The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Odemwingie is definitely a talented player but he can be a bit selfish at times. The EPL isnt the end-all-be-all...there are many other good leagues out there willing to pay talented players well and make them guaranteed starters. I think he's 29 now so he probably wanted one last crack at joining a mid-level/big-club in one of the top leagues. He left one of the best clubs in Russia to join an English club that will be in a relegation battle all season...to me it looks like he joined WBA as a temporary destination in hopes of proving his worth to other clubs. It's a smart decision by him but it'll be a painful season since WBA are a really poor team.

Odemwingie is definitely a talented player but he can be a bit selfish at times. The EPL isnt the end-all-be-all...there are many other good leagues out there willing to pay talented players well and make them guaranteed starters. I think he's 29 now so he probably wanted one last crack at joining a mid-level/big-club in one of the top leagues. He left one of the best clubs in Russia to join an English club that will be in a relegation battle all season...to me it looks like he joined WBA as a temporary destination in hopes of proving his worth to other clubs. It's a smart decision by him but it'll be a painful season since WBA are a really poor team.

Who else saw that Fluke Cesc goal? Dude tried to clear it and hit Fabagras which gave Arsenal +1. Terrible goal keeper to let that happen

Who else saw that Fluke Cesc goal? Dude tried to clear it and hit Fabagras which gave Arsenal +1. Terrible goal keeper to let that happen

Originally Posted by SamB

It wasnt the GKs fault, it was Ferdinand's fault for taking too long to clear. The GK usually comes out like that so he can receive a back-pass from the defender if necessary.

Fabregas hurt himself on that play and was subbed out
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SamB

It wasnt the GKs fault, it was Ferdinand's fault for taking too long to clear. The GK usually comes out like that so he can receive a back-pass from the defender if necessary.

Fabregas hurt himself on that play and was subbed out
ohwell.gif

Arshavin, Song, Rosicky, Nasri, Wilshere, Clichy were all craptacular today. Arshavin did not put in any effort...Song was super aggressive and indisciplined (his 2nd yellow was B.S. though), Rosicky sucks and his PK was a joke, Wilshere was trying to do too much and was too aggressive, and Clichy gave the game away with his clearance right to Darren Bent. I was not surprised at all when Sunderland equalized and quite frankly they were the better team today. Arsenal did not create one good chance the entire match. These are the types of matches Arsenal have been drawing/losing over the past 5-years.

Arshavin, Song, Rosicky, Nasri, Wilshere, Clichy were all craptacular today. Arshavin did not put in any effort...Song was super aggressive and indisciplined (his 2nd yellow was B.S. though), Rosicky sucks and his PK was a joke, Wilshere was trying to do too much and was too aggressive, and Clichy gave the game away with his clearance right to Darren Bent. I was not surprised at all when Sunderland equalized and quite frankly they were the better team today. Arsenal did not create one good chance the entire match. These are the types of matches Arsenal have been drawing/losing over the past 5-years.

Real Sociedad - Real Madrid match was a cracker. That Griezmann kid gave me an ulcer. The promoted sides ain't playing.

Real Sociedad - Real Madrid match was a cracker. That Griezmann kid gave me an ulcer. The promoted sides ain't playing.

i started watching that game and 2 minutes later the first goal was scored, i laughed to myself and said what a great time to start watching

i started watching that game and 2 minutes later the first goal was scored, i laughed to myself and said what a great time to start watching

Back
Top Bottom