The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

30t6p3b.gif
@ that defending...

Usually I can't stand English soccer/football but this match is 
pimp.gif
Let's go Spurs

Always annoys me to see my boy Meireles in a Chelsea kit
30t6p3b.gif

I hope they keep this pace up all game I am very entertained right nowEDIT: this could not end well for chelsea, bale is gonna tear that right side of defense up

Sturridge is that dude, hopefully he will score the winner. Our back line plus it's injuries demonstrate an over-reliance on Terry and a need to buy in January.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

pimp.gif
Let's go Spurs

30t6p3b.gif
What don't you like about the EPL

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

pimp.gif
Let's go Spurs

30t6p3b.gif
Barca don't play in the EPL.

Worried about Arsenal in the January transfer window and resigning RVP come next summer...

I used to live in London and yes, I am a Gooners fan.

Originally Posted by hugebird

pimp.gif
Let's go Spurs

30t6p3b.gif
Nah, it has nothing to do with Barca . It's just that the current EPL style of play isn't for me (although today it was exciting to watch). Too many long balls and crosses instead of focus on control and accurate passing. Reminds me of a much,much more talent-filled version of the MLS.  The EPL used to have many good midfielders until recently and was much more exciting to watch. I'm far from a Chelsea fan, but I was expecting them to be re-energized by adding Juan Mata (who used to single handedly terrorize teams in La Liga). Of course, you have still have some beasts like David Silva (only reason I watch Man City games is to see him and Balotelli), and Wilshere has the potential to be a star in the future. The one club that I used to watch alot was Arsenal, since they play (or at least used to) more like a Spanish team with their Total Football. Ever since last years CL though, I've met too many of their d-bag fans and don't really care for the club anymore (can't really blame them though, RVP got shafted)

Again, this is just IMO, and not saying that EPL teams are bad, just that the way they play doesn't really interest me, just like how many EPL fans ignore great La Liga matches because they're not fast or physical enough. I still watch the major games just to see the individual talent though.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

TBH, I wasn't sure what type of a player Phil Jones was when they first signed him.  I knew he was a defender, but that was about it.  Now, after a bunch of games, surely it's SAF's long-term intention to put him and Smalling at CB with the twins at the corners?  I thought his CMF experiment was reasonable good... but I guess that's what Cleverly's for.  Good thing is that Jones's versatility will be useful.  Do you think Jones is more effective overlapping the wingers, or cutting through the center?

frown.gif

Fletcher

Vidic

Fabio

Anderson

Owen

Cleverly

Jones

Young...

frown.gif
i think he's more effective cutting through the centre but i will agree with ChampCruThik,Jones can still put in good performances no matter where he plays...

and that injury list is crazy,especially with Vidic and Anderson out for the rest of the season...
tired.gif

according to sky, mikel,ivanovic,king, & kaboul all had hamstring problems last night, lol

in an interview they showed as well, avb said chelsea will be in the market for a CB, personally, i think cahill is EXTREMELY overrated

Originally Posted by hugebird

Nah, it has nothing to do with Barca . It's just that the current EPL style of play isn't for me (although today it was exciting to watch). Too many long balls and crosses instead of focus on control and accurate passing.

Now here's a school of thought that I never subscribed to ^^I don't get how someone can say players don't focus on accurate passing in the EPL. But when you watch Scholes before he retired, and even Rooney, Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Van Der Vaart...all of those players have the ability to drop an insanely accurate cross or long pass. See the cross of last night to Drogba which he chested down and hit the bar. That is the pinnacle of accurate passing. Just because it's not the "Arselona" style of passing 1000 times before shooting, doesn't mean it's not accurate. I think it takes almost as much skill to make a play with 3 passes as it does with 12. The 3 passes have to be well timed and super accurate, where as the 12 can sometimes give you 8 to recover. Also, these players (and more) have the ability to "Switch the play" at any given moment providing an element of surprise from the other wing instead of passing it 4 times to get there.

Sturridge and Drogba are grown men. I think Spurs and Chelsea will have something to say about the title when its all said and done. Also Modric is a baller.

Somebody please get Torres off of this team
30t6p3b.gif

Thought Redknapp erred in his game management yesterday. He inexplicably pushed Modric out wide, and when coupled with AVB bringing in Oriol, led to Chelsea completely controlling the midfield in that second half. Oriol Romeu is class; so composed on the ball, and has needed no time to adjust to the pace of the Premiership. Great game all around.

Torres bound for beautiful Malaga?
nerd.gif
Doubt it, but I'd love to see it.

Great work on your blog, CCT.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Thought Redknapp erred in his game management yesterday. He inexplicably pushed Modric out wide, and when coupled with AVB bringing in Oriol, led to Chelsea completely controlling the midfield in that second half. Oriol Romeu is class; so composed on the ball, and has needed no time to adjust to the pace of the Premiership. Great game all around.

Torres bound for beautiful Malaga?
nerd.gif
Doubt it, but I'd love to see it.

Great work on your blog, CCT.
Harry always makes questionable tactical changes. Modric is ineffective on the right. Should have kept him in the middle and at least tried Niko on the right, or push Bale to the right and bring in Rose to the left. Apparently VDV had a hamstring problem, not positive, but anytime Pav comes in, he breaks all the momentum of play for Spurs. Pav's movement is awful, his passing is poor, and his workrate is non-existent.

But really thought Sandro 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Straight monster in the midfield, when he actually develops he is going to be miles ahead of Parker

Back
Top Bottom