The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Menez to PSG.

I'm so bummed out about this news. I am little surprise by this too because I thought maybe Luis Enrique would give him a second chance but maybe the team didn't want him. Menez was my favorite player at Roma. I thought with Bojan joining the squad, it could be pretty good to play both men. He should be great at PSG, it should fit his style but it's a sad news for me as a Roma fan. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Menez to PSG.

I'm so bummed out about this news. I am little surprise by this too because I thought maybe Luis Enrique would give him a second chance but maybe the team didn't want him. Menez was my favorite player at Roma. I thought with Bojan joining the squad, it could be pretty good to play both men. He should be great at PSG, it should fit his style but it's a sad news for me as a Roma fan. 
frown.gif

Big signing for MCFC. Technically gifted and physically solid, Kun should fit right in, and continue his impressive strike rate in the Prem.

Not even a City fan, but all the better if Tevez can't be moved. A Silva, Tevez, Aguero led attack would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Big signing for MCFC. Technically gifted and physically solid, Kun should fit right in, and continue his impressive strike rate in the Prem.

Not even a City fan, but all the better if Tevez can't be moved. A Silva, Tevez, Aguero led attack would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Tevez likely destination looks like Inter. He's already met with Inter chief, only question is an outright buy or loan with view to permanent.

Tevez-Eto'o-Pazzini up front? I don't like the idea of him playing on the wing where he's not as effective. Inter have no wingers as it is. Not opposed to a year-long loan with option to buy though.

Tevez likely destination looks like Inter. He's already met with Inter chief, only question is an outright buy or loan with view to permanent.

Tevez-Eto'o-Pazzini up front? I don't like the idea of him playing on the wing where he's not as effective. Inter have no wingers as it is. Not opposed to a year-long loan with option to buy though.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Well N'Zogbia is basically one of Wigans only attacking threats outside of Rodallega.
He has also been asked to play full back instead of an attacking wing. N'Zogbia was
basically being double-teamed all season, and still was the leading goal-scorer and
assist man, but beyond statistics, N'Zogbia is basically Wigans best player week-in
week-out

Downing has previously had the help of Ashley Young on the opposite wing or having
Albrighton on the opposite wing. Along with having Gabby, Carew, and Bent up top
at various times. Downing did not ever strike anyone as being the best player at Villa
week-in, week-out

Downing is your typical British hype, if N'Zogbia was an English international
he'd be worth £25 million easy by todays prices.

The only argument against N'Zogbia is why havent larger clubs already been
in for him in the past few seasons, well thats been answered by Aston Villa
who hasn't been very successful in the past few years and doesn't have a cash
daddy to help them, but are considered a relatively large club. Can't believe they
hired McLeish to manage them, as he will not play an attacking brand of football.

Nice to find some people making legitimate arguments about soccer on here
pimp.gif
Yeah I agree the fee was high for Downing. Partly because of the new owners transfer policy which is to overpay to fill an immediate void. They payed 35 million for Andy Carroll now we need a proven player in the PL to provide accurate crosses into him. Hopefully Downing is that player. I think the new owners would've over payed for anyone at that position but Downing seemed the best fit. He was bought to cross the ball if he scores that's a bonus. Liverpool haven't had a true winger in a long time now. Hopefully Downing can fill the void. First time in a while the future looks bright for us.  
I agree some good discussions going on in here. 

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Well N'Zogbia is basically one of Wigans only attacking threats outside of Rodallega.
He has also been asked to play full back instead of an attacking wing. N'Zogbia was
basically being double-teamed all season, and still was the leading goal-scorer and
assist man, but beyond statistics, N'Zogbia is basically Wigans best player week-in
week-out

Downing has previously had the help of Ashley Young on the opposite wing or having
Albrighton on the opposite wing. Along with having Gabby, Carew, and Bent up top
at various times. Downing did not ever strike anyone as being the best player at Villa
week-in, week-out

Downing is your typical British hype, if N'Zogbia was an English international
he'd be worth £25 million easy by todays prices.

The only argument against N'Zogbia is why havent larger clubs already been
in for him in the past few seasons, well thats been answered by Aston Villa
who hasn't been very successful in the past few years and doesn't have a cash
daddy to help them, but are considered a relatively large club. Can't believe they
hired McLeish to manage them, as he will not play an attacking brand of football.

Nice to find some people making legitimate arguments about soccer on here
pimp.gif
Yeah I agree the fee was high for Downing. Partly because of the new owners transfer policy which is to overpay to fill an immediate void. They payed 35 million for Andy Carroll now we need a proven player in the PL to provide accurate crosses into him. Hopefully Downing is that player. I think the new owners would've over payed for anyone at that position but Downing seemed the best fit. He was bought to cross the ball if he scores that's a bonus. Liverpool haven't had a true winger in a long time now. Hopefully Downing can fill the void. First time in a while the future looks bright for us.  
I agree some good discussions going on in here. 

Originally Posted by DLo13

Argentina fires Batista, which we all figured was coming. (Bring back Maradona. He's proven he can achieve similar failures and be much more entertaining in the process.)
I think they should've kept Batista, if it wasn't for Muslera having the game of his life Argentina would've probably raised the trophy on Sunday. They've already found Batista's replacement, it's Alejandro Sabella who led Estudiantes to a Copa Libertadores, an Argentine title, and a near FIFA World Cup win against Barcelona.
They're also planning to combine the top 2 divisions of their domestic league for 2012-2013, creating a 38 team super-league.

I guess that's one way to be certain River Plate secures promotion.

sick.gif
Argentine football has been on a steady decline since the beginning of the decade and the rise of the Kirchner administration, this just marks the peak. The fact of the matter is that the government holds a virtual monopoly on the television rights of top division football. Now that the largest club in Argentina, River Plate, will no longer compete in the top flight its natural that they would want a monopoly over their rights as well, so what do they do? Combine the second flight with the top to ensure that they make money off of every big club in the country. Corruption at its finest, in any other case FIFA would heavily investigate and hit the country with all sorts of sanctions, but since AFA's president Julio Grondona is also FIFA's vice-president and Blatter's right hand man nothing will be done to stop this.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Argentina fires Batista, which we all figured was coming. (Bring back Maradona. He's proven he can achieve similar failures and be much more entertaining in the process.)
I think they should've kept Batista, if it wasn't for Muslera having the game of his life Argentina would've probably raised the trophy on Sunday. They've already found Batista's replacement, it's Alejandro Sabella who led Estudiantes to a Copa Libertadores, an Argentine title, and a near FIFA World Cup win against Barcelona.
They're also planning to combine the top 2 divisions of their domestic league for 2012-2013, creating a 38 team super-league.

I guess that's one way to be certain River Plate secures promotion.

sick.gif
Argentine football has been on a steady decline since the beginning of the decade and the rise of the Kirchner administration, this just marks the peak. The fact of the matter is that the government holds a virtual monopoly on the television rights of top division football. Now that the largest club in Argentina, River Plate, will no longer compete in the top flight its natural that they would want a monopoly over their rights as well, so what do they do? Combine the second flight with the top to ensure that they make money off of every big club in the country. Corruption at its finest, in any other case FIFA would heavily investigate and hit the country with all sorts of sanctions, but since AFA's president Julio Grondona is also FIFA's vice-president and Blatter's right hand man nothing will be done to stop this.

Back
Top Bottom