The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Noskey

Any update on Toure?

didnt see him go down, how did it look?

I didnt see anything real bad, but he was holding his knee or ankle and couldnt walk off by himself. So I dunno. Kind of bad; I dont think he returned.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Noskey

Any update on Toure?

didnt see him go down, how did it look?

I didnt see anything real bad, but he was holding his knee or ankle and couldnt walk off by himself. So I dunno. Kind of bad; I dont think he returned.

sup guys

if you havent already, you should vote for the GoldenFoot Award 2011. Its an award which is given to players over the age of 29. This year journalist have nominated the following players to be awarded with the Golden Foot award along with a footprint in Monaco’s Champions Promenade 'walk of fame'...

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto’o, Carles Puyol, Raul, Xavi and Javier Zanetti.

Previous winners include - Francesco Totti (2010), Ronaldinho (2009), Roberto Carlos (2008), Alessandro Del Piero (2007), Ronaldo (2006), Andriy Shevchenko (2005), Pavel Nedvěd (2004) and Roberto Baggio (2003).

its a tough one to pick really, every nominee is deserving in my book. So, what i did was look at ages, and aside from Giggs and Zanetti none of the other players are older then 33 (giggs and javier are both 37) so i

decided that its more impressive that they are both playing high level football and winning at that age.

link : http://www.goldenfoot.com...ldenFoot/Voting2011.html

sup guys

if you havent already, you should vote for the GoldenFoot Award 2011. Its an award which is given to players over the age of 29. This year journalist have nominated the following players to be awarded with the Golden Foot award along with a footprint in Monaco’s Champions Promenade 'walk of fame'...

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto’o, Carles Puyol, Raul, Xavi and Javier Zanetti.

Previous winners include - Francesco Totti (2010), Ronaldinho (2009), Roberto Carlos (2008), Alessandro Del Piero (2007), Ronaldo (2006), Andriy Shevchenko (2005), Pavel Nedvěd (2004) and Roberto Baggio (2003).

its a tough one to pick really, every nominee is deserving in my book. So, what i did was look at ages, and aside from Giggs and Zanetti none of the other players are older then 33 (giggs and javier are both 37) so i

decided that its more impressive that they are both playing high level football and winning at that age.

Originally Posted by Demps

$!%+%%+ vancouver just had to !!*# up any more future europe vs. mls friendlys smfh.
its a temporary stadium.  and it was pouring rain during the weekend

Originally Posted by Demps

$!%+%%+ vancouver just had to !!*# up any more future europe vs. mls friendlys smfh.
its a temporary stadium.  and it was pouring rain during the weekend

Originally Posted by tonton32

if you havent already, you should vote for the GoldenFoot Award 2011...

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto’o, Carles Puyol, Raul, Xavi and Javier Zanetti...

its a tough one to pick really, every nominee is deserving in my book.

and his personal trophy cabinet probably looks something like this:

Originally Posted by tonton32

if you havent already, you should vote for the GoldenFoot Award 2011...

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto’o, Carles Puyol, Raul, Xavi and Javier Zanetti...

its a tough one to pick really, every nominee is deserving in my book.

and his personal trophy cabinet probably looks something like this:

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

its a tough one to pick really
Not particularly. Xavi by a country mile. 
Xavi is great and all but Eto'o scored 37 goals in 50 games. Just saying. 
Hell I'd personally vote for Eto'o. 

Sammy is one of my favorite players, but scoring goals is not the end-all of footballing performance. Xavi is one of the greatest CM of all time coming off another imperious year, and is head and shoulders above those other candidates in terms of on-pitch influence, recent success, and skill.

its a tough one to pick really

Sammy is one of my favorite players, but scoring goals is not the end-all of footballing performance. Xavi is one of the greatest CM of all time coming off another imperious year, and is head and shoulders above those other candidates in terms of on-pitch influence, recent success, and skill.

Like I said Xavi is great, much of that is true, some of it debatable.

From a strictly individual standpoint looking at the 10/11 season, there's simply no way you can convince me that Xavi performed head and shoulders above Samuel.

I'm not even saying Eto'o deserves to win (even though I'd vote him just cause), just that his performance this season puts him in the running.

My guy is being slighted
laugh.gif
, of course simply "scoring goals" isn't the end all be all of performance, there's also the importance and magnitude of those goals... oh and assist, something Eto'o did more of than Xavi this year. 

I'm just saying, if we were not at the absolute peak of the late Barcelona awe, Eto'o would have walked away with this.

I'm actually curious to know the last +30 year-old to score +30 in all competitions. 
nerd.gif

Like I said Xavi is great, much of that is true, some of it debatable.

From a strictly individual standpoint looking at the 10/11 season, there's simply no way you can convince me that Xavi performed head and shoulders above Samuel.

I'm not even saying Eto'o deserves to win (even though I'd vote him just cause), just that his performance this season puts him in the running.

My guy is being slighted
laugh.gif
, of course simply "scoring goals" isn't the end all be all of performance, there's also the importance and magnitude of those goals... oh and assist, something Eto'o did more of than Xavi this year. 

I'm just saying, if we were not at the absolute peak of the late Barcelona awe, Eto'o would have walked away with this.

I'm actually curious to know the last +30 year-old to score +30 in all competitions. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom