The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

good christmas for me.
Home LS and Away SS.
happy.gif

6db35c6143d3755175d58d08017c4d930c70b86.jpg

Did anyone watch the Man City game? They played like crap and were actually dominated for most of the match but pounced on every chance they got. Makes me wonder how good this team will be in the near future when they work out all their kinks.

Did anyone watch the Man City game? They played like crap and were actually dominated for most of the match but pounced on every chance they got. Makes me wonder how good this team will be in the near future when they work out all their kinks.

^^^
Good performance from City but they're still so effing inconsistent it's not even funny. I can't tell you how many games I've watched and after you walk away saying, "man Yaya is definitely the creative spark for them in midfield, in addition to the fact that he wins every ball. Yaya's great, I think he's huge to the team but why is he the creative brains 50% of the time. I understand with Barry he can get forward a little more but IMO he's more Vieira V2.0.

I mean they definitely played well today but the first goal was on Krul and the last one was b/c NC had all 10 men in the box for that corner but still not a bad performance at all. I just think a new style would definitely freshen things up for City.

Not a Man City fan but something that's really pissed me off lately...

Mario's head isn't committed to Man City. I know we've all read his quotes but his body language is absolutely pathetic. And I actually like Mario, I don't appreciate the things he says sometimes (Wilshire comment, but it came from an Italian paper so who knows how his words got tangled..) the way he acts, but the kid as all the talent in the world when he wants to try. I'm not gonna nitpick his game right now but the most glaring thing is the fact that he just seems so emotionally and mentally unattached in every game. I know it isn't much but remember how he used to celebrate when he scored when he was in Milan, in the past weeks he's been so subdued after scoring and it almost seems as if he's acting like this on purpose to almost prove the point "look I'm scoring and I'm not even happy, come get me AC" I don't know just a little thing that's really caught my eye. I know Mario is Mario but this kind of mentality just can't fly IMO. If I was Mancini I wouldn't even play him, I mean if you're gonna act like that what kind of message is it sending. I'm playing a guy that doesn't even want to be here when I have Roque & Manny Adebayor who don't even make the bench? I mean that's pathetic.

not even gonna touch the Tevez situation..I just think he's out over the summer, Mansour gave him a nice sum to shut up till June..just my 2 cents on that
laugh.gif

How were more team not in the race for Dutch Ibra??? The rich get richer, and wait until the summer when they start splashing out that arab money from the shirt sponsor. 

My boy Anderson playing
pimp.gif
lately.  Good to see Ando finally get some time and play well..if Fergie would let him play like he did at Porto now that would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...we all know that's not happening though
laugh.gif

^^^
Good performance from City but they're still so effing inconsistent it's not even funny. I can't tell you how many games I've watched and after you walk away saying, "man Yaya is definitely the creative spark for them in midfield, in addition to the fact that he wins every ball. Yaya's great, I think he's huge to the team but why is he the creative brains 50% of the time. I understand with Barry he can get forward a little more but IMO he's more Vieira V2.0.

I mean they definitely played well today but the first goal was on Krul and the last one was b/c NC had all 10 men in the box for that corner but still not a bad performance at all. I just think a new style would definitely freshen things up for City.

Mario's head isn't committed to Man City. I know we've all read his quotes but his body language is absolutely pathetic. And I actually like Mario, I don't appreciate the things he says sometimes (Wilshire comment, but it came from an Italian paper so who knows how his words got tangled..) the way he acts, but the kid as all the talent in the world when he wants to try. I'm not gonna nitpick his game right now but the most glaring thing is the fact that he just seems so emotionally and mentally unattached in every game. I know it isn't much but remember how he used to celebrate when he scored when he was in Milan, in the past weeks he's been so subdued after scoring and it almost seems as if he's acting like this on purpose to almost prove the point "look I'm scoring and I'm not even happy, come get me AC" I don't know just a little thing that's really caught my eye. I know Mario is Mario but this kind of mentality just can't fly IMO. If I was Mancini I wouldn't even play him, I mean if you're gonna act like that what kind of message is it sending. I'm playing a guy that doesn't even want to be here when I have Roque & Manny Adebayor who don't even make the bench? I mean that's pathetic.

not even gonna touch the Tevez situation..I just think he's out over the summer, Mansour gave him a nice sum to shut up till June..just my 2 cents on that
laugh.gif

How were more team not in the race for Dutch Ibra??? The rich get richer, and wait until the summer when they start splashing out that arab money from the shirt sponsor. 

My boy Anderson playing
pimp.gif
lately.  Good to see Ando finally get some time and play well..if Fergie would let him play like he did at Porto now that would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Cha Du-Ri a big fan of Ljungberg's pants

Cha Du-Ri admits he is an admirer of Celtic target Freddie Ljungberg's underwear as well as his football talent.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon will meet the former Arsenal and West Ham star on Monday with a view to signing the player who also famously modelled Calvin Klein briefs.

Cha,who scored his first goal for Celtic in the first minute of injury time against St Johnstone before South Korea team mate Ki Sung-yueng clinched the points with a second,revealed he is a fan of the Swedish legend on and off the pitch and relishes the prospect of Ljungberg joining him at Parkhead.

The full-back said:"Freddie Ljungberg is a very famous player and I like his underwear.I have a lot of Calvin Klein underwear at home,maybe I'll show him.Seriously,he's a good player and if he comes to us then I think he can help us.It's great for us.''

Cha and Ki now fly out on Asian Cup duty in Qatar which could see them absent from Parkhead for most of January.However,the defender is hoping the Hoops have leapfrogged SPL leaders Rangers,who lead Celtic by two points having played a game less,by the time he returns.

"I hope Celtic can be top of the league for me and Ki coming back from the Asian Cup,'' he said."We have a lot of players both in my position and Ki's position so I'm not worried.I'm sure they can play well without us.''

Ljungberg has declared himself ready to play in Sunday's Old Firm derby after arriving in Glasgow to link up with Celtic.

Ljungberg told the Daily Record:"I've seen the Old Firm derby on television and I've had friends who have been over to the games.They have said some amazing things about the fixture so of course I would like to play in it.

"I'm available to play for any club on January 1 so we'll see what happens.I'm as fit as I've been for a long time since I had surgery on my hip two years ago.''

30t6p3b.gif

Cha Du-Ri a big fan of Ljungberg's pants

Cha Du-Ri admits he is an admirer of Celtic target Freddie Ljungberg's underwear as well as his football talent.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon will meet the former Arsenal and West Ham star on Monday with a view to signing the player who also famously modelled Calvin Klein briefs.

Cha,who scored his first goal for Celtic in the first minute of injury time against St Johnstone before South Korea team mate Ki Sung-yueng clinched the points with a second,revealed he is a fan of the Swedish legend on and off the pitch and relishes the prospect of Ljungberg joining him at Parkhead.

The full-back said:"Freddie Ljungberg is a very famous player and I like his underwear.I have a lot of Calvin Klein underwear at home,maybe I'll show him.Seriously,he's a good player and if he comes to us then I think he can help us.It's great for us.''

Cha and Ki now fly out on Asian Cup duty in Qatar which could see them absent from Parkhead for most of January.However,the defender is hoping the Hoops have leapfrogged SPL leaders Rangers,who lead Celtic by two points having played a game less,by the time he returns.

"I hope Celtic can be top of the league for me and Ki coming back from the Asian Cup,'' he said."We have a lot of players both in my position and Ki's position so I'm not worried.I'm sure they can play well without us.''

Ljungberg has declared himself ready to play in Sunday's Old Firm derby after arriving in Glasgow to link up with Celtic.

Ljungberg told the Daily Record:"I've seen the Old Firm derby on television and I've had friends who have been over to the games.They have said some amazing things about the fixture so of course I would like to play in it.

"I'm available to play for any club on January 1 so we'll see what happens.I'm as fit as I've been for a long time since I had surgery on my hip two years ago.''

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

^^^

laugh.gif

My boy Anderson playing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Balotelli is a troubled soul who obviously wants to end up with Milan. He knew Inter would never sell a player of his caliber to Milan so he decided to take a detour. It's only a matter of time before he moves back to Italy and hopefully he finds happiness there. The reason Mancini continues to play him is because they not only need to win as many games as possible to finish in the top 4 (which is their #1 goal this year), but Mancini MUST win now if he wants to keep his job. He's willing to put up with Tevez and Balo's B.S. because he needs them to succeed now. We see other managers bench or sell disruptive players but those managers can afford to do that because they know they have job security. With Mancini he knows that he will receive the blame for any Man City failures this season or in the near future so he's basically forced to turn a blind eye to all the crap that's going on. I think that with him in such a weak and vulnerable position, we will be hearing about more Man City drama in the 2nd half of the season...heck, finishing in the top 4 may not even be enough for him to keep his job if the owners can find a bigger name manager to take the job. I think this situation is a bit similar to when Ranieri was coaching Chelsea and he was heavily scrutinized every time things didnt go Chelsea's way.

Anyways, Man City are going to be really good once they can get a bunch of committed players (unlike Tevez, Balotelli and Adebayor), and fix a few things. They are not very fun to watch this season but its hard to question Mancini's approach when they're currently sitting 2nd in the standings and they look well on their way to qualifying for next year's CL.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

^^^

laugh.gif

My boy Anderson playing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Balotelli is a troubled soul who obviously wants to end up with Milan. He knew Inter would never sell a player of his caliber to Milan so he decided to take a detour. It's only a matter of time before he moves back to Italy and hopefully he finds happiness there. The reason Mancini continues to play him is because they not only need to win as many games as possible to finish in the top 4 (which is their #1 goal this year), but Mancini MUST win now if he wants to keep his job. He's willing to put up with Tevez and Balo's B.S. because he needs them to succeed now. We see other managers bench or sell disruptive players but those managers can afford to do that because they know they have job security. With Mancini he knows that he will receive the blame for any Man City failures this season or in the near future so he's basically forced to turn a blind eye to all the crap that's going on. I think that with him in such a weak and vulnerable position, we will be hearing about more Man City drama in the 2nd half of the season...heck, finishing in the top 4 may not even be enough for him to keep his job if the owners can find a bigger name manager to take the job. I think this situation is a bit similar to when Ranieri was coaching Chelsea and he was heavily scrutinized every time things didnt go Chelsea's way.

Anyways, Man City are going to be really good once they can get a bunch of committed players (unlike Tevez, Balotelli and Adebayor), and fix a few things. They are not very fun to watch this season but its hard to question Mancini's approach when they're currently sitting 2nd in the standings and they look well on their way to qualifying for next year's CL.

Balotelli's body language has been like that for a while now, it didn't start at City. I haven't seen him remotely happy after he scored a goal since his 35 yd free kick goal vs Rubin Kazan in the group stage last year. Just look at this goal who the hell wouldn't even crack a smile after they scored a goal like that?

Balotelli's body language has been like that for a while now, it didn't start at City. I haven't seen him remotely happy after he scored a goal since his 35 yd free kick goal vs Rubin Kazan in the group stage last year. Just look at this goal who the hell wouldn't even crack a smile after they scored a goal like that?

I'm so excited for the game today! Big test after the extended break, I hope everyone is well rested and ready come out strong.

I'm so excited for the game today! Big test after the extended break, I hope everyone is well rested and ready come out strong.

Back
Top Bottom