The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

the fate of Brazil rest on the feet of 4 guys that shouldnt be taking a penalty...smh

I dont know what Brazil is going to do for 2014, Brazil football is DEAD. Which coach should be in charge? thats the next big question. Maybe Luis Felipe Scolari

Damn that penalty by Silva wasnt even close
laugh.gif

The USA women and Brazil are equally poor at penalties

the fate of Brazil rest on the feet of 4 guys that shouldnt be taking a penalty...smh

I dont know what Brazil is going to do for 2014, Brazil football is DEAD. Which coach should be in charge? thats the next big question. Maybe Luis Felipe Scolari

Well as an Argentinian this makes up for the disappointing match yesterday, having Brazil win the Copa America on our ground would be a nightmare.

Well as an Argentinian this makes up for the disappointing match yesterday, having Brazil win the Copa America on our ground would be a nightmare.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by bizzygunts

I dont know what Brazil is going to do for 2014, Brazil football is DEAD

I'm actually happy they lost, but let's cool it with the hyperbole 
laugh.gif
It'd be dumb to count Brazil out completely, but I think their role as the presumed best team in the world is pretty close to dead. After they won in 1994 they were basically presumed to be the favorite in any tournament in which they participated. The general consensus was that if Brazil played its best or even anything close to its best football, no one could beat them. I don't think that's the case anymore. They have gone out in the quarterfinals of the last two world cups, and just lost in the quarterfinals of Copa America.
sick.gif
 Romario and Ronaldo and Rivaldo are rolling over in their graves. 

laugh.gif
It'd be dumb to count Brazil out completely, but I think their role as the presumed best team in the world is pretty close to dead. After they won in 1994 they were basically presumed to be the favorite in any tournament in which they participated. The general consensus was that if Brazil played its best or even anything close to its best football, no one could beat them. I don't think that's the case anymore. They have gone out in the quarterfinals of the last two world cups, and just lost in the quarterfinals of Copa America.
sick.gif

laugh.gif
growing up we use to idolize Brazil football, 2002 WC was just beautiful in my book, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho..come on! that was a beautiful team.

This current crop has a bunch of good players, but not one of them is GREAT. To get knocked out of  06 WC, 10 WC, and now 11CA from the QF stage is just disappointing.

Im done

laugh.gif
growing up we use to idolize Brazil football, 2002 WC was just beautiful in my book, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho..come on! that was a beautiful team.

This current crop has a bunch of good players, but not one of them is GREAT. To get knocked out of  06 WC, 10 WC, and now 11CA from the QF stage is just disappointing.

Im done

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
sick.gif
Dead implies that there is no life. Brazilian football has plenty of life; let's not forget that the players who will lead Brazil in 2014 - Pato, Neymar, and Ganso are all 21 or younger. Those three players are as talented as they come, but haven't had enough experience together on the first team for any sort of synergistic play to develop. Brazil is and will always remain a top tier team on the international level. Of course the presumptive title as world's best is gone, that moniker currently belongs to Spain. These talent/success boons happen in cycles. 
I can only hope Argentina is successful in 2014. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
sick.gif
Dead implies that there is no life. Brazilian football has plenty of life; let's not forget that the players who will lead Brazil in 2014 - Pato, Neymar, and Ganso are all 21 or younger. Those three players are as talented as they come, but haven't had enough experience together on the first team for any sort of synergistic play to develop. Brazil is and will always remain a top tier team on the international level. Of course the presumptive title as world's best is gone, that moniker currently belongs to Spain. These talent/success boons happen in cycles. 
I can only hope Argentina is successful in 2014. 

laugh.gif

Im done
not sure if serious

brazil  went through a drought from 1970 until 1994

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom