The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Ill take Ruud's opinion over yours anyday

....... Ruud Gullit said about the incident that the "Italians would call that being clever whereas the English would call it cheating". To me it kind of sums up the difference between Latin and Anglo culture. Similar to Maradonas famous Hand of God in the game between England and Argentina in 1986. He felt no shame afterwards that he had used his hand to help him and Argentina win the game. It was not really cheating. It was being clever. Latins just play by different rules as the English/Canadians/Americans. Something that in Anglo culture is perceived as cheating the Latins see as perfectly fair game.
Yes i like the latin milan, sao paulo and barcelona style more than arsenals.

Yes i played varsity soccer and div.3 ( i knew you would hate on div 3) but atleast i have played unlike most of u soccer transplants

....... Ruud Gullit said about the incident that the "Italians would call that being clever whereas the English would call it cheating". To me it kind of sums up the difference between Latin and Anglo culture. Similar to Maradonas famous Hand of God in the game between England and Argentina in 1986. He felt no shame afterwards that he had used his hand to help him and Argentina win the game. It was not really cheating. It was being clever. Latins just play by different rules as the English/Canadians/Americans. Something that in Anglo culture is perceived as cheating the Latins see as perfectly fair game.

Yes i played varsity soccer and div.3 ( i knew you would hate on div 3) but atleast i have played unlike most of u soccer transplants

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Ill take Ruud's opinion over yours anydayRuud Gullit said about the incident that the "Italians would call that being clever whereas the English would call it cheating". To me it kind of sums up the difference between Latin and Anglo culture. Similar to Maradonas famous Hand of God in the game between England and Argentina in 1986. He felt no shame afterwards that he had used his hand to help him and Argentina win the game. It was not really cheating. It was being clever. Latins just play by different rules as the English/Canadians/Americans. Something that in Anglo culture is perceived as cheating the Latins see as perfectly fair game.
actually im being serious right here. it's interesting you bring up cultural differences. you see it in hockey for sure. canadian teams have no hesitation when it comes to diving and flopping. the montreal canadiens are renowned for it...and im sure they share that same view, it's clever. hockey being more physical a game tho, gives them a need to dive. theyre usually a smaller and quicker team, that's less physical. off topic i know since its not soccer, but thought it was interesting that you brought up the cultural aspect.

but i still am going to laugh at you for assuming you know so much more about the game just because you played high school and college. it's a ridiculous assumption to make.

Ill take Ruud's opinion over yours anydayRuud Gullit said about the incident that the "Italians would call that being clever whereas the English would call it cheating". To me it kind of sums up the difference between Latin and Anglo culture. Similar to Maradonas famous Hand of God in the game between England and Argentina in 1986. He felt no shame afterwards that he had used his hand to help him and Argentina win the game. It was not really cheating. It was being clever. Latins just play by different rules as the English/Canadians/Americans. Something that in Anglo culture is perceived as cheating the Latins see as perfectly fair game.
actually im being serious right here. it's interesting you bring up cultural differences. you see it in hockey for sure. canadian teams have no hesitation when it comes to diving and flopping. the montreal canadiens are renowned for it...and im sure they share that same view, it's clever. hockey being more physical a game tho, gives them a need to dive. theyre usually a smaller and quicker team, that's less physical. off topic i know since its not soccer, but thought it was interesting that you brought up the cultural aspect.

but i still am going to laugh at you for assuming you know so much more about the game just because you played high school and college. it's a ridiculous assumption to make.

Originally Posted by Demps

this tried to brag by saying he played varsity soccer.

LMAO.

I bet 90% of those who disagree with me love arsenal and root for the US nat team... That shows how much soccer you understand lol

says the guatemalala fan lol

... and argentina fan tooyes bradley lover we lost the copa america but i can still call the greatest soccer player currently ( messi) and the greatest ever ( maradona) a paisano. Recognize boludo

Originally Posted by Demps

this tried to brag by saying he played varsity soccer.

LMAO.

I bet 90% of those who disagree with me love arsenal and root for the US nat team... That shows how much soccer you understand lol

says the guatemalala fan lol

... and argentina fan tooyes bradley lover we lost the copa america but i can still call the greatest soccer player currently ( messi) and the greatest ever ( maradona) a paisano. Recognize boludo

cesclaughinggif_277818.gif

cesclaughinggif_277818.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I didnt bring it up to be cool. i said because niketalk forum "soccer experts" are trying to say how the game should be played without having even played the game at any level. Ive been a striker all my life and know latin floppers like Ronaldo and Pedro and even anglo floppers like Robben and Captain Save U.S. Soccer jurgen Klinsman would agree with me since they were attacked by brits for flopping. If there are any pro soccer players on this forum let me know but for all i know most have never put on a number 9, 10 or 11 and can tell me i am wack for flopping.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I didnt bring it up to be cool. i said because niketalk forum "soccer experts" are trying to say how the game should be played without having even played the game at any level. Ive been a striker all my life and know latin floppers like Ronaldo and Pedro and even anglo floppers like Robben and Captain Save U.S. Soccer jurgen Klinsman would agree with me since they were attacked by brits for flopping. If there are any pro soccer players on this forum let me know but for all i know most have never put on a number 9, 10 or 11 and can tell me i am wack for flopping.

And that is why the world hates Italian soccer and why MANY people hate Maradona

try varsity and div 1...and since when did not playing equate not knowing.

you sound extra soft sir, i hope your just trolling.

And that is why the world hates Italian soccer and why MANY people hate Maradona

try varsity and div 1...and since when did not playing equate not knowing.

you sound extra soft sir, i hope your just trolling.

Lol_wut_pack.jpg

Stop it.

Lol_wut_pack.jpg

Stop it.

I played varsity as well and college level at SDSU. Either on the wing or a striker.

From experience my opinion is that flopping will only make everything worse. Im about 5'10 with an average build. But if im facing sweepers and CBs that often have a bigger build and i flop, i feel like i look like im easier target to get the ball from. They'll just look at you like they need to put a firm body on you and youre done.

That said, i dont care how much bigger the defender is im going to be a nuisance to them and square my shoulders and deliver and equal blow. I love the contact of the game. I grew up with it. I guess i can understand if u flop inside the pk area with a bad angle on goal to get a decent shot at a pk but aside from that i dont really like it.

Had a teammate who ran pass the last defender and when the defender tried to trip him outside the box he took the fall and resulted in a freekick with an ensuing yellow for the defender. Now i know that was clearly a foul but if you have a chance to keep your footing and finish up the damn play and score dont +%#%% out and take the fall, fight for the extra stride to stay up and score. %!@* like that gets me pissed

I played varsity as well and college level at SDSU. Either on the wing or a striker.

From experience my opinion is that flopping will only make everything worse. Im about 5'10 with an average build. But if im facing sweepers and CBs that often have a bigger build and i flop, i feel like i look like im easier target to get the ball from. They'll just look at you like they need to put a firm body on you and youre done.

That said, i dont care how much bigger the defender is im going to be a nuisance to them and square my shoulders and deliver and equal blow. I love the contact of the game. I grew up with it. I guess i can understand if u flop inside the pk area with a bad angle on goal to get a decent shot at a pk but aside from that i dont really like it.

Had a teammate who ran pass the last defender and when the defender tried to trip him outside the box he took the fall and resulted in a freekick with an ensuing yellow for the defender. Now i know that was clearly a foul but if you have a chance to keep your footing and finish up the damn play and score dont +%#%% out and take the fall, fight for the extra stride to stay up and score. %!@* like that gets me pissed

how are you about to take ruud gullits opinon when you're a galaxy fan? dude almost single handedly destroyed your team with some of the worst managing i have ever seen at any level in any sport. 
flop all you want. if i played against you im stomping your ankles. %!+$ it bro, ill yank the scrotum too. its all part of the game homie. 
pimp.gif

how are you about to take ruud gullits opinon when you're a galaxy fan? dude almost single handedly destroyed your team with some of the worst managing i have ever seen at any level in any sport. 
flop all you want. if i played against you im stomping your ankles. %!+$ it bro, ill yank the scrotum too. its all part of the game homie. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Anyway... been watching highlights of the Utd/Sounders and City/WCaps exos. I don't follow the MLS, but are the pitches usually that slow/thick? The quality doesn't look that good too, or maybe it's just quality of my video.

laugh.gif

Anyway... been watching highlights of the Utd/Sounders and City/WCaps exos. I don't follow the MLS, but are the pitches usually that slow/thick? The quality doesn't look that good too, or maybe it's just quality of my video.

^
those teams play on artificial turf and they put in temporary grass for the friendlys..

they are way too soft. no bounce at all.

^
those teams play on artificial turf and they put in temporary grass for the friendlys..

they are way too soft. no bounce at all.

Wait, I still can't get over the fact that this clown AJIIIpLATINum really tried to floss his varsity high school soccer pedigree.
roll.gif

It's been a sorry summer for you my friend.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom