The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Deadline day madness! Caroll for 35 mil 
sick.gif

^ Who ate all Fernando's Pies?

Liverpool have just got infinitely better.  Chelsea?  They should have found a replacement for Ballack and Cover for Lampard and kept Sturridge in the fold.  Torres is wicked overrated. 

As for Charlie Adam, he's staying put.  The rumors to him going to Man United were hilarious for so many reasons.  The secret scottish mafia...

^ Who ate all Fernando's Pies?

Liverpool have just got infinitely better.  Chelsea?  They should have found a replacement for Ballack and Cover for Lampard and kept Sturridge in the fold.  Torres is wicked overrated. 

As for Charlie Adam, he's staying put.  The rumors to him going to Man United were hilarious for so many reasons.  The secret scottish mafia...

Hilarious deals.

Carroll is worth 10 million quid TOPS.

Tottenham trying to bring in Forlan and get denied by them and half of Spain
laugh.gif
. No one want to play for that weak +@# club.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Torres will get kicked and beat pretty hard Sunday, word to Whitney Houston.

Hilarious deals.

Carroll is worth 10 million quid TOPS.

Tottenham trying to bring in Forlan and get denied by them and half of Spain
laugh.gif
. No one want to play for that weak +@# club.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Torres will get kicked and beat pretty hard Sunday, word to Whitney Houston.

I disagree at 10 million tops, I think he's worth 20 or so, teams have paid more based on potential. I think 35 is a bit high, but there were people who probably said that about Rooney and he turned out ok.

I disagree at 10 million tops, I think he's worth 20 or so, teams have paid more based on potential. I think 35 is a bit high, but there were people who probably said that about Rooney and he turned out ok.

Yes, but you pay some for potential. Alex Oxade-Chamberlain hasn't played 1 premiership game and hes gonna cost 10 million.

Yes, but you pay some for potential. Alex Oxade-Chamberlain hasn't played 1 premiership game and hes gonna cost 10 million.

10 million is not really a huge gamble the way Wenger makes $ and it is alot different than 35 million, Andy Carroll has played half a season in EPL.

Let's be realistic he is worth 8-12 million quid at the absolute MOST.

The game sunday should be a real cracker.
smokin.gif

10 million is not really a huge gamble the way Wenger makes $ and it is alot different than 35 million, Andy Carroll has played half a season in EPL.

Let's be realistic he is worth 8-12 million quid at the absolute MOST.

The game sunday should be a real cracker.
smokin.gif

The problem is that bringing in kids from lower divisions for big $ is stupid. Ask Wigan how well Victor Moses has done for them with all the hype he had, and for what it's worth ask Everton about Jermaine Beckford.

Carroll's deal makes some sense considering he is somewhat proven in the BPL, has size, skill, and youth. You also saw him help out defensively when needed, and he carried Newcastle at times. The only problem is will his off-field problems be seen on-field eventually?

The problem is that bringing in kids from lower divisions for big $ is stupid. Ask Wigan how well Victor Moses has done for them with all the hype he had, and for what it's worth ask Everton about Jermaine Beckford.

Carroll's deal makes some sense considering he is somewhat proven in the BPL, has size, skill, and youth. You also saw him help out defensively when needed, and he carried Newcastle at times. The only problem is will his off-field problems be seen on-field eventually?

Oh, I'm agreeing that 35 is absurd, but I dont think 20-25 mil was out of range for Carroll.

Um, Beckford's 26 and he came on a free, so i dont think he's had that much hype.

Oh, I'm agreeing that 35 is absurd, but I dont think 20-25 mil was out of range for Carroll.

Um, Beckford's 26 and he came on a free, so i dont think he's had that much hype.

Beckford I think is a proven striker...he doesn't get enough time to show what he can do, I still like Beckford as a player.

Victor Moses you're 100% right though, Wenger also didn't sign him for a reason, maybe he knew.

But let's be honest, Arsenal are the best at developing youth and Oxlade coming from Southampton says something. Remember Bale and Theo came from there...

Btw, Gunners out there...Miyaichi just signed his long-term contract today, but is out to Feyenoord till end of season or possibly end of next season if work permit does not go through. Very very exciting player, can't wait for him to join.
pimp.gif

Beckford I think is a proven striker...he doesn't get enough time to show what he can do, I still like Beckford as a player.

Victor Moses you're 100% right though, Wenger also didn't sign him for a reason, maybe he knew.

But let's be honest, Arsenal are the best at developing youth and Oxlade coming from Southampton says something. Remember Bale and Theo came from there...

Btw, Gunners out there...Miyaichi just signed his long-term contract today, but is out to Feyenoord till end of season or possibly end of next season if work permit does not go through. Very very exciting player, can't wait for him to join.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom