The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by trunks206

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No Scum fan can make fun of GK's (as of the last few years)
grin.gif

But joking aside, Gomes is iffy on every ball in the air, ya he does a good job
of punching the ball out but his hands are god awful

If Tottenham ever got Didier
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but he's too much money and wouldn't come here,
some Spurs fans legitimately feel like Eto is a target since his house was robbed
laugh.gif
, Spurs
have no realistic chance at Eto especially with our racist chants we throw at Adebayor.

Would love to know what American fans think of Modric, I feel he is a top 5 midfielder
in the EPL, he just doesn't have as flashy of a role as say a David Silva does

Edit--- Liverpools new away kit is absolute fire... Dislike Liverpool, but might have to pick
up a Kelly or Kuyt shirt when they release

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
some Spurs fans legitimately feel like Eto is a target since his house was robbed
laugh.gif
, Spurs
have no realistic chance at Eto especially with our racist chants we throw at Adebayor.

Would love to know what American fans think of Modric, I feel he is a top 5 midfielder

Edit--- Liverpools new away kit is absolute fire... Dislike Liverpool, but might have to pick

Another year and another Chelsea CL failure despite having one of the highest priced squads in all of Europe. Good luck winning the CL when you have Lampard as your #1 AM.

Torres is obviously off form right now but eventually he'll come good for Chelsea. Even if he was performing right now I dont think Chelsea needed to buy him at that price. They have some serious needs that they'll have to address this summer and we shouldnt be surprised to see several more players off-loaded to make room for the new arrivals.

Props to Ferguson and United for getting this far once again despite selling the reigning WPOY and not even being able to use most of the money to rebuild the team. Actually, Man Utd should've been in the semis last season as well had it not been for their inability to hold on to a 2-goal lead vs Bayern. I wish Arsenal had the same winning mentality that Utd does. Even despite rebuilding, injuries and suspensions, Utd keep winning and dont make excuses when things dont go their way.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Soccernet is reporting that Chelsea will gut their squad in the summer. We gotta sign Drogba if he is available. I think he has a year left at a top level, he has historically taken dumps on Arsenal and tbh, aside from maybe Real Madrid, I don't see another top club that would have that need. Its his best chance, albeit a slim one, for success in Europe.

Wenger isnt going to sign a 33-year-old. Heck, even 23 is too old for Wenger
laugh.gif

I think Chelsea are thinking long term and the problem with Drogba and other African players in the short term is that the African Nations Cup will be held in two consecutive years starting this January. I dont think Drogba is leaving this summer though...he remains Chelsea's best striker.

Another year and another Chelsea CL failure despite having one of the highest priced squads in all of Europe. Good luck winning the CL when you have Lampard as your #1 AM.

Torres is obviously off form right now but eventually he'll come good for Chelsea. Even if he was performing right now I dont think Chelsea needed to buy him at that price. They have some serious needs that they'll have to address this summer and we shouldnt be surprised to see several more players off-loaded to make room for the new arrivals.

Props to Ferguson and United for getting this far once again despite selling the reigning WPOY and not even being able to use most of the money to rebuild the team. Actually, Man Utd should've been in the semis last season as well had it not been for their inability to hold on to a 2-goal lead vs Bayern. I wish Arsenal had the same winning mentality that Utd does. Even despite rebuilding, injuries and suspensions, Utd keep winning and dont make excuses when things dont go their way.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Soccernet is reporting that Chelsea will gut their squad in the summer. We gotta sign Drogba if he is available. I think he has a year left at a top level, he has historically taken dumps on Arsenal and tbh, aside from maybe Real Madrid, I don't see another top club that would have that need. Its his best chance, albeit a slim one, for success in Europe.

Wenger isnt going to sign a 33-year-old. Heck, even 23 is too old for Wenger
laugh.gif

I think Chelsea are thinking long term and the problem with Drogba and other African players in the short term is that the African Nations Cup will be held in two consecutive years starting this January. I dont think Drogba is leaving this summer though...he remains Chelsea's best striker.

Gomes ~ "This was not my first mistake and I know it will not be the last one in my career, but I need to show character like I did before."...
laugh.gif

Meanwhile, Tevez out for four weeks.

Gomes ~ "This was not my first mistake and I know it will not be the last one in my career, but I need to show character like I did before."...
laugh.gif

Meanwhile, Tevez out for four weeks.

Right forward - Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

Now tied for a Spanish club record of 48 goals in one season, Messi's winner in Ukraine was just one element of his virtuoso performance. His piercing runs and stand-out passing were a joy to behold. On a day where more luck was on his side, he could have finished with another goal and two or three assists.

from goal.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he has 48 in 46 matches!

Right forward - Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

Now tied for a Spanish club record of 48 goals in one season, Messi's winner in Ukraine was just one element of his virtuoso performance. His piercing runs and stand-out passing were a joy to behold. On a day where more luck was on his side, he could have finished with another goal and two or three assists.

from goal.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he has 48 in 46 matches!

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
TRUST me us Arsenal fans know bad goal keeping far too well. (Hell Lehman very well could have been sent off on Sunday and we'd have to have Bendtner in goal or something)
Gomez's mishap was very Failmunia-esque but with our luck Gomez is going to have a world class performance come Wed.
30t6p3b.gif
*touches wood*

Great news fellow Gooners as Szczesny, DJ and Song could be fit for the weekend!

Oh well so could Denilson but who cares...

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
TRUST me us Arsenal fans know bad goal keeping far too well. (Hell Lehman very well could have been sent off on Sunday and we'd have to have Bendtner in goal or something)
Gomez's mishap was very Failmunia-esque but with our luck Gomez is going to have a world class performance come Wed.
30t6p3b.gif
*touches wood*

Great news fellow Gooners as Szczesny, DJ and Song could be fit for the weekend!

Oh well so could Denilson but who cares...

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, Spurs

Pure class he's caught my eye all season.

Gomez.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, Spurs

Pure class he's caught my eye all season.

Another reason why Spurs fans love Modric too is his work rate,
he doesn't complain about not getting the spotlight, even some
Spurs fans at the Lane don't give him enough credit and get on
him for one of his very few misplaced passes, but the best part
seems to be that Modric wants to stay at Spurs.... *crosses fingers*

Also Kranjcar needs a bigger role at Spurs, VDV can only truly
play as a trequarista, whenever he is placed in front of Corluka
at the RM he just roams all over the field for the ball exposing
Corlukas pace.

Another reason why Spurs fans love Modric too is his work rate,
he doesn't complain about not getting the spotlight, even some
Spurs fans at the Lane don't give him enough credit and get on