The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Not a fan of the Sounders, but in their defense Manchester United only scored 1 goal on Kasey Kellar. It was in the second half that they put on a clinic and Kellar was out by then. There's no way in hell they would of scored 7 times on him.

Same situation with the Galaxy. They had in their third string rookie goalie against Real Madrid. Last year Donovan Ricketts did work and we only lost 3 to 2 against Real Madrid.

Of course these teams are better, but don't be fooled thinking MLS has zero chance against some of these euro teams.

Not a fan of the Sounders, but in their defense Manchester United only scored 1 goal on Kasey Kellar. It was in the second half that they put on a clinic and Kellar was out by then. There's no way in hell they would of scored 7 times on him.

Same situation with the Galaxy. They had in their third string rookie goalie against Real Madrid. Last year Donovan Ricketts did work and we only lost 3 to 2 against Real Madrid.

Of course these teams are better, but don't be fooled thinking MLS has zero chance against some of these euro teams.

Sanchez to Barca is finally done, announced on FCB's website. 26 mil. (with 11 mil. in additions)

Sanchez to Barca is finally done, announced on FCB's website. 26 mil. (with 11 mil. in additions)

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

i will say this: the best MLS first team squads can hold their own in these big euro friendly. sounders were down 1 at the half, hell even new england (one of the worst teams) kept it at zeros at half time. however, once you get passed the starters, the gap between an MLS team and an EPL team gets huge.

i mean for $*$@! sake, towards the end of the second half, the ENTIRE SOUNDERS TEAM COMBINED made less than the least paid player on united. all in all, the poorest player on united makes more than the best paid dude on seattle (montero)

if you watched the game you would know that the first half was very respectable. unfortunately in the second half they brought in a bunch of dudes who havent even played an MLS game this season and, well if youre doing that i dont know what you can expect. add that to the fact that SAF had rooney and park coming in as second half subs against a bunch of decent college players and, well, its not a huge surprise.
This. I was at the game last night. Sounders starters held their own against Man U in the first half (granted, United players were probably playing at 75-80%). Keller made some
eek.gif
 saves for a guy his age
laugh.gif
. Seattle seemed shell shocked at Uniteds talent. Everytime Nani made a run down and had the ball at his feet you could see the fear in the sounders 
grin.gif

Sounders had some decent chances but you could see the excitment at those chances getting the best of them 
laugh.gif
. Unfortunatley, sounders basically started their B team the entire second half, whereas SAF had the best players in the world on the pitch.

Either way, it was a great spectacle, Rooney looked like he was giving 50% and still ended up with a hat trick 
pimp.gif
. The difference in talent was amazing 

i will say this: the best MLS first team squads can hold their own in these big euro friendly. sounders were down 1 at the half, hell even new england (one of the worst teams) kept it at zeros at half time. however, once you get passed the starters, the gap between an MLS team and an EPL team gets huge.

i mean for $*$@! sake, towards the end of the second half, the ENTIRE SOUNDERS TEAM COMBINED made less than the least paid player on united. all in all, the poorest player on united makes more than the best paid dude on seattle (montero)

if you watched the game you would know that the first half was very respectable. unfortunately in the second half they brought in a bunch of dudes who havent even played an MLS game this season and, well if youre doing that i dont know what you can expect. add that to the fact that SAF had rooney and park coming in as second half subs against a bunch of decent college players and, well, its not a huge surprise.
This. I was at the game last night. Sounders starters held their own against Man U in the first half (granted, United players were probably playing at 75-80%). Keller made some
eek.gif
 saves for a guy his age
laugh.gif
. Seattle seemed shell shocked at Uniteds talent. Everytime Nani made a run down and had the ball at his feet you could see the fear in the sounders 
grin.gif

Sounders had some decent chances but you could see the excitment at those chances getting the best of them 
laugh.gif
. Unfortunatley, sounders basically started their B team the entire second half, whereas SAF had the best players in the world on the pitch.

Either way, it was a great spectacle, Rooney looked like he was giving 50% and still ended up with a hat trick 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air kooroush

eek.gif
 saves for a guy his age
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
no doubt. i was at the NE/UTD game. as soon as the subs came in at half, it was done. NE even changed the goalie, who had made an epic save in the first half. friend at the sounders game last night said something similar about the first half not being that bad. its the bench that really kills the MLS squads in these games. assume the same happened with chivas g and real madrid last night as well. as far as players not giving it their all...i dunno about all that. the game doesnt count for either squad, but the euro teams have more to lose imo. a poor showing would be embarrassing. and rooney was attempting bicycle kicks versus NE, so i'd say he was in it.

Originally Posted by air kooroush

eek.gif
 saves for a guy his age
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
no doubt. i was at the NE/UTD game. as soon as the subs came in at half, it was done. NE even changed the goalie, who had made an epic save in the first half. friend at the sounders game last night said something similar about the first half not being that bad. its the bench that really kills the MLS squads in these games. assume the same happened with chivas g and real madrid last night as well. as far as players not giving it their all...i dunno about all that. the game doesnt count for either squad, but the euro teams have more to lose imo. a poor showing would be embarrassing. and rooney was attempting bicycle kicks versus NE, so i'd say he was in it.

^ Great points. I noticed that watching LA/Real Madrid last week. 1st half it was close, Galaxy played very tight. But like you guys said the level of talent between A teams & B teams are HUGE.

^ Great points. I noticed that watching LA/Real Madrid last week. 1st half it was close, Galaxy played very tight. But like you guys said the level of talent between A teams & B teams are HUGE.

If Sanchez is given a real chance to supplant Pedro in the Barca XI and is able to grasp Barca's system that team is going to be
sick.gif

EDIT - just read Barca paid 23 million pounds 
mad.gif
mad.gif
Sanchez said after the WC last year Utd would be his dream move and he wouldn't be able to turn them down if they came calling in the future. we offered up to 30 in straight cash with none of these incentives like Barca
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Can't blame him though, would have loved to see him at OT nonetheless

Hats off to Lindegaard last night, a little late but just watched the game last night, he looked in command when called on, especially early on

Mancini at City's press conference said he hasn't been able to get in touch with Carlitos because "his phone is not working"
laugh.gif

If Sanchez is given a real chance to supplant Pedro in the Barca XI and is able to grasp Barca's system that team is going to be
sick.gif

EDIT - just read Barca paid 23 million pounds 
mad.gif
mad.gif
Sanchez said after the WC last year Utd would be his dream move and he wouldn't be able to turn them down if they came calling in the future. we offered up to 30 in straight cash with none of these incentives like Barca
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Can't blame him though, would have loved to see him at OT nonetheless

Hats off to Lindegaard last night, a little late but just watched the game last night, he looked in command when called on, especially early on

Mancini at City's press conference said he hasn't been able to get in touch with Carlitos because "his phone is not working"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Sanchez isn't the goalscorer Pedro is.

There's a negligible difference between their respective finishing capabilities. Sanchez is a lot more pacy, and his ability to beat a defender will add another dimension to the Barca attack. The guy gets fouled a ton too, so Messi should be around 60 goals next season with the added pens
laugh.gif

As it stands, the playing time between the two should be about even though. Not sure what happens if/when Cesc is bought. I assume Iniesta will see some more time on the wings in that case; he was quite effective in that role last season. The guy's versatility and all around talent is just incredible. 

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Sanchez isn't the goalscorer Pedro is.

There's a negligible difference between their respective finishing capabilities. Sanchez is a lot more pacy, and his ability to beat a defender will add another dimension to the Barca attack. The guy gets fouled a ton too, so Messi should be around 60 goals next season with the added pens
laugh.gif

As it stands, the playing time between the two should be about even though. Not sure what happens if/when Cesc is bought. I assume Iniesta will see some more time on the wings in that case; he was quite effective in that role last season. The guy's versatility and all around talent is just incredible. 

LOL @ negligible. No, Pedro is MUCH more clinical than he is at this point. That's really the one area Sanchez will have to improve on.

LOL @ negligible. No, Pedro is MUCH more clinical than he is at this point. That's really the one area Sanchez will have to improve on.

Why do some soccer fans hate flopping so much?!?!?

It is part of the game. If the defender is being too physical then flopping is a tool that can give the striker an advantage. Are you suppose to wait and get hurt to get a foul? A defender just wants to clear the ball while a strikeR has to control the ball and try to score. Finesse and skill is the only tool a striker really has. If a defender gets rough then u just flop and get yourself a free kick. I flop all the time in my league. Unskilled dudes are always trying to violently run me over or elbow me off the ball. My answer is to flop and keep them in check

Back
Top Bottom