The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

yea that was the highest attended open cup final of all time. open cup is only 97 years old though, so its not like theres alot to compare it to.
you guys didnt even sell out the stadium, a couple of the sections were tarped off. not enough customers? 

Believe me, it was sold out
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
I dont know why the sections were blocked off, the team could easily sell those out and some.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

^Pretty sure those pics are from well before kick off.

You see Jeld-Wen well before kickoff?

All I'm saying is Seattle got its fans because of MLS. Portland got MLS because of its fans.

You see Jeld-Wen well before kickoff?

All I'm saying is Seattle got its fans because of MLS. Portland got MLS because of its fans.

portland got MLS because of how well it worked in Seattle...
ya'll call us customers cause we don't ride fixies to the stadium or own a micrbrewery?

laugh.gif
i'm just talkin trash man. its obvious to anybody that portland and seattle have by far the best fan bases in the country. cascadia > USA

ya'll call us customers cause we don't ride fixies to the stadium or own a micrbrewery?

laugh.gif
i'm just talkin trash man. its obvious to anybody that portland and seattle have by far the best fan bases in the country. cascadia > USA

laugh.gif
Cascadia will carry MLS. Can't wait for May 14, be heading up I5 with 499 other TA on Buses sponsored by local microbreweries (free beer!) to watch the rivalry renewed.

laugh.gif
Cascadia will carry MLS. Can't wait for May 14, be heading up I5 with 499 other TA on Buses sponsored by local microbreweries (free beer!) to watch the rivalry renewed.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

On a side note, you're from the Bay Area right? You ever been to an Earthquakes game? @#$% is
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
. NO ONE shows up. I guess I'm part of the problem too...I want to go, but I dont like being in a crappy atmosphere like that with tons of empty seats/uninterested spectators

Believe it or not the only Earthquakes game I've ever been to was the come from behind 5-4 aggregate win over LA in the 2003 Conference semis back at Spartan stadium. I'm not sure I can say Buck Shaw is an upgrade.
laugh.gif

I'm finishing up undergrad in Pomona in a month and moving back up north so hopefully I'll catch a few games in the future. My problem is I'm just not a Earthquakes fan no matter how interested I try to be.

I'll cry if professional soccer ever comes to the east Bay.

On a side note, you're from the Bay Area right? You ever been to an Earthquakes game? @#$% is
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
. NO ONE shows up. I guess I'm part of the problem too...I want to go, but I dont like being in a crappy atmosphere like that with tons of empty seats/uninterested spectators

Believe it or not the only Earthquakes game I've ever been to was the come from behind 5-4 aggregate win over LA in the 2003 Conference semis back at Spartan stadium. I'm not sure I can say Buck Shaw is an upgrade.
laugh.gif

I'm finishing up undergrad in Pomona in a month and moving back up north so hopefully I'll catch a few games in the future. My problem is I'm just not a Earthquakes fan no matter how interested I try to be.

I'll cry if professional soccer ever comes to the east Bay.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

laugh.gif
I wish there wasnt the 500 person restriction. Makes sense in your stadium, but I wish we could just open up the Qwest upper deck to as many TA as could make it. Each side could definitely bring a couple grand each way, would be amazing. I'm just waiting for some knuckleheads to try to get all Green Street Hooligans and start a brawl. Media would jump on that with the quickness.
I was all on the F the timbers train, then I had a realization that were all in this together.
laugh.gif
Were a minority out here. ***+ is like black on black crime, its not getting anyone anywhere. I'll root Cascadia over anyone.

laugh.gif
I wish there wasnt the 500 person restriction. Makes sense in your stadium, but I wish we could just open up the Qwest upper deck to as many TA as could make it. Each side could definitely bring a couple grand each way, would be amazing. I'm just waiting for some knuckleheads to try to get all Green Street Hooligans and start a brawl. Media would jump on that with the quickness.
I was all on the F the timbers train, then I had a realization that were all in this together.
laugh.gif
Were a minority out here. ***+ is like black on black crime, its not getting anyone anywhere. I'll root Cascadia over anyone.

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

The  friendly vs tottenham and geovani debuting was  packed

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hear ya 100%. Keep all the "hate" centered on good clean fun. Cascadia is gonna be a blast for years to come.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hear ya 100%. Keep all the "hate" centered on good clean fun. Cascadia is gonna be a blast for years to come.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

To be fair to San Jose, Buck Shaw Stadium fits only a little over 10,000, they average 9,659.

If you measure their attendance by percentage of seats filled they're closer to the top of the league.
roll.gif

All jokes aside, they need that new stadium built FAST.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

To be fair to San Jose, Buck Shaw Stadium fits only a little over 10,000, they average 9,659.

If you measure their attendance by percentage of seats filled they're closer to the top of the league.
roll.gif

All jokes aside, they need that new stadium built FAST.

Back
Top Bottom