The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by trunks206

Halftime718 wrote:

scaled.php

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Why do they have to do Rosicky like that?

laugh.gif

Reminds me of that Chauncey Billups-Allen Iverson stats comparison pic.
eek.gif
@ AI having 0 turnovers though.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Demps

Remember this name folks, Juan Agudelo.

*writes name on the same note with Freddy Adu's name*

Okay, got it.

indifferent.gif

Those 2 have nothing in common other than choosing to play for their adopted country.

Juan Agudelo + Thierry Henry =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Demps

Remember this name folks, Juan Agudelo.

*writes name on the same note with Freddy Adu's name*

Okay, got it.

indifferent.gif

Those 2 have nothing in common other than choosing to play for their adopted country.

Juan Agudelo + Thierry Henry =
pimp.gif

Arshavin is merely lacking confidence. I didn't like to see Gunners fans at the Emirates boo him against City (when he came on for Walcott). What's good with Chamakh though?
Valdano is backing Benzema 110%. Glad to see him score today hopefully it builds confidence. 

I'm hearing Ajax/Liverpool are having trouble agreeing on the proper price for Suarez.

Chelsea/Benfica closing in on a deal for David Luiz. I would like this move for Chelsea. How soon until someone scoops up Fabio Coentrao? 

Arshavin is merely lacking confidence. I didn't like to see Gunners fans at the Emirates boo him against City (when he came on for Walcott). What's good with Chamakh though?
Valdano is backing Benzema 110%. Glad to see him score today hopefully it builds confidence. 

I'm hearing Ajax/Liverpool are having trouble agreeing on the proper price for Suarez.

Chelsea/Benfica closing in on a deal for David Luiz. I would like this move for Chelsea. How soon until someone scoops up Fabio Coentrao? 

The problem with Arshavin is lack of effort. All those guys listed will track back and also help out win balls in midfield. They run non-stop to pressure defenders. Arshavin's work ethic has been poor in recent months and the least he could do for us is show that he actually cares. He's probably the 3rd best attacker on the team behind Fabregas and RVP but his lack of effort has hurt his standing with the club.

Suarez to Liverpool would be great for them and great for the Premiership. Imagine watching Liverpool play a 4-3-3 with Kuyt, Torres and Suarez up front with Gerrard trailing behind. Atleast signing Suarez would somewhat make up for their poor decision to bring in the over-rated Joe Cole.

They're saying Chelsea might sign Kjaer...either way, it looks like they'll be signing a new CB very soon.

The problem with Arshavin is lack of effort. All those guys listed will track back and also help out win balls in midfield. They run non-stop to pressure defenders. Arshavin's work ethic has been poor in recent months and the least he could do for us is show that he actually cares. He's probably the 3rd best attacker on the team behind Fabregas and RVP but his lack of effort has hurt his standing with the club.

Suarez to Liverpool would be great for them and great for the Premiership. Imagine watching Liverpool play a 4-3-3 with Kuyt, Torres and Suarez up front with Gerrard trailing behind. Atleast signing Suarez would somewhat make up for their poor decision to bring in the over-rated Joe Cole.

They're saying Chelsea might sign Kjaer...either way, it looks like they'll be signing a new CB very soon.

^ Simon Kjaer is part of Chelsea's contingency plan if adding Luiz fails, but Benfica left him off the squad on Saturday potentially a sign of things to come. 
Bale is working on a five-year deal with Spurs to be Tottenham's highest paid player ever. Much deserved. 

I'm glad Carvalho publicly challenged Madrid to play better to win trophies this year. 

^ Simon Kjaer is part of Chelsea's contingency plan if adding Luiz fails, but Benfica left him off the squad on Saturday potentially a sign of things to come. 
Bale is working on a five-year deal with Spurs to be Tottenham's highest paid player ever. Much deserved. 

I'm glad Carvalho publicly challenged Madrid to play better to win trophies this year. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

What's good with Chamakh though?

He had to play a lot of games that entire time that RVP was out and trying to work his way back in.  RVP is playing great right now so its giving Chamakh a chance to rest and I am sure he will play Carling Cup and FA as well.  Plus, RVP will get hurt soon anyway so.

Arshavin is having a rough time.  Everyone is saying he is lazy but he has always been lazy.  Dude never tracks back but the problem this year now he keeps losing to ball in the wrong spots and then coupled that with the laziness it just provides problems.  Now we have seen what Walcott and Nasri can do on the wings paired up with whoever we have in the ST role and we see what kind of team we can be.  Arshavin will just have to get his confidence back but he still a good player and will contribute.  Walcott has always been my dude and I am glad he is having a good season this year.  Dude putting in some good performances and has been creating chances and even getting some goals. He has made more than one star LB look silly this year.  Tevez give that man some props!

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

What's good with Chamakh though?

He had to play a lot of games that entire time that RVP was out and trying to work his way back in.  RVP is playing great right now so its giving Chamakh a chance to rest and I am sure he will play Carling Cup and FA as well.  Plus, RVP will get hurt soon anyway so.

Arshavin is having a rough time.  Everyone is saying he is lazy but he has always been lazy.  Dude never tracks back but the problem this year now he keeps losing to ball in the wrong spots and then coupled that with the laziness it just provides problems.  Now we have seen what Walcott and Nasri can do on the wings paired up with whoever we have in the ST role and we see what kind of team we can be.  Arshavin will just have to get his confidence back but he still a good player and will contribute.  Walcott has always been my dude and I am glad he is having a good season this year.  Dude putting in some good performances and has been creating chances and even getting some goals. He has made more than one star LB look silly this year.  Tevez give that man some props!

Walcott remains very unpolished and his biggest asset remains his speed and not his brain. How many times has he received the ball and tried to run 100000 miles an hour past a defender? That might cut it in England but in Spain, Italy, etc you gotta be able to control and dribble the ball even as a pacy winger. Similarly, his decision making is often very poor and thats something he's going to have to work on if he ever wants to be an upper echelon player. He's made some big strides over the past 1 year but he's far from a finished product. He's still very young and he's being coached by a patient manager that has a tremendous amount of faith in him so there's still time for him to develop into a very good player. Right now I think he has some great abilities but he's generally been over-hyped by Arsenal fans. The pessimistic side of me fears he'll turn into another Shawn Wright-Phillips or something where he uses his speed as his crutch. The optimistic side of me realizes that he's only 21, has improved over the last year, and is being coached by one of the best youth development managers in the sport.

As for Chamakh, I'd actually prefer for us to go with RVP on the right in place of Walcott and with Chamakh in the middle but Arsenal's main assets are speed and movement. We're basically Barcelona-lite where we try to keep our opponents guessing with non-stop movement. Thats why guys like Chamakh and Arshavin are on the outside looking in right now. Chamakh is a good player and has met expectations so far but I guess Wenger prefers RVP upfront because of his superior agility.

Walcott remains very unpolished and his biggest asset remains his speed and not his brain. How many times has he received the ball and tried to run 100000 miles an hour past a defender? That might cut it in England but in Spain, Italy, etc you gotta be able to control and dribble the ball even as a pacy winger. Similarly, his decision making is often very poor and thats something he's going to have to work on if he ever wants to be an upper echelon player. He's made some big strides over the past 1 year but he's far from a finished product. He's still very young and he's being coached by a patient manager that has a tremendous amount of faith in him so there's still time for him to develop into a very good player. Right now I think he has some great abilities but he's generally been over-hyped by Arsenal fans. The pessimistic side of me fears he'll turn into another Shawn Wright-Phillips or something where he uses his speed as his crutch. The optimistic side of me realizes that he's only 21, has improved over the last year, and is being coached by one of the best youth development managers in the sport.

As for Chamakh, I'd actually prefer for us to go with RVP on the right in place of Walcott and with Chamakh in the middle but Arsenal's main assets are speed and movement. We're basically Barcelona-lite where we try to keep our opponents guessing with non-stop movement. Thats why guys like Chamakh and Arshavin are on the outside looking in right now. Chamakh is a good player and has met expectations so far but I guess Wenger prefers RVP upfront because of his superior agility.

^^ saw that Freddy Guarin goal last week or the week before on some highlight show
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

i know there's been some absolute stunners this year but for me that takes goal of the year so far. the dip and swerve on that thing is
sick.gif
sick.gif
and his reaction after is just
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just looking at the sky like "thank god"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but
sick.gif
sick.gif

Seems as if the reports are saying David Luiz to London should be happening.
indifferent.gif
 x 50 to the dude who compared Juan Agudelo to Freddy Adu

^^ saw that Freddy Guarin goal last week or the week before on some highlight show
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

i know there's been some absolute stunners this year but for me that takes goal of the year so far. the dip and swerve on that thing is
sick.gif
sick.gif
and his reaction after is just
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just looking at the sky like "thank god"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but
sick.gif
sick.gif

Seems as if the reports are saying David Luiz to London should be happening.
indifferent.gif
 x 50 to the dude who compared Juan Agudelo to Freddy Adu

what do you guys think the chelsea result will be today?

i hope its on espn 2, according to espn.com it is but when i checked my guide the Australian open is on

what do you guys think the chelsea result will be today?

i hope its on espn 2, according to espn.com it is but when i checked my guide the Australian open is on

Back
Top Bottom