The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

You can defend Suarez all you want, but it's obvious the reaction that Evra gave him the first time he said it, and allegedly went on to use it over 10 times? I find it very difficult to chalk it up as a misunderstanding in those circumstances.

Also, how is John Terry's more dubious than Suarez? Suarez was making an obvious reference to Evra's race, and continued to do so even after Evra was obviously angered by it, to the point he got a yellow card for demonstrating to the official, and JT's was also making reference by calling Anton a black c***. I personally agree with the Suarez suspension, and for anything that comes down on JT.

You can play naive all you want, but you know that Suarez was specifically using race to attempt to wind up Patrice, and we can't have that in football. To me, that is the crux of the matter.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

So what Suarez did is OK because some band made a song using the word "Negrita" 36 years ago? Right. Because things like this don't evolve over time at all. 
The naivete it takes for one to convince oneself that what Suarez said to Evra was the equivalent of saying "mate" is just astonishing. No wonder so much racist %@+% happens still. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/21/john-terry-racism-case-cps?CMP=twt_gu

[h1][/h1]
John Terry to face criminal charges over alleged racist abuseThe Crown Prosecution Service has announced that John Terry will face criminal charges relating to an alleged racist slur aimed at the QPRdefender Anton Ferdinand.

Terry, who denies wrongdoing, will appear before West London magistrates' court on 1 February 2012, charged with a racially aggravated public order offence.

The news follows the CPS's recent confirmation that it had received additional evidence, thought to be new video footage of the incident, which allegedly occurred during Chelsea's defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.

Shortly after the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game. I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

Alison Saunders, chief crown prosecutor for London said: "I have today advised the Metropolitan police service that John Terry should be prosecuted for a racially aggravated public order offence following comments allegedly made during a Premier League football match between Queen's Park Rangers and Chelsea on 23 October 2011.

"The decision was taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and after careful consideration of all the evidence I am satisfied there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and it is in the public interest to prosecute this case.

"Mr Terry will appear before West London magistrates' court on 1 February 2012. He is now summonsed with a criminal offence and has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could prejudice his trial."

The development follows Tuesday's decision by the Football Association to ban the Liverpool striker Luis Suárez for eight matches and fine him £40,000 after he was found guilty of misconduct, regarding the use of "insulting words" towards Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

Oh and the stuff about the FA going off Evra's word alone? Also !!+!%+$#.

http://www.telegraph.co.u...Evra-race-abuse-row.html

As revealed in Telegraph Sport on Thursday, Suárez has admitted using the term ‘negro’ to Evra once, but insisted this was not racially motivated.

So it comes down to Suarez claiming that he didn't mean it in a racist manner. He was just pointing out a fact about Evra's skin color. In a heated soccer match. As the two argued back and forth. No racism at all. Just friendly observations. Just like a song title! Trust me I've been to Uruguay!

Please.

Rumors of a potential Torres loan to Milan if the Tevez move doesn't pan out. Regardless Daniel Sturridge has clearly been Chelsea's best player this season for me and an absolute blessing to AVB. Supposedly both Kalou and Malouda have big money offers in Russia. I expect a lot of turnover and big moves from Chelsea in the coming January window. Cavani, Falcao, Modric, Gotze, Van der Wiel, Cahill, and Pereira have all been linked to Stamford Bridge. AVB's three main priorities should be a creative playmaker, CB, and true RW. Chelsea's lack of creativity in the midfield is even more glaring than Manchester United's midfield problems. Juan Mata does well to help mask the Blues' deficiencies (his ability to drop into the midfield). I'm prepared for Fergie to move hard for Sneijder, leaving Modric as an option but Spurs may be very reluctant to sell the Croatian international given their first-half success. Meireles was a good summer addition but didn't quite address Chelsea's need for a major CAM. A CB like Cahill is extremely dire with the impending sale of Alex, the struggles of Luiz, and severe punishment coming for JT in light of his actions towards Ferdinand. Terry will most likely get a ban similar to Suarez based on the harsh precedence set by the FA. To make matters worse JT is now facing criminal charges as well. A true RW in AVB's unique 4-3-3 is also a very urgent need. Sturridge has done well in that role but quite frankly that's not his natural and best suited position. Players like Hulk, Di Maria, and Michel Bastos would be great fits. Bastos being the most likely candidate out of the three to leave OL. Pereira would be a nice luxury providing versatility at LM and also LB to spell Cole. Bertrand is not ready for first-team action but could be a regular starter for Chelsea in two years or so. Unfortunately Porto isn't budging on their price for Pereira. He's a valuable utility player for any squad, much like Zabaleta does for City from RB and LB. 

That Torres rumor is interesting...they should get rid of him...

Maybe he'll fare better in the Serie A.

I agree Sturridge has been solid....

As I've said before...Chelsea are set to put in a 30m bid for Higuain, which I'm sure they'll push HARD for if Torres is loaned...

I'm looking forward to tonights matches...I really need more than 1 tv in my living room for times like this....

Didn't I read the other day that Ajax confirmed Van der Wiel has been sold to Valencia?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

RVP...penalty....

pimp.gif

That move that Walcott pulled to draw the penalty though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

34 goals for RVP now...currently tied with Henry for a single season tally...he might just break it tonight....

Danny with an early goal... great buildup...

Smalling at CB, while Jones is at RB... interesting.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

So when Tevez finally gets shipped, do you think City goes out and tries to get another star?

Probably because City has alot of football to play... this and next season (Europa, FA Cup, EPL, Carling Cup??!? {not sure}...then next season potentially CL, EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup)So yeah, they'll want to pick up another striker incase they pick up injuries...

I wonder who they will go after. Anyway pretty nice set up by Giggs just now...and the crossover lol. Fulham looks like dog poop.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

RVP...penalty....

pimp.gif

That move that Walcott pulled to draw the penalty though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This. Great trickery from Theo. Villa is getting far to many ball into the box, thankfully nobody has been on the end of them. Frimpong need to play better aswell he cheaply given away possession 4-5 times. Still up at half so I'll take it.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I wonder who they will go after. Anyway pretty nice set up by Giggs just now...and the crossover lol. Fulham looks like dog poop.

If Higuain for some reason does go on the market...best believe they'll put in a 40m bidThey're also rumored to put in a bid for Eden Hazard.Speaking of Chelsea earlier btw...they've signed Gary Cahill....

Lucky, deflection-goal for Giggsy!
laugh.gif

Deflected off Senderos...

Can't mention Senderos without being reminded of this...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at these young English stars. Welbeck, Young, etc. Decent soccer players, but not even in the same league as someone like Cuenca. This is why they get @$%!@+! on at every tournament.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Rumors of a potential Torres loan to Milan if the Tevez move doesn't pan out. Regardless Daniel Sturridge has clearly been Chelsea's best player this season for me and an absolute blessing to AVB. Supposedly both Kalou and Malouda have big money offers in Russia. I expect a lot of turnover and big moves from Chelsea in the coming January window. Cavani, Falcao, Modric, Gotze, Van der Wiel, Cahill, and Pereira have all been linked to Stamford Bridge. AVB's three main priorities should be a creative playmaker, CB, and true RW. Chelsea's lack of creativity in the midfield is even more glaring than Manchester United's midfield problems. Juan Mata does well to help mask the Blues' deficiencies (his ability to drop into the midfield). I'm prepared for Fergie to move hard for Sneijder, leaving Modric as an option but Spurs may be very reluctant to sell the Croatian international given their first-half success. Meireles was a good summer addition but didn't quite address Chelsea's need for a major CAM. A CB like Cahill is extremely dire with the impending sale of Alex, the struggles of Luiz, and severe punishment coming for JT in light of his actions towards Ferdinand. Terry will most likely get a ban similar to Suarez based on the harsh precedence set by the FA. To make matters worse JT is now facing criminal charges as well. A true RW in AVB's unique 4-3-3 is also a very urgent need. Sturridge has done well in that role but quite frankly that's not his natural and best suited position. Players like Hulk, Di Maria, and Michel Bastos would be great fits. Bastos being the most likely candidate out of the three to leave OL. Pereira would be a nice luxury providing versatility at LM and also LB to spell Cole. Bertrand is not ready for first-team action but could be a regular starter for Chelsea in two years or so. Unfortunately Porto isn't budging on their price for Pereira. He's a valuable utility player for any squad, much like Zabaleta does for City from RB and LB. 

I agree with everything said, but along with a CB and creative mid, we might need more than one striker, considering Anelka's departure, Torres' possible loan, and Drogba and Kalou leaving for the ACN and possibly for the long run as well. Besides a great forward like Cavani, Falcao, or Higuain to pair up with Sturridge, we need a decent striker that's not a star and is willing to sit on the bench for periods of time, like Anelka did. 

Back
Top Bottom