The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by bizzygunts

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

I dont know what Brazil is going to do for 2014, Brazil football is DEAD

I'm actually happy they lost, but let's cool it with the hyperbole 
laugh.gif
growing up we use to idolize Brazil football, 2002 WC was just beautiful in my book, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho..come on! that was a beautiful team.

This current crop has a bunch of good players, but not one of them is GREAT. To get knocked out of  06 WC, 10 WC, and now 11CA from the QF stage is just disappointing.

Im done
not sure if serious

brazil  went through a drought from 1970 until 1994

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

laugh.gif
growing up we use to idolize Brazil football, 2002 WC was just beautiful in my book, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho..come on! that was a beautiful team.

This current crop has a bunch of good players, but not one of them is GREAT. To get knocked out of  06 WC, 10 WC, and now 11CA from the QF stage is just disappointing.

Im done
not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif
but at the same time, they still played beautiful attractive football. Remember the 1982 team?

2014 is right around the corner, someone mentioned Neymar and Pato being "some of the best out there" oh please. Pato has been around for sometime now and I honestly dont see him in the same vein as the great Brazilian strikers of the past. The immediate future looks bleak, that's all I'm saying, Maybe for 2018 going forward things will turn around and a new renaissance of samba football occurs, but short term I don't see anything coming to fruition

Originally Posted by knightngale

laugh.gif

Im done
not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif
but at the same time, they still played beautiful attractive football. Remember the 1982 team?

2014 is right around the corner, someone mentioned Neymar and Pato being "some of the best out there" oh please. Pato has been around for sometime now and I honestly dont see him in the same vein as the great Brazilian strikers of the past. The immediate future looks bleak, that's all I'm saying, Maybe for 2018 going forward things will turn around and a new renaissance of samba football occurs, but short term I don't see anything coming to fruition

not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Yeah, no need for hyperbole, but if you don't see this as a bleak period for Brazil you're not paying enough attention. Pato is a good forward, but he's not a superstar. He was left off their team just last year. Neymar and Ganso could become amazing players, or they could be mediocre by Brazilian terms, it's too early to tell. The golden era of Brazil that we all lived through with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and Rivaldo and even Kaka is basically over, and this game might have been the biggest reminder yet.

not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Yeah, no need for hyperbole, but if you don't see this as a bleak period for Brazil you're not paying enough attention. Pato is a good forward, but he's not a superstar. He was left off their team just last year. Neymar and Ganso could become amazing players, or they could be mediocre by Brazilian terms, it's too early to tell. The golden era of Brazil that we all lived through with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and Rivaldo and even Kaka is basically over, and this game might have been the biggest reminder yet.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

knightngale wrote:not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Thank you,as a fan of Brazil football and a fan of the great country I visited I just feel bad that for them to finally hosting a World Cup after 64 years they wont have a strong team to back.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

knightngale wrote:not sure if serious

did it die? no
indifferent.gif

Thank you,as a fan of Brazil football and a fan of the great country I visited I just feel bad that for them to finally hosting a World Cup after 64 years they wont have a strong team to back.

Well, my hypothetical Copa America bracket (the one that doesn't exist) is busted.

Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Venezuela. Did not see that coming.

Well, my hypothetical Copa America bracket (the one that doesn't exist) is busted.

Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Venezuela. Did not see that coming.

Caerus, Neymar was subbed out for Fred in regular time.
Uruguay should win the CA given the four teams remaining.

I was really pulling for Chile, they played exciting, attacking football against Venezuela. I like Sanchez's motor and work rate but he's no CR7 despite the comparisons. 

Caerus, Neymar was subbed out for Fred in regular time.
Uruguay should win the CA given the four teams remaining.

I was really pulling for Chile, they played exciting, attacking football against Venezuela. I like Sanchez's motor and work rate but he's no CR7 despite the comparisons. 

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

in a match between Arsenal and Hangzhou Greentown...

The Gooners in Asia were pretty awesome, however personally I like this sign better....

wish it said £60m instead, but regardless its toooooo funny.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Gooners in Asia were pretty awesome, however personally I like this sign better....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Damb. But I dont want Cesc to go
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
frown.gif

Alot of us Barca fans don't even want Cesc right now. There is practically no need for him until Xavi retires, but I guess we'd rather go after him than more defenders (which we obviously needed as seen when Abidal and Puyol were out)
ohwell.gif
If we get Cesc as a backup there's no point in the Thiago extension (not suggesting that the 2 are same talent-wise but they have similar roles)

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
frown.gif

Alot of us Barca fans don't even want Cesc right now. There is practically no need for him until Xavi retires, but I guess we'd rather go after him than more defenders (which we obviously needed as seen when Abidal and Puyol were out)
ohwell.gif
If we get Cesc as a backup there's no point in the Thiago extension (not suggesting that the 2 are same talent-wise but they have similar roles)

Back
Top Bottom