysis. The FOX Soccer Blog will also continue to deliver great additional content as well, including behind-the-scenes photos and stories from around the world of soccer.

Will FOX Sports 1 cover the Premier League?

While we do not currently hold the broadcast rights, FOX Sports is committed to covering all of the top players, clubs, and leagues in the world. There will be full coverage every week on our brand new studio show FOX Soccer Daily.

What will happen to FOX Soccer’s social media platforms?

FOX Soccer’s Facebook and Twitter accounts (Facebook.com/FOXSoccer; @FOXSoccer) will continue to provide the latest soccer news from around the globe. @FOXSoccerTrax provides live, real-time score updates from the biggest games and leagues around the world. And follow @FOXSoccerDaily on Twitter for an inside look into FOX Sports 1’s new daily soccer show.

Belguim is such an odd country, they do have some talent tho.

Wonder what language they speak to each other in tho.

Just heard Dempst got 30mill for 4 years. If true That type of money will attract great talent anywhere.

Espanyol rejected Rubon Kazan's 14.5 million dollar offer for CB Hector Moreno. Good for him, and good for Mexico...

CR7 to sign that extention once Bale is officially a Madridista, allegedly...

michael-jackson_1.jpg

..."allegedly"

So Ronaldo re-signed, good for him. But €17 million per year?

Eto makes 20 mil. Messi and Ronaldo should be paid more than 20 mil per year.

Newcastle should have a strong campaign under Pardew. A lot of French internationals on that squad.

Taarabt needs to find consistency at Craven Cottage.

:lol: .......no.

If they want to make 20 mil then they too can leave and go play in Russia.

If Neymar whose 21 years old can come to Barca and get paid 15 million a year, without ever proving himself in Europe.

Then Messi and Ronaldo shouldn't only be being paid one or two million more than him. That's absurd. What Messi and Ronaldo have done for there clubs (who are worth billions of dollars), they should absolutely be paid more just by the evaluating the market salary of other players.

We're talking about the two best players in the world right now, who literally average a goal plus a game for the past 4 years. They are in a league of there own, they should paid like it.

*in the end they'll make much more than Eto because of endorsements, but if you're evaluating a salary based on production on the pitch - I don't see how you can disagree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom