The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

We could of capitalized on what happened today in Manchester, but we didn't, because Chelsea lacks mental fortitude and hunger. For those reasons I believe we can't win the Premiership. If anything, today City made a statement that they're loaded with great players whom are hungry, and that they are the team to beat. United look like a side with a thin bench, and when injuries take toll, they cannot field a side capable of beating all rivals.

Yes ManU fans are exactly like Lakers fans, maybe even more like Red Sox and Yankees fans too, whom feel that their teams are the only ones worthy of winning.

What a day
laugh.gif

Gervinho had a great game, scored and set up RvP twice. Ramsey was putting in work too
pimp.gif

Hopefully the red cards from the Chelsea game will work in our favor next week.
And the Manchester Derby
eek.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by solidsnake

The worst day of my football life today, you can't let them score more than 3-4 without shutting up shop. Six is a complete disaster and a result that must galvanise us, we've been below par for a good 5 games now.

And yes, anyone on an American internet forum about shoes who supports Manchester City is a glory hunter or got an unlucky pick from a hat 10 years ago.
i69jl0.jpg

Hold up did I just read a United fan call someone else a glory hunter!?!?!?!?

laugh.gif

Today surely is a strange day.

You say that as if Arsenal have absolutely no glory hunters 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

The worst day of my football life today, you can't let them score more than 3-4 without shutting up shop. Six is a complete disaster and a result that must galvanise us, we've been below par for a good 5 games now.

And yes, anyone on an American internet forum about shoes who supports Manchester City is a glory hunter or got an unlucky pick from a hat 10 years ago.
i69jl0.jpg

laugh.gif

grin.gif

roll.gif
Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 6 years you think we still got Glory Hunters hanging around.  The Arsenal fans around now will be there for the long haul.  Thats why I don' worry about who is a City fan or not because if you looked 6 or 7 years ago there was Chelsea fans and so on.  Some of you need to realize that people gravitate to the beautiful game at different times.  If someone just got into the sport last year then City would be an obvious choice and one that should not be ridiculed especially from Manchester United fans who don't even understand failure.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Yes ManU fans are exactly like Lakers fans, maybe even more like Red Sox and Yankees fans too, whom feel that their teams are the only ones worthy of winning.
Man Utd is the most successful team in England and the most dominant over the last 2 decades or so...obviously they hate the idea of losing...

you're saying that like it's a bad thing...

Ease up on the City fans, 90% of us have zero ties to any team in Europe except one day we picked one of the teams. How many Stoke City fans are there here? Wigan? How about Sevilla, Genoa or West Brom? Most of us root for the big teams (myself included) because they are consistently winning. This is the very definition of being bandwagon fans. Chelsea fans have no room to criticize City fans because 99% of the Chelsea fans around the world became fans circa 2004. How many of the millions of people around the world that support United, Arsenal, Barcelona etc. are from those places? At one point in time most fans of any team were bandwagon fans.

And whoever said United fans were like Lakers fans got it spot on. As soon as your team loses, they throw out the same tired "well at least we won ____ amount of titles". Your team got embarrassed today. Admit you sucked and move on

prince boateng balling out of control right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

would also like to know why vidic wasnt in the XI. arguably the best centre back in the world and hes left out of the teamsheet for jonny evans in one of the biggest games of the year? i cant think of another manager that would do that. its ridiculous how many times evans gets wrong side of a player in critical situations. im sorry to say but rio was no better either, he has not played well in any of the games ive seen this year. he used to be so commanding, physically and vocally in the back. i guess his best days are behind him.

ive never seen a united team play that poorly.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Man Utd is the most successful team in England and the most dominant over the last 2 decades or so...obviously they hate the idea of losing...

Not what he said. Hating the idea of losing, and feeling your team is the only one worthy of winning aren't the same thing. The latter implies inherent disrespect to opponents. 

I almost feel bad for SAF. Was all set to retire had he won the CL last season, but decided to stay on after they were dominated because he saw Barca as the ultimate challenge. Now his side isn't even the best team in town, let alone Europe. 
laugh.gif
 Actually, nvm about feeling bad; I think it's rather hilarious. 

JordanHead718212 wrote:
trunks206 wrote:
solidsnake wrote:

i69jl0.jpg

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Come on now, lets really REALLY think about what we type out prior to posting...who is looking to ride to glory with us right now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You guys were flying high after clubbing our makeshift squad at OT and us Arsenal fans were still here and took our lumps like men. Today you guys got dismantled by City and some of you guys are acting like babies, questioning the validity/legitimacy of others support, looking to their position in other competitions as a way to make up for today (while ignoring the large level of difficulty of teams between the two groups) and some even deflect the butt kicking by wondering how many goals City will score against other clubs (Arsenal) like letting 6 in isnt that bad....come on now. 

I just cant get over any United supporter being mad at "glory hunters" like you guys dont benefit the most from having the largest global fan base. You guys have the highest commercial revenue of any team in England and are up there, if not in the top spot, in all of Europe due to all the glory hunters watching your games and buying your !@+%. How much is that Vietnamese company paying ya'll just to be a training kit sponser??? Its part of the game in the global world we live in, if you support United you know about glory hunting all too well, so to get on other clubs for it is just plain silly. Ya'll lost today just take the L.

Back1n, Vidic wasn't even listed as a substitute so Fergie must have deemed him less than match fit. Personally I would have started Phil Jones over Evans. 
I'm far from a United supporter but one derby match doesn't determine the best club in Manchester. Manchester United has dominated City in recent history, but this big win certainly bodes well for City's domestic title aspirations and overall momentum. We'll see who's top of the table at the end of the campaign between United, City, and Chelsea. Also if Newcastle can sustain their hot start and how good LFC really is. 

Obviously at the end of the day, the final table will settle the debate, but as of today City is a superior side. United is flawed in their midfield, and I don't see that problem going away with the return of Cleverly as some have suggested. 

Some of us are fans of Edin Dzeko, the Bosnian prince. We enjoyed watching him on VFL Wolfsburg, and decided to watch matches of Man City when Dzeko went over there. The more we watched the club, we were impressed with the solid foundation they had and became a fan. I can name pretty much every guy on the roster....so dont call be a #%@!!%+ bandwagoner. Im Mexican, from Chi town, and I love the Blues, get over it.

Tom Cleverley and Paul Pogba are both long-term CM options that can and should make valuable contributions in this current campaign, not to mention the always present possibility of a Sneijder purchase in January. If anything Chelsea has more of a void at CAM despite adding Meireles late. 
One match is meaningless in the big picture. City may have turned a corner but they must prove it over a long duration of consistent performances, not like their CL match with Bayern Munich. Manchester United's most dire problem today was defensively. Jonny Evans is simply not a good player, the back four healthy will be fine with Vidic/Ferdinand in the middle and Evra/Jones or Smalling outside. Also keep in mind that United controlled the flow of play virtually all first-half. Super Mario's first goal was against the run of play. 

JordanHead718212 wrote:
trunks206 wrote:
i69jl0.jpg

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Come on now, lets really REALLY think about what we type out prior to posting...who is looking to ride to glory with us right now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You guys were flying high after clubbing our makeshift squad at OT and us Arsenal fans were still here and took our lumps like men. Today you guys got dismantled by City and some of you guys are acting like babies, questioning the validity/legitimacy of others support, looking to their position in other competitions as a way to make up for today (while ignoring the large level of difficulty of teams between the two groups) and some even deflect the butt kicking by wondering how many goals City will score against other clubs (Arsenal) like letting 6 in isnt that bad....come on now. 

I just cant get over any United supporter being mad at "glory hunters" like you guys dont benefit the most from having the largest global fan base. You guys have the highest commercial revenue of any team in England and are up there, if not in the top spot, in all of Europe due to all the glory hunters watching your games and buying your !@+%. How much is that Vietnamese company paying ya'll just to be a training kit sponser??? Its part of the game in the global world we live in, if you support United you know about glory hunting all too well, so to get on other clubs for it is just plain silly. Ya'll lost today just take the L.
I accepted the L hours ago but that doesn't mean blatant $#+@%%$% should be said. No one said anything about glory hunters now, but i can guarantee that 95% of the fan base in Africa, Asia etc came around the early 2000s with Henry, the invincible season, and all that. So don't try to act like your fans are so much better then ours. And all United supporters know about glory hunting too well? Some of us have legitimate ties to the team we support so wrong again. I'm not even mad anymore but the biased view against United everywhere is ridiculous, especially due to the fact that the generalizations are made based on what you read on forums like this. We'll see what your saying when the "loyal supportive tone" of City supporters changes 5 years from now. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Not what he said. Hating the idea of losing, and feeling your team is the only one worthy of winning aren't the same thing. The latter implies inherent disrespect to opponents. 

I almost feel bad for SAF. Was all set to retire had he won the CL last season, but decided to stay on after they were dominated because he saw Barca as the ultimate challenge. Now his side isn't even the best team in town, let alone Europe. 
laugh.gif
So you absolutely DO NOT feel this way about Real Madrid? Not at all in the slightest?

I dont get how anyone can hate Balotelli though*. The kid's antics are hilarious. Sets his house on fire with fireworks in the middle of the night, then comes and scores twice against Utd? 
laugh.gif
I'm becoming a bigger fan of his every day.

*Save for Man Utd fans after today.

Arsenal with a solid win today; looking better every weekend
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love Mario Balotelli
laugh.gif
his antics on and off the pitch are entertaining (and harmless for the most part) and he's an incredibly talented player.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I dont get how anyone can hate Balotelli though*. The kid's antics are hilarious. Sets his house on fire with fireworks in the middle of the night, then comes and scores twice against Utd? 
laugh.gif
I'm becoming a bigger fan of his every day.

*Save for Man Utd fans after today.

Arsenal with a solid win today; looking better every weekend
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We usually struggle against Stoke so I am happy for the 3 pts. Big game next week against Chelsea.  I want to see what this team is made of.  We need a legit striker in January though this team relies heavily on RVP.  Luckily, RVP is playing like the best striker on the planet at the moment.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I love Mario Balotelli
laugh.gif
his antics on and off the pitch are entertaining (and harmless for the most part) and he's an incredibly talented player.

Dude is straight out comedy
laugh.gif

72ests.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
at some of the Man Utd fans on here

Balotelli showing why he's one of the most talented players in the world. His combination of technique, skill, and raw physical ability are too scary. Another kid without a ceiling.

Prince-Boateng this past week has been on fire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif
So you absolutely DO NOT feel this way about Real Madrid? Not at all in the slightest?
No, of course not - at the end of the day I respect the institution of Real Madrid. The current manager, some of their history, most of the players, and many of the fans - not so much. Even so, if they do manage to fairly beat Barca this year in any of the competitions, then so be it. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Gervinho had a great game, scored and set up RvP twice. Ramsey was putting in work too
pimp.gif

Hopefully the red cards from the Chelsea game will work in our favor next week.
And the Manchester Derby
eek.gif
Just got done watching the game and he sure made me eat my words from earlier this week his best game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom